Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

The helmets are the best part of the Rams uniforms right now so I disagree.

NFL should really make an exception on their jersey rule though. You want to prevent brand confusion? This isn't how you do it.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rams have to bring back athletic gold.  Navy and white (particularly with this monochrome look) is too drab.  

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 9/22/2017 at 9:52 PM, 4_tattoos said:

OT: When did people start referring to the color yellow as gold? It's confused me damn near my entire life I'm guilty of this as a Washington Redskins fan. I call the team's secondary color gold, but when the Steelers, Packers and Rams wear the exact same color I call it yellow.

For those of us who remember ColorWerx being active on this site... (sorry the formatting is funky)

On 9/22/2014 at 12:57 PM, ColorWerx said: 
   On 9/22/2014 at 12:49 PM, MEANS said: 

gold is Saints/49ers..etc. yellow is Steelers/Bruins/Packers...etc.

You're not really going to go there with me, are you???

Repeat after me:

COLOR DESCRIPTIONS ARE FOR MARKETING PURPOSES. THEY DON'T MEAN A FRACKING THING.

They can call it Gold or Yellow, or Mountain Sharkz Saffron...doesn't matter.

On 9/26/2017 at 6:01 AM, Ben in LA said:

D0900D86-85A3-42D2-BBB8-062BB415E55D.jpeg

Frankly, I almost wish the 2020 update would modernize this and go with it. I think yellow as the primary color would be very interesting. I'm fine with blue and white and blue and yellow, but yellow as the predominant color isn't as common in the NFL, and would help the Rams stick out more.

On 9/26/2017 at 8:01 PM, bosrs1 said:

Agreed. It's not going to happen overnight, unless this season gets really bad. But Spanos ownership will likely preclude it even if the league wants it to happen. Since any owner in San Diego would have to foot the whole or vast majority of the bill for a new NFL stadium. San Diego has moved on without the NFL and is focused on MLS and/or SDSU now. The political will to screw around with the NFL is nil right now.

Perhaps a replacement NFL expansion team in a few years ala Cleveland. San Diego Bolts has a nice ring to it (since I don't expect the Spanii would ever give up the Chargers name). Particularly if the NFL completely loses the 8th largest city in the US, which is apparently happening based on how far the ratings for their product have fallen in San Diego (not just the LAC mind).

"Bolts" would be redundant with the Chargers still in the league, unfortunately. I'd suggest bringing back the San Diego Conquistadors name (Q's for short, of course). They can put the team in the NFC West where there'd be a natural geographic rivalry with the Cardinals, since it's not like the new team would have any of the old AFL-era history. I'd root for them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't think it really needs to be front page news, but I guess if more people understand the NFL has a 5-year uniform policy, it will help explain things a bit. But, as I stated in another topic (or was it this one?), I think it really would have been better just to keep the St. Louis look until 2020. St. Louis did the same thing with the LA-era blue and gold, and I think that might have helped out the transition a bit. While I get the ownership didn't want the St. Louis colors in the return to LA, at least things would look a bit more consistent. But at least the Rams are doing blue and white as much as possible.

The NFL needs to make an exception and let the Rams change their jerseys now and still make a full change in 2020. It's a good thing that people are talking about this, because that's the only way it will change. 

They had a perfectly fine option on the table: change immediately upon the move, come out with a new alt with the new stadium three (now four) years later, and release a full new set five years after the move. They chose this instead.

Archived