NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

The talking heads are pretty sure about him leaving, but come on, he’s a 42 year old qb. What ever team does sign him they better have a good o line and receivers that can actually run and catch because you’ll be getting a lot of the same from last year and let’s be honest he sucked last year.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, dont care said:

The talking heads are pretty sure about him leaving, but come on, he’s a 42 year old qb. What ever team does sign him they better have a good o line and receivers that can actually run and catch because you’ll be getting a lot of the same from last year and let’s be honest he sucked last year.

His line couldn’t protect him last season. I don’t think he’s elite anymore but he’d still be an upgrade for many teams. 

13 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Question to all: where will Tom Brady land, and how much of an impact will he have on whichever team he suits up for?

what makes you think that anyone on this message board has any more information than what’s been reported by literally anywhere else? 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

His line couldn’t protect him last season. I don’t think he’s elite anymore but he’d still be an upgrade for many teams. 

The thing is his O line was still better than most last year. Just most QB’s (if not all) had more mobility than him and can give themselves enough time to throw. Tom Brady can’t dodge the first guy anymore and it showed last year.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

what makes you think that anyone on this message board has any more information than what’s been reported by literally anywhere else? 

Nothing at all. I just found that to be an interesting topic for offseason discussion. 

The Patriots offense line wasn't the problem. 

It was his receivers, or lack thereof. 

Their TEs were crap

Sanu  & Watson were playing hurt 

Harry was a bust

Basically all he had to work with was Edelman & sometimes James White. And it really showed with how much he would try to force it to Edelman. 

Give him a decent TE (like Ebron), and another reliable receiver (Sanders or Green), and there's no reason he can't make 1 final run at the Super Bowl.  

1 hour ago, AustinFromBoston said:

The Patriots offense line wasn't the problem. 

It was his receivers, or lack thereof. 

Their TEs were crap

Sanu  & Watson were playing hurt 

Harry was a bust

Basically all he had to work with was Edelman & sometimes James White. And it really showed with how much he would try to force it to Edelman. 

Give him a decent TE (like Ebron), and another reliable receiver (Sanders or Green), and there's no reason he can't make 1 final run at the Super Bowl.  

I would have agreed in the beginning of the season but now, I'm not so sure of this. Yes, the men around him weren't as good but he just looked very old this year. Father time may have finally truly caught up to him. But I'll eat crow if he is in the Super Bowl next year with the Colts, Raiders, or whoever else. 

If I"m running a team that's very good - on the cusp of being great - but has immature players and suffers from a lack of leadership, I'd pay Brady every cent I'm allowed to - and I'd still try to work some kind of illicit under-the-table deal just to sweeten the pot.  He's not done.  I'd bring him in and let him basically run the offense.  Even if I had a good QB, I'd bring Brady in if I thought he could get my team over the hump.  

I'm not sure which teams fit that category - maybe Dallas?  Prescot is obviously very very good, but (I may eat these words someday) he will not win a SB.  If I'm Jerry, maybe I think about doing it, even if it destroys the relationship with Dak and they have to get rid of him.  You get two years of Brady, at least one of the with him still at a high level, and you maximize what you get out of everyone else.  I'd even say the Eagles, but I don't think they have the talent to win even with Brady right now.  On paper, Dallas is better positioned.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If I"m running a team that's very good - on the cusp of being great - but has immature players and suffers from a lack of leadership, I'd pay Brady every cent I'm allowed to - and I'd still try to work some kind of illicit under-the-table deal just to sweeten the pot.  He's not done.  I'd bring him in and let him basically run the offense.  Even if I had a good QB, I'd bring Brady in if I thought he could get my team over the hump.  

I'm not sure which teams fit that category - maybe Dallas?  Prescot is obviously very very good, but (I may eat these words someday) he will not win a SB.  If I'm Jerry, maybe I think about doing it, even if it destroys the relationship with Dak and they have to get rid of him.  You get two years of Brady, at least one of the with him still at a high level, and you maximize what you get out of everyone else.  I'd even say the Eagles, but I don't think they have the talent to win even with Brady right now.  On paper, Dallas is better positioned.  

Phila already has too much invested in Wentz, while Dallas isn't locked in to Prescott yet. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

52 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Phila already has too much invested in Wentz, while Dallas isn't locked in to Prescott yet. 

Jerry Jones has been heavily criticized for not signing Dak yet with many in the local media believing that it will end up exactly like Zeke Elliot's holdout from last year.

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Jerry Jones has been heavily criticized for not signing Dak yet with many in the local media believing that it will end up exactly like Zeke Elliot's holdout from last year.

The thing is Dak can just not sign, while skipping a year to hold out hurt bell because he’s a rb, this will only help Dak because as a QB a year without taking hits only extends a career.

5 hours ago, dont care said:

The thing is Dak can just not sign, while skipping a year to hold out hurt bell because he’s a rb, this will only help Dak because as a QB a year without taking hits only extends a career.

I think Bell was hurt more because he's not really good - just looked good on that Steelers team.  RBs are the biggest waste of money.  The difference between the elite and the next tier really isn't that much, and if you need that extra little bit from your RB, then you probably aren't a real SB contender in the first place.  Put a premium on guys that can catch and block.  Running isn't much different. 

Look at DeMarco Murray.  He was all-universe in Dallas, and then we found out he didn't actually know how to play football.  I'd never pay a lot to acquire a RB that was a star on someone else's team.  You never know how much was the player, and how much was the team/line/system.

EDIT: But yeah, Dak.  He'd be totally fine if he held out.  QBs can, as we see, play into their 40s.  He's more athletic than Brady, so his skills will deteriorate faster, but not any time soon.  THe only risk is if he holds out and they do sign Brady.  Not sure how the cap works in a situation like that, but then he could be screwed (uness Brady would be just a one-year push the chips all-in type of deal.)

5 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

I feel like they'll make the Packers play a road game in London this year, because they're still the only team who hasn't been out of the country.

Barring a complete messing around with the schedule, this can't happen. None of the teams 'hosting' an international game this year (Atlanta, Miami, Jacksonville x2, Arizona in Mexico) are down to host the Packers.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

11 hours ago, waltere said:

Barring a complete messing around with the schedule, this can't happen. None of the teams 'hosting' an international game this year (Atlanta, Miami, Jacksonville x2, Arizona in Mexico) are down to host the Packers.

How do you know what teams are hosting international games? Or did i miss something.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Just now, Bruhammydude said:

I knew that, and Jacksonville hosting 2, but where did Miami and Atlanta come from? Is it because they hosted the super Bowl recently

Atlanta and Miami are just speculation at this point.  

Archived