EddieJ1984

Gulden's Mustard goes Black....for blacks sake.

I do not like this design at all. It makes it nigh-impossible to know how much mustard is still in the jar (as the old packages were transparent!)

That's ridiculous.  In addition to not knowing how much is left (maybe they have a clear strip on the side though) I want to be able to see the color of the product.  It looks classy, but that's not what I'm looking for when buying mustard.

5 hours ago, willmorris said:

I do not like this design at all. It makes it nigh-impossible to know how much mustard is still in the jar (as the old packages were transparent!)

"If they can't see how much mustard is left, they'll err on the side of caution and buy more, increasing our profits!"

Looks more like a barbeque sauce IMO.

14 hours ago, willmorris said:

Especially now since Guldens has different varieties. It would be different if they only had the one Spicy mustard type. 

It’s definitely not a good look, but the clear packaging argument is dumb. Most mustard bottles are solid yellow... 🙄

Posted (edited)

mod edit

Edited by Ice_Cap
let's not inject politics into a thread about fricken mustard bottles

not a bad strategy at all. it will definitley stand out on the shelf and maybe they’re trying to be the fancy mustard brand? 

It looks like shoe polish. Or an automotive product, which, yes, will look different on the grocery store shelf. 

As a big mustard fan, I don't think I've had Gulden's. Is it anything special? 

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

As a big mustard fan, I don't think I've had Gulden's. Is it anything special? 

I feel like George Costanza when Eric the Clown told him that he had never heard of Bozo.

On 7/1/2019 at 9:52 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I feel like George Costanza when Eric the Clown told him that he had never heard of Bozo.

Forget it!  its over for Bozo!

People are going to be looking for mustard, pass by this, not even think it's mustard, and angrily buy something else thinking that their preferred Gulden's isn't being carried. (Or they don't have a strong brand loyalty and will just go for the first mustard-y looking thing on the shelf... which this is not.)

Guaranteed this lasts less than a year. I have a feeling they're trying to eliminate the sometimes weird-looking look of a partially empty mustard bottle, with mustard smears on the sides of it, without replicating French's famous yellow bottle, but this isn't the way to do that. It doesn't look like the product being sold.

On 7/1/2019 at 5:31 AM, Cosmic said:

Looks more like a barbeque sauce IMO.

Looks more like car polish to me.

Reminds me that I need to find a store that sells brown sauce!