2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Man, if only Atlanta had just two uniforms in their set to base a new uniform set off of...

oh wait...

spacer.png

spacer.png

No brainer. The throwbacks have attitude. Create a modern version of the old logo and do black as the primary with red as the alternate. Switch between white, black and red pants on the road.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Colts wearing white at home this week, the whole division will have done WAH.

Times when the whole division wore white at home in a season

2011: AFC East

2017: AFC East (With the Patriots wearing white as the Super Bowl host team)

2019: AFC South

1983: NFC East

If you include non whites, when the visiting team was forced to wear their colors

2002: NFC South (Saints wore gold against the Vikings), (Falcons wore white against the Bengals)

3 hours ago, Froob said:

No brainer. The throwbacks have attitude. Create a modern version of the old logo and do black as the primary with red as the alternate. Switch between white, black and red pants on the road.

Great proposal, I would switch helmet back to red though. Red numbers on the white jersey. 

On 11/27/2019 at 11:59 AM, NFLfan10 said:

Titans announced a switch to navy over white. Interesting. First time this will be worn in the regular season. I'm hoping this means they're saving the navy/light blue for either or both the Texans and Saints games at home in December. 

Now if they could only break out the white pants for at least one home game. Doesn't matter which jersey is worn with them.

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Titans with yet another audible, now going with the :censored:ty all-navy combo:

The Titans should just stick with the Columbia pants when wearing the Navy tops, or better yet, make the Columbia top the primary with Navy pants.

This is just baffling.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I feel like all Tennessee really needed to do from the previous set was remove the helmet stripes and fix the number font. Otherwise, it didn’t need much and certainly not this disaster of an overhaul that went way too far.

The Titans (and Bucs, I think) are a prime example of being careful what you ask for when wanting change. Sometimes it’s easy to look at some minor flaws like the Titans had and cry “OVERHAUL IT” when that may not be the solution and worse, lead to the whole thing being a major flaw in and of itself. I always shudder when people want the Panthers to hit hard reset, because I think if any team has the potential to fit that disastrous bill, it’s them. They’ve only ever needed tweaks and I’m positive if they roll out the hard reset some are asking for, it’s going to come out more Titans/Bucs than what we’d like. Both teams are a stern warning.

Sometimes it’s best to either make small tweaks or keep still. The Titans really should’ve considered what small things they could do instead.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

51 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I feel like all Tennessee really needed to do from the previous set was remove the helmet stripes and fix the number font. Otherwise, it didn’t need much and certainly not this disaster of an overhaul that went way too far.

The Titans (and Bucs, I think) are a prime example of being careful what you ask for when wanting change. Sometimes it’s easy to look at some minor flaws like the Titans had and cry “OVERHAUL IT” when that may not be the solution and worse, lead to the whole thing being a major flaw in and of itself. I always shudder when people want the Panthers to hit hard reset, because I think if any team has the potential to fit that disastrous bill, it’s them. They’ve only ever needed tweaks and I’m positive if they roll out the hard reset some are asking for, it’s going to come out more Titans/Bucs than what we’d like. Both teams are a stern warning.

Sometimes it’s best to either make small tweaks or keep still. The Titans really should’ve considered what small things they could do instead.

Agreed, though, like the Bucs, I like the Titans’ helmet, apparently against all reason. I prefer the previous helmet, though I would’ve liked to see what a Light Blue or Dark Silver helmet would’ve looked like.

I also feel that the current set could be salvaged.  Make Columbia tops/Navy pants/Columbia socks the primary home look, either use one shade of silver (preferably the darker shade) or drop it entirely, make the shoulder sword blades and helmet stripe blade a solid color (Navy on Columbia and vice versa; the blades on the white can go either way IMO), fixing the number font (something like what their social media uses would work just fine), and use some more traditionally-shaped (read: vertical) pants stripes.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

5 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

The Titans should just stick with the Columbia pants when wearing the Navy tops, or better yet, make the Columbia top the primary with Navy pants.

This is just baffling.

Navy over Columbia and Columbia over White are the only dark combos the Titans have any business wearing on the field.

34 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Thought about this for a while, but the AFC South is just... too blue.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

-Colts are fine as is

- Titans are okay

- Texans could and SHOULD own red

- Jaguars need to embrace the gold

Id like to point out that not a single red and blue team wears a red home uniform

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Thought about this for a while, but the AFC South is just... too blue.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

-Colts are fine as is

- Titans are okay

- Texans could and SHOULD own red

- Jaguars need to embrace the gold

If the the Titans embraced Columbia over Navy, like they should, every team would also have a different shade of blue. Which makes it better. But having 2 navy teams, it makes it overwhelming. 

Yes I’d love to see the Texans embrace red too.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 11/28/2019 at 4:38 PM, Discrimihater said:

Yeah, solid white just looks like the equipment manager ran out to Dick's about an hour before the game.

Grey looks like they went to a garage sale and they had them sitting there for sale since 1966.

3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Navy over Columbia and Columbia over White are the only dark combos the Titans have any business wearing on the field.

Liked for the first half of your post, as the only pants that the Navy tops have any business being worn with are the Columbia pants. While I’d prefer White numbers on the Columbia jerseys, I do like Columbia over Navy for the current Columbia tops.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

2 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Liked for the first half of your post, as the only pants that the Navy tops have any business being worn with are the Columbia pants. While I’d prefer White numbers on the Columbia jerseys, I do like Columbia over Navy for the current Columbia tops.

Fair enough; I just feel like a lighter color (that isn't white) over a darker color doesn't work aesthetically.

Indianapolis doing something they haven't done in 20+ years will be nice. The "teams should only wear their colored jerseys at home" crowd can stuff it. Going white at home, even if it's just once a home game, is refreshing. Between the blue and white, I find the Colts white to be the better of the two.

On 11/30/2019 at 12:36 AM, upperV03 said:

Titans with yet another audible, now going with the :censored:ty all-navy combo:

So dysfunctional. I was hoping to see either white or Columbia bottoms. Maybe because they lost to Indy and didn't make the playoffs when they went Navy/Columbia in week 17 last season.

Archived