NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

Arizona has to be about the last place any NFL player wants to go to, unless they have absolutely no ambition.  That's a franchise that I just can't ever see being relevant.  They haven't been during my entire lifetime, and I go back to Neil Lomax.  Even the fluke year they went to the Super Bowl, it was more about Kurt Warner, and nobody actually took them seriously.  

It's one reason while I'll never consider Larry FItzgerald an all-time great - he never played in a pressure situation, or in front of a home crowd that cared, or in many games that actually mattered.  He seemed to be more interested in collecting a check and just flying under the radar.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady 100% done as a Patriot. 

Such a shame. Obviously wish he could have spent his entire career in NE and retire a Patriot. 

Honestly I don't really know what happens now. As far as Brady, is he really going to the Bucs? (they seem to be the only team serious about signing him.)

And as for the Patriots, are they really going to stick with Stidham? Or are they going to trade up to draft a QB? 

Regardless hard to believe that era is finally over. 

Deep down I kind of had a feeling it would end after Super Bowl LIII. It started against The Rams, and ended against The Rams. 

It's Been a hell of a ride and I wouldn't have traded it for anything. TY TB12. 

4 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

If Brady wants to compete, Bucs are actually a better option, believe it or not.

Unbiased, outside of running back the offensive weapons are solid (Evans, Godwin, Howard, Brate).  The O-Line is questionable at best but who knows.

Tampa Bay wouldnt mind the bump in attendance and the return to relevance from the media can be huge.

Brady to LA has seemed inevitable to me ever since most of the insiders said he was likely leaving the Pats. The Chargers desperately need to drum up some interest, and will need a stopgap to their QB of the future with Rivers gone. 

It will be interesting to see which of Belichick and Brady will have the most success now that they’re separated. My money’s on Belichick. 

spacer.png

My thought is that if Tampa Bay and the Chargers are the top 2 landing spots, both are in different situations.  Chargers can afford to wait it out if Brady wants to mull it over, because if the draft comes about Chargers are in position to draft a QB.  Tampa on the other hand kinda has to hope Brady makes a quick decision, otherwise they need to move on to other options because you dont want to be stuck without a chair when the music stops.

Just a reminder, that the Super Bowl LII Champion Philadelphia Eagles were the final team to defeat the Tom Brady lead Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Another reminder - the Jaguars are looking to trade Nick Foles... the QB that out dueled Tom Brady in Super Bowl LII.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Bills trade for Diggs was so good. Yes, they gave up a 1st-rounder, but I think if they were presented with selecting a first-round player on a great contract for the next three years, they'd take that every time. They already had additional fifth and sixth-round picks this year, so losing those were kind of a wash. The real cost is probably that fourth-rounder next year, but again, a first and a fourth for a guy you know is a legitimate #1 receiver is a great deal.

Like the NBA, I think a lot of teams overvalue picks in the face of guaranteed (or however close you can guarantee) production.

And with Brady leaving NE, the Bills are currently the prohibitive favorite in the AFC East, aren't they?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

21 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Just a reminder, that the Super Bowl LII Champion Philadelphia Eagles were the final team to defeat the Tom Brady lead Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Another reminder - the Jaguars are looking to trade Nick Foles... the QB that out dueled Tom Brady in Super Bowl LII.

So what you’re saying is......Nick Foles to the Patriots confirmed? 

Just now, AustinFromBoston said:

So what you’re saying is......Nick Foles to the Patriots confirmed? 

I think it will either be him or Andy Dalton.  Peter King kept mentioning Dalton as an option to replace Brady.  

Archived