Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Make this the primary, but change the stripes to match the old white pants stripes, or change the old pants stripes. Or just wear orange pants all the time. Bring back the old jerseys and keep the brown facemask and you have a great look. 

IMG_0900.GIF

At the very least, the Browns & the NFL should post this for any/all media usage (i.e. one sheets, scoreboards, apps, etc)

We get it, you have a helmet.  A helmet that reflects nothing much from your ancient heritage.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

They're considering a switch to white helmets.

https://factoryofsadness.co/2017/03/27/browns-rumors-browns-considering-switching-white-helmets/

Only the Browns can be this dumb.

yOWNRPi.gif

Are they actually embracing themselves as the NFL's worst team now? 

Might as well create a new color-rush uniform starring brown helmets, brown jerseys, brown pants, and brown gloves.

6 hours ago, jimsimo said:

Here's a little more from another Browns beat reporter:

Daryl RuiterVerified account @RuiterWrongFAN 2m 2 minutes ago

In addition to possibly re-doing uniforms I've been told # Browns are heavily considering designing new logos (not repainting helmet logo)

They better do that. Keep the helmet, but change the uniforms. The uniforms are atrocious and they need to go back to their classic uniforms. I don't care if "Cleveland" is on the chest, just make it small. 

I find out a waste of money if they redesign their logos. The logo sets are fine with me. The uniforms need to go. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

54 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

https://factoryofsadness.co/2017/03/27/browns-rumors-browns-considering-switching-white-helmets/

yOWNRPi.gif

It's one of the most recognizable helmets in the history of the NFL and they're THINKING of changing it?

IMG_9612.PNG

XM4KeeA.png

13 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

It's funny how the Rams, Chargers and Raiders all can relocate but the Browns can stay put and embarass an entire state on a constant basis. How does it even work?

The original Browns did pack up for Baltimore, though the league doesn't consider it a relocation. Also, they left their coach behind, which was a big mistake in hindsight.

Cleveland had such a classic look before. I wish they would just bring that back alongside: their old Dawg Pound logo; their old pants with the traditional striping; orange pants like those from the 80's to be used two to three times a season at the max; continue to leave their helmets alone; and make a logo with Brownie the Elf to be their main logo instead of just the orange helmet. That to me would be perfect. 

3 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

The current uniforms are fine except for a few things:

1. Change the shadow to an outline
  2. Flip the orange numbers to white on the brown uniforms
  3. Get rid of the contrast stitching
  4. Get rid of the BROWNS text on the pants and extend the stripes all the way down
  5. Put a logo on the helmet

Do that, and you're done. I actually like the large wordmark on the front.

1. Agreed
  2. I could go either way on this.
  3. Agreed
  4. Agreed
  5. No.  If they ever put a logo on the helmet, it better be great and it better last forever.  No dog's head.  No Elf.  I could live with the "B" in the football, but really, it should not be on the helmet. No helmet logo is their helmet logo, if you will. 

I'd shrink the wordmark.  And this would be a serviceable uniform.  This is a few steps from being a decent uniform...

...of course, I'll listen to the argument that "even if it's an OK uniform, it's not 'the Browns.'"  So perhaps they should go with the look that the city and fanbase clamored for.  The classic look works just fine.  What I'd do to it:

• Keep the brown facemask.  Man that looks good.  Both the white and gray masks stuck out like sore thumbs...this is the first time they've had the facemask right.
  • Consider orange outlines on the numbers.  I'd like it, but I pretty much only like one-color numbers on one-color teams.

And for crying out loud, don't switch to white helmets! That's not the look we expected when we changed the way we recorded sports history for you.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

7 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The logo will be the same, but the orange will be tweaked again "to reflect the passion of the dawg pound. The brown remains unchanged."

Unpopular opinion, but I like the deeper, redder shade of orange. That's about the only thing I like about the update. Well, I do like the helmet finish and brown facemask (though the stripe texture does nothing for me and can go) and upshadow (if they reversed the colors on the brown and white uniforms).

5 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Make this the primary, but change the stripes to match the old white pants stripes, or change the old pants stripes. Or just wear orange pants all the time. Bring back the old jerseys and keep the brown facemask and you have a great look. 

IMG_0900.GIF

A slightly updated version of this logo would look good, but this should be the Browns' primary (read: display) logo. It's very minimalistic, as the Browns uniforms should be. And yea, they can bring that first dog logo back as a secondary--it's also pretty straightforward and no-nonsence (and also fitting for a team whose primary color is brown, despite the debates we've had concerning color accuracy). That, or bring back an updated elf logo. I think Andrew Carrington (I think that's his handle, if he's still around) had a pretty cool old school-cartoon-elf-with-a-two-bar-helmet logo that could work.

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

yOWNRPi.gif

The Browns with white helmets as throwback/alternates? Sure, OK, I've always that could look good every once or twice a year (with a throwback-inspired uniform to boot), if the NFL ever allows alternate helmets again. The Browns with primary white helmets? Hell. no.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

10 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

IMG_0900.GIF

This is one of the worst logos in sports.  Its straight from Microsoft clip art.  The affection for this logo boggles the mind... especially on this forum.

I was on board with the new uniforms because they brought back orange jerseys and pants. There was also some consistency between the striping and the brown facemask was a big improvement over gray. That's really where the positives end. There's just too much going on and they look like a cluttered mess.

Simplify by:

1. Removing 'Browns' from the pants

2. Remove contrasting stitching

3. Remove dropshadows on numbers

4. Switch number colors. White on Home, Brown on Away and I'd actually be okay with Brown on the alternate orange.

5. Don't extend the shoulder striping onto the front of the jersey. Never understood the need for this. Just looks awkward.

I did a quick mock up:

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 7.56.11 AM.png

10 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The thing that bothers me about this logo is that the spacing between the stripes on the left and right side of the B are off. I'd also like it if the ends of the stripes curved just like the football outline.

Now I can't unsee this . . . regarding both issues.  It's like the moment I found out that the opening(?) on the right side of the Bears wishbone C isn't lined up with the point on the left.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

8 hours ago, bwburke94 said:

Didn't they start out that way?

Yes they did. Here's a pic from 1948. The Browns helmet is one of the most recognizable helmets in the NFL and they shouldn't change it. At first, I wasn't big on them widening the stripe on the helmet, but I'm fine with it now.motley-browns-1948-horiz-pdjpg-68bc5a666

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived