Gulden's Mustard goes Black....for blacks sake.

BadSeed84

That's ridiculous.  In addition to not knowing how much is left (maybe they have a clear strip on the side though) I want to be able to see the color of the product.  It looks classy, but that's not what I'm looking for when buying mustard.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, willmorris said:

I do not like this design at all. It makes it nigh-impossible to know how much mustard is still in the jar (as the old packages were transparent!)

"If they can't see how much mustard is left, they'll err on the side of caution and buy more, increasing our profits!"

14 hours ago, willmorris said:

I do not like this design at all. It makes it nigh-impossible to know how much mustard is still in the jar (as the old packages were transparent!)

Especially now since Guldens has different varieties. It would be different if they only had the one Spicy mustard type. 

It’s definitely not a good look, but the clear packaging argument is dumb. Most mustard bottles are solid yellow... 🙄

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

It looks like shoe polish. Or an automotive product, which, yes, will look different on the grocery store shelf. 

As a big mustard fan, I don't think I've had Gulden's. Is it anything special? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

People are going to be looking for mustard, pass by this, not even think it's mustard, and angrily buy something else thinking that their preferred Gulden's isn't being carried. (Or they don't have a strong brand loyalty and will just go for the first mustard-y looking thing on the shelf... which this is not.)

Guaranteed this lasts less than a year. I have a feeling they're trying to eliminate the sometimes weird-looking look of a partially empty mustard bottle, with mustard smears on the sides of it, without replicating French's famous yellow bottle, but this isn't the way to do that. It doesn't look like the product being sold.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived