Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

2 hours ago, colortv said:

Highlights of the Rams-49ers game if anyone missed it and wants to see how great the Rams uniforms looked in addition to an absolutely insane game:

49ers looked hideous, but the Rams looked great.  Even with those shoulder horns. 

Swap the gold and white on the pants, maybe lighten the blue a bit from that drab navy, and stop there because you've got a fantastic uniform.  Gold socks, blue socks, doesn't matter.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Uniforms need tweaking, but the colors are spot-on.  

Although I'll be damned if I know why the Rams keep tinting their photos to make the vibrant gold look more like mustard. 

Yeah, Blue/Navy pants would be a must for the Rams.

Yellow/Mustard/Gold as the base color screams LA more than any of their other uniforms/color schemes to me though.

5 minutes ago, colortv said:

Yeah, Blue/Navy pants would be a must for the Rams.

Yellow/Mustard/Gold as the base color screams LA more than any of their other uniforms/color schemes to me though.

I dig the Rams in yellow.  They will have to keep the navy blue if they go this route.

The 49'ers black uniforms are the most uninspired and poorly executed of all the Color Rush uniforms.  Monochrome gold would have made more sense and looked so much better.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

1 hour ago, Mitch B said:

I dig the Rams in yellow.  They will have to keep the navy blue if they go this route.

The 49'ers black uniforms are the most uninspired and poorly executed of all the Color Rush uniforms.  Monochrome gold would have made more sense and looked so much better.

Not so!

5X0nRus.jpg

As far as the Niners color rush, they should have gone this route.

T7xSRyu.jpg

You know the fact that 90% of Chargers fans prefer to rock the powder blue yet the Chargers have still insisted on wearing the navy duds as the primaries leads me to only two conclusions:

1. Ownership/Management is even worse than suspected

and/or

2. They've been waiting all these years just in case they did make an LA move to make the powders the primaries to help with the "splash".

39 minutes ago, colortv said:

You know the fact that 90% of Chargers fans prefer to rock the powder blue yet the Chargers have still insisted on wearing the navy duds as the primaries leads me to only two conclusions:

1. Ownership/Management is even worse than suspected.

Chargers fans have known ownership has been shockingly inept for years.

2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Not so!

5X0nRus.jpg

As far as the Niners color rush, they should have gone this route.

T7xSRyu.jpg

I'm seeing 2 different shades of blue in that Rams pic, a light navy and a dark royal.  IMHO, the blues in the uniform elements need to match and I believe a darker shade of blue provides better contrast to the yellow,  A deep royal blue all around might work.  

I liked that 49'ers white over white from the 90s, but it would have been improved with some gold on the jersey and pants.  Anything would be superior to the black uniforms.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

3 hours ago, Mitch B said:

I'm seeing 2 different shades of blue in that Rams pic, a light navy and a dark royal.  IMHO, the blues in the uniform elements need to match and I believe a darker shade of blue provides better contrast to the yellow,  A deep royal blue all around might work.  

I liked that 49'ers white over white from the 90s, but it would have been improved with some gold on the jersey and pants.  Anything would be superior to the black uniforms.

I see what you're saying, but royal contrasted perfectly fine with the yellow before right?

4 hours ago, Mitch B said:

The Niners' previous uniforms came close to doing just that. That set originally had white pants. I forget which year they introduced these.

sf-96-98-allwhite-iconsmi-620x415.jpg

Hotter Than July > Thriller

There are financial dynamics in play, from both a team and a league standpoint, that make the NFL forcing the Chargers to move again illogical.

The Chargers have invested millions into their move to Los Angeles, including construction of their temporary practice facility in Costa Mesa. And they are investigating a permanent headquarters site they envision as a sprawling destination campus.

There are ongoing efforts to market the new Inglewood stadium as a two-team venue, with luxury suites already sold at a price reflective of two teams and not one. A naming rights deal is also being negotiated with two teams and 20 NFL games a year in mind.

“There are aspects in place to all this that can’t be undone,” a league source said.

Meanwhile, Rams owner Stan Kroenke, who is financing the Inglewood project, will have use of the $200 million G-4 loan the Chargers are contributing via the NFL, and all PSL sales the Chargers make will go to the Rams to offset construction costs.

From the league’s standpoint, fellow owners will begin divvying up the $650 million relocation fee the Chargers will begin paying upon moving into the new stadium.

It’s hard to imagine owners turning their back on that relocation fee to send the Chargers back to an uncertain stadium situation in San Diego.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/22/could-chargers-return-to-san-diego-nonsense-league-sources-say/

Ok, forget the NFL forcing the Chargers back.

Also isn't the fact that the Chargers go with the navy over the powder blue because Dean Spanos actually hates the powder blue color?

Or was that just made up fan stuff to further back up why Dean sucks?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't think we actually know that for sure, but it's one reasonable interpretation. 

The Chargers switched to navy after the Spanos family bought the team.  It is their single lasting effect upon the Chargers (before this disastrous move), and Dean seems to cling to it as his legacy. 

Archived