2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

If the Ravens do wear that black/purple combo, that will be a beautiful game. I'll be there in person to see it myself. Team website says black, so @canzman got the jersey choice right and we've already seen black/white vs the Pats and all-black vs the Niners, so odds are that's what we'll see.

Honestly would have thought they'd save it for the season finale vs Pittsburgh IMO

Eh the black on purple is kinda a weird combo. I feel like something needs to be tweaked to make it work. I’d rather see all black.

33 minutes ago, dont care said:

Black jersey with purple pants would look awful. The inverse is bad too but atleast then it’s not so top heavy.

IDK, I didn’t think it would work, but after seeing it last year it might have been one of my favorite combos they wore

E7JLKfL.jpg

21 hours ago, simtek34 said:

The Vikings have never worn White Socks and Pants together. Wouldn't see it happening at all anyways. Outside of TNF, we've only worn P/W/P and W/P/P since 2015. In 1962-1964, our Purple Pants had White socks. Only times in history we have worn White Socks. 1961/1965-present, all White Pants with the Vikings have had White Socks.

Even so, I also really want to see White on White for the Vikings. I'm in the group that hates Purple Pants and only want P/W and W/W. That's how it's always been for us, and how it should always be. Ever since we introduced the Current uniforms in 2013, the Vikings have only worn White on White 3 Times. Twice in the 2013 Preseason, and Week 1 2015 MNF vs SF in their Black on Black. Really want to se it return and as the Primary Combination. (Also, if you have to wear White on Purple, at least wear White Socks with it like the 60's. Uggh, it seems like all of the Nike designs only come with one kind of Sock nowadays)

(Excuse the amount of photos. I love this combo so much and just want people to appreciate it more)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Agree. I like the purple pants, but more as a novelty, once, twice per year thing, than as the standard road look. Maybe I'd feel different if they didn't have solid purple socks. 

And I'll repeat, they should never ever be worn with the purple jerseys again and the color rush trash needs to be buried back wherever they dug it up from this year.

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Gridiron Uniform Database has the Titans going mono-light blue (with navy socks, thankfully) Sunday against the Texans:

spacer.png

Mono, still sucks, but if it must be worn, it should always have contrasting socks. So this will be as passable as mono can be.

3 hours ago, jn8 said:

IDK, I didn’t think it would work, but after seeing it last year it might have been one of my favorite combos they wore

E7JLKfL.jpg

I don't mind it. Not as good as Black/White, but still better than mono-black.

On 12/11/2019 at 6:16 PM, Froob said:

How many alt games can you have? Ravens will have done black 3 times plus color rush? I think Seahawks did grey twice and green twice.

I wonder how much, if any, alt or CR we see in the playoffs. AFC is home team. BAL in black vs SEA in grey?  The regular rules are melting away...

What a letdown. The black on purple combo looked cool and the Ravens won the division last year in dramatic fashion in Lamar's rookie season while wearing it, but instead they choose to wear black on black for the second time in 10 days. Man these teams make me angry.

3 hours ago, crosfam said:

I wonder how much, if any, alt or CR we see in the playoffs. AFC is home team. BAL in black vs SEA in grey?  The regular rules are melting away...

Teams can’t wear any alternate during the playoffs unless they got a waiver beforehand. It’s probably already too late to submit any

Archived