2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

7 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

You're a bit off there my friend.

Wow, for some reason I thought the Bills & Jets collectively debuted them among the rest of "Color Rush". I did think they were the first examples of such, which I suppose was technically still the case, except occurring a season earlier than I had realized, instead! But they do only seldomly wear them, as once per year isn't really a lot by any means, just like I attempted to properly convey, and as you also further stated.

So that's what I meant; I was simply saying they have a red top (plus pants) that they wear at least that one time per season since introduction, albeit I was clearly off by a year. Additionally, I did address whether he meant primary or alternates — he meant the former, not the latter, despite not originally clarifying — since I wasn't sure if the person was aware whether those teams have/had red jerseys at all. Said poster responded, further verifying, while also noting that I had a point.

Still, my reply stemmed from the initial remark, which was that NO TEAM in the NFL sporting a red & blue color scheme — thus not limited to just AFC South, based on context of wording — utilizes a red "home" jersey. Obviously, two teams currently do so — most often in their home stadiums, at that — and I didn't even touch on the long-gone Patriots throwback alternates, besides the former Giants uniforms that I inserted in the mix.

Anyhow, I hope this better clears up the premise in which I was intending to get across during my reactive post to the other forum member. By the way, I concur with plenty of your sentiments as well, and fully appreciate the healthy discussion alongside some extra information that you provided, too! I tend to have an elephant-esque memory when it comes to minuscule minutiae of randomly useless football factoids (especially re: Ravens), although not so much in this instance!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I'd also like to see blue over white and lime over white.

But you know something? Seattle never wears anything other than blue pants at home ever since they played at Century Link Field.

Right, but for the green pants and a few preseason home games with blue over white during the Hasselback years. 

3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I'd also like to see blue over white and lime over white.

But you know something? Seattle never wears anything other than blue pants at home ever since they played at Century Link Field.

Blue over white would look weird because no part of the navy jersey has white on it. Neon green over white though with navy socks is something I would like to see. Also try out navy/neon green with navy socks, white/neon green pants and navy socks, and grey/navy 

4 hours ago, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 14 

Ravens @ Bills

8J7izvj.jpgwUXHPNl.jpg

The Bills will be announcing later on this morning to make their choice official, just as they do each Wednesday morning.  We'll see if you got this one spot-on Mr Canzman . . . 

. . . but

I'm hoping you've got the Ravens off with the black pants.  I wanna see the Bills go up against them with those nice purple pants, and now that they've become a common part of their uniform choices, I'd like to see them get some better socks to go with those purple pants.  They once had a white set with stripes which I believe were purple and black striped.  Something like that would really bring about a nice contrast and really compliment them.  That solid blacks socks just don't work, but for now at least they're not wearing solid colored purple socks with those same colored pants. 

When the Ravens first moved to Baltimore I wasn't too enthused with their jersey number font, but it's really grown on me.  It hasn't become my favorite jersey number font, but it makes it part of their identity.  

My current favorite jersey font remains the block numbers like Buffalo and other teams wear, and the once I can't get enough of is the jersey font of the Chicago Bears which I believe is the same one that the Houston Oilers wore in their AFL debut season of 1960 and then wore those as throwbacks in 2009 for AFL-50 Legacy.

Those are the ones that the Titans SHOULD have chosen for their re-do.  Their current ones are amongst the worst, partners with Tampa Bay.

C'mon Ravens ... bring those purple pants to Orchard Park for Sunday.   You know you want to.

Redskins Packers - gorgeous. Been waiting to see that matchup since 2007. 2013 gave us the white on gold look at Lambeau which was awful.

I'd be shocked if Philly doesn't wear black. This would be their third consecutive scheduled home national TV game, and they had worn green for the prior two. Plus they've only worn green vs. NYG once in the past 5 years I believe.

We should hopefully see Detroit in blue pants. They seem to be rotating pant colors with the white jersey this season.

I'd also hope Carolina wears black bottoms and gives us something new rather than what we see every time they go to Atlanta.

BAL BUF possibilities are just about endless. I hope the Ravens go white purple against the Bills in blue.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Colts wear ONLY their blue color rush pants with the white away jersey, but wear white socks instead of their primary blue ones.

They looked great for those few games in the blue pants back in 1995, and the socks were perfect for them. 

This was also back in the days when teams could have the belt in any color they chose, to bring out the accent in the pants.  We don't see that anymore since NIKE took ove in 2012.

17-SEP-1995

COLTS at BILLS

Orchard Park, NY

(12) Jim Harbaugh

spacer.png

1 hour ago, aaa333bbb said:

As I hinted at early last week, Bills will be in red color rush for Canada day. Unfortunately though, they’ll be back to regular grey facemasks. Does anyone know if Baltimore posts what pants they’ll wear during the week? 

Canada Day falls on 01-JULY every year, so what have you been on about?

Anyway, my day has now been ruined!!

Buffalo never should have worn these red CR uniforms when Miami came to Orchard Park earlier this season, both teams blew a nice opportunity to have an AFL look for that game now that the Dolphins have both the home and away versions of their 1966 throwbacks. 

Mono-red CR for 2 of 8 home games?  The longtime fans from the AFL and early post-merger days have been protesting the lack of wearing the traditional blue on white at home.  Wait until they hear this decision.

This isn't gonna take too well with many of the supporters in Bills-mafia, myself included.

It's crazy how in the first season of Buffalo's current set, they wore either blue on white or white on white. Now they mix it up like crazy and we only see the standard home set 2 or 3 times.

That matchup is now ruined as far as I'm concerned. Not sure what the Ravens can do to make this any better. I guess purple pants is still the best option.

Ignore, as it was previously posted.  Sorry.

Just glad I decided not to buy a ticket to that game early in the week.  No way am I going to brave December elements in these creaky old bones to see the Bills wearing that monstrosity.  

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

28 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

It's crazy how in the first season of Buffalo's current set, they wore either blue on white or white on white. Now they mix it up like crazy and we only see the standard home set 2 or 3 times.

That matchup is now ruined as far as I'm concerned. Not sure what the Ravens can do to make this any better. I guess purple pants is still the best option.

Purple pants for the Ravens or not, the Bills have already ruined what could have been a great look in a very big game coming this Sunday.

Going all-red CR for a second home game is way over the top and I wouldn't be surprised if Bills Mafia supporters give team management some major backlash for this decision. 

Very poor move, this is only the biggest December home game for the Bills since the 90s  .... 

4 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

I'm hoping you've got the Ravens off with the black pants.  I wanna see the Bills go up against them with those nice purple pants, and now that they've become a common part of their uniform choices, I'd like to see them get some better socks to go with those purple pants.  They once had a white set with stripes which I believe were purple and black striped.  Something like that would really bring about a nice contrast and really compliment them.  That solid blacks socks just don't work, but for now at least they're not wearing solid colored purple socks with those same colored pants. 

C'mon Ravens ... bring those purple pants to Orchard Park for Sunday.   You know you want to.

(Un)Popular opinion, the Ravens should retire the black pants and wear Purple/White/Black at home with Purple/Purple/Black as Home Alt, then wear White/Purple/Black on road mostly full time, with exceptions of going White/White/Black.

Archived