2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately Philly will most likely ruin Miami's one aqua throwback game with their white pants/white socks combo.

I say the Ravens go purple over black this week since it's the one purple combo they still haven't worn this season.

Really digging that Packers Giants match up. Haven't seen that since before the Giants switched to white bottoms.

Redskins Panthers and Jet Bengals will both be nice, but I assume at least one of the home teams wears all black.

16 minutes ago, G-tron said:

It's such an opportunity missed for the Bears not to wear their white throwbacks vs the Lions in their throwbacks for the Thanksgiving game.

Totally agree. The Lions wore their throwbacks I believe against Kansas City at home while the Bears wore theirs against Minnesota and will wear them against Dallas in December. They wore the orange jerseys against the Chargers. Some of these teams I can't figure out the logic in how they wear throwbacks against teams that are newer vs established rivals.

Any reason why the Cowboys shouldn’t just bring back the double star unis? They can keep their current helmet and use the proper silver pants full-time. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

This comes up constantly in this thread. I know this whole idea of uniform match ups seems so obvious to those of us who spend so much time thinking about this stuff, but it seems pretty clear that the teams don't think in those terms at all.  The teams who have a throwback uniform I'm sure choose to wear it based on some plan having to due with exposure, and maximizing the marketing possibilities. Period. What uniform their opponent is wearing, and how the two teams would look together, and how it might look like a game 40 years ago is so far down on the decision making list, it might as well not even be on it.

1 hour ago, G-tron said:

It's such an opportunity missed for the Bears not to wear their white throwbacks vs the Lions in their throwbacks for the Thanksgiving game.

Each team can wear one of their 2 alternate 'JERSEYS" a total of 3 times. 

(Exceptions: granted to Browns and Rams)

Is the no fun league gonna count Chicago wearing the 1960s helmet logo and gray facemask as a throwback game when they wore their primary jersey and pants yesterday?  I don't see how, not they way the rule was made.

Chicago and Detroit should be able to wear their throwbacks on Thanksgiving if they so choose, and since the Bears' multi-striped throwback is a white jersey with different navy pants it sure wouldn't clash with the Lions' throwback.  So if they both have the option I for one think they ought to.

That'd be really cool.

Same home jersey and pants but a simple swapping of a helmet decal and face mask count as one of your 3 eligible alternate attire games?  I find that laughable if da Bears are forbidden if they wanna wear the 30s striped throwbacks while Detroit wears theirs, which feature different jerseys and pants.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

A bit of a stunner..Indy will be in white at home this weekend, which means I think we may see the Titans break out the navy over light blue combo or even navy over white.

1) Last season's week 16 featured the Titans doing a stunner with WAH vs the Redskins. 2) Did the Colts plan this because the Titans wore white/Columbia in Nashville in this season's week 2.

4 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Each team can wear one of their 2 alternate 'JERSEYS" a total of 3 times. 

(Exceptions: granted to Browns and Rams)

This usually seems to hold up as true. However, the Baltimore Ravens somehow wore their black tops three times PLUS "Color Rush" once in both the 2017 & 2018 seasons, respectively. I believe they got some kind of waiver to permit said occurrences, and I hope it is the case again this season, because if not, then I feel like Harbs & Co. wasted one of the black jersey games by utilizing the white pair of pants. I'm not saying that's a bad look, but IMHO, it is simply the worst of the three pants options to pair with the black tops. Hopefully, they can do as they did last year — depending upon the league's leniency — and wear all three bottoms with the aforementioned black jersey. Thus, one of the other two (purple or black) pairs of pants aren't left out from the 2019 schedule of mix-n-match combinations!

2 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

And I wish the Ravens have them as primary home uniforms.  Nothing against their current ones, but I like to see them updated as their look full time.  They are really neat IMO.

They look sick with the gold pants on Madden. Those gold pants were a cool idea they just look horrible with the standard home purple.

Archived