Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

1 minute ago, Ridleylash said:

So a different font from the standard block, which is exactly what OSV posted. Custom font is custom font.

The example the guy gave were stock numbers. I mean the earliest sports leagues didn’t even use block font

Can you find me an old uniform set that was too gimmicky for you (pre 1990s)? 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

The point i’m making is it would’ve been really difficult for the Bucs to make a gaudy jersey like today

No, not it really wouldn't have.

8459451260_59ff2d0849_b.jpg

1932+1113+SIS@NYG.jpg

1936_NYGiants.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 minute ago, Maroon&Gold said:

Great example of how not everything old it traditional. Those might be the gimmickiest uniform in football history

how were they gimmicky? Have you seen soccer or rugby jerseys? Many use striping and in football’s early phase it was an extension of rugby

Kenneth_Gee_-_Wigan.jpeg

1 minute ago, MDGP said:

No, not it really wouldn't have.

8459451260_59ff2d0849_b.jpg

1932+1113+SIS@NYG.jpg

1936_NYGiants.png

yeah it’s totally fair to compare sweaters without padding to specialized jerseys meant for padding. I’m sorry but that isn’t a fair comparison. Like maybe the early Dallas uniforms with the stars on the shoulders are the closest 

5 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

Great example of how not everything old it traditional. Those might be the gimmickiest uniform in football history

Barber pole isn't what I'd call "gimmicky";

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Plenty of teams have/had barber-pole designs.

1 minute ago, Reyes47 said:

yeah it’s totally fair to compare sweaters without padding to specialized jerseys meant for padding. I’m sorry but that isn’t a fair comparison. Like maybe the early Dallas uniforms with the stars on the shoulders are the closest 

You can literally see the shoulder pads in those pictures.

I really hope you're a troll, because the only alternative I can come up with is that you're Ben Shapiro, and that is so much worse.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

7 minutes ago, MDGP said:

I really hope you're a troll, because the only alternative I can come up with is that you're Ben Shapiro, and that is so much worse.

Or Skip Bayless...

14 minutes ago, MDGP said:

What pads? If they do have pads they’re smaller than kickers pads

Even then are you saying 70s jerseys are exactly the same as 30s jerseys?

Like are you seriously using leather head era uniforms as your proof? Comparing leather heads to 70s football? Was the forward pass invented when those photos were taken? What teams are those?

No i’m not a troll just an idiot with a stupid opinion

On 4/9/2020 at 8:08 AM, MCM0313 said:

Oh, sweet, so there is a red sock option. It’s annoying how they’re matching pants to socks in most of these though. 

Second from the left and the far right combo look decent. 

Red socks on all of the others could work. Or do half white/half red socks. 

Mono white and mono black are so generically bad. I’m already missing the red/white/red look. 

9 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

My understanding of the bumblebee uniforms was that they were playing off the Steelers like "stealers" of thieves and the stripes were like a prison uniform. That's what I was told was the story behind them and in my opinion that would make them gimmicky 

they were still the pirates during that time

15 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

No it isn't. Graham retired over a decade before 68. refer to my previous comment about learning football history 

0ubm2Dz.png

that was a typo. Regardless what’s gimmicky about drop shadows? They’re super oldschool and common

3 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

that was a typo

If you meant 58 he wasn't playing then either 

5 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

Regardless what’s gimmicky about drop shadows? They’re super oldschool and common

Look up the definition of gimmicky. There isn't a single drop shadow in football that can't be improved by making it an outline

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

Counterpoint: Team logos and nicknames aren't nearly as dumb as airport abbreviations. 

Yeah, I know they love "ATL" in Atlanta, and I'm sure I'd need to be from there to "get it" yadda yadda (don't take that the wrong way Falcons fans, the hardcore Browns fans just ruined "you need to be from here to get it" sentiment), but it still looks bad to me 🤷‍♂️

Like...if the Falcons wanted to sell shirts and hats with "ATL" logos? Cool. The on-field uniforms though? Seems too try-hard and trendy. 

You really can't, imo, make locale abbreviations work unless you commit to a single letter or you have a two part locale name. 

I'm gonna say that it's one of those things where when it works it works, when it don't it don't.  I like "Phila" on the Sixers uniforms, and I won't mind if it was on a Phillies jersey.  Nobody actually says "Phila", but it's what I grew up writing when addressing letters "Phila, PA" and I just think it works.  I would not EVER want to see "Philly" on a jersey.  Nicknames are silly.

ATL is weird, because it's both a nickname and an accepted city abbreviation.  I actually don't mind it, since it's the first three letters of ATLANTA, so it's kinda like the Phila example, although Phila saves you 7 letters, while ATL only saves you 4.  Regardless, it's probably the one airport code that I don't mind... if applied at a proper size and not THIS BIG.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

That was the magic of the San Jose Sharks, too, they applied an unorthodox color scheme to a traditional design and it still stood out as something new and different.

That's pretty much the point I've been making all along about having an accepted aesthetic and "pushing" it.  In this case, they "pushed" it with the colors.  In the late '90s 40ers, they "pushed" it with the shadows and the added black (granted there was a throwback element to the shadow, but that hadn't been on a regular NFL jersey in decades.)  The Eagles "pushed" it with their color and a custom font - but it's still a traditional uniform, and while not everyone's favorite, hardly the trainwreck that Tenn, Bucs 1.0, and some others are/were.

6 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

How long until FITE ME IRL?

I think the great quarantine of 2020 is really starting to wear on people.  I haven't seen people this testy in a while (not just this thread.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived