Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

3 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Question that's somewhat related: What were the acronyms used for the Rams and Raiders when they were in LA together on TV broadcasts and such? 

I don't believe they used acronyms back then like they do now with score bugs. I'm pretty sure they just went with "L.A. Rams" and "L.A. Raiders" when showing the score.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I don't believe they used acronyms back then like they do now with score bugs. I'm pretty sure they just went with "L.A. Rams" and "L.A. Raiders" when showing the score.

They definitely used to. And it was just RAM and RAI.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

10 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

As much as I really like the new Rams helmets, the yellow horns are the way to go. An absolutely gorgeous helmet.

I just realized that this is the first time the Rams wore yellow horns at an away game in a while...

10 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I think those were created retroactively. As far as I know, they never used team acronyms during game telecasts until the first score bug was introduced in 1994 by FOX. I believe they just used "L.A." for both teams during that '94 season, but I'm not completely positive.

Here's an example of NBC not using acronyms for the Raiders or Bills in the 1990 AFC championship game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DsO7n52GcI

14 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

4 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I think those were created retroactively. As far as I know, they never used team acronyms during game telecasts until the first score bug was introduced in 1994 by FOX. I believe they just used "L.A." for both teams during that '94 season, but I'm not completely positive.

Rockstar Matt is correct. Tecmo Super Bowl had RAM and RAI as the abbreviations and that game came out in 1991.

tbscrteams.gif

bSLCtu2.png

These uniforms look beautiful in the California sun! Put white pants with the jerseys with a blue/yellow/blue stripe on them and that’s a perfect home uniform.

They could even use them as the first 2 home games each season to beat the heat, and then not have to wear white at home. Then have the blue jerseys for the last 6 home games

The Rams should have left navy blue face masks on their regular helmets. The white mask they've switched to blends in with the horns, bumper and chinstraps in a bad way. 2020 can't get here soon enough.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Rockstar Matt is correct. Tecmo Super Bowl had RAM and RAI as the abbreviations and that game came out in 1991.

tbscrteams.gif

Weird seeing GIA and JETS instead of NYG and NYJ respectively. Is that a relatively new thing or is this just a Tecmo Super Bowl quirk? 

Also, congrats to the Jets and Rams for being the only four letter teams. 

13 hours ago, Ark said:

Yellow pants please (pr blue pants with yellow jerseys)

I beg to differ.  The white pants look really clean with both the gold and blue jerseys.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

10 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Weird seeing GIA and JETS instead of NYG and NYJ respectively. Is that a relatively new thing or is this just a Tecmo Super Bowl quirk? 

Also, congrats to the Jets and Rams for being the only four letter teams. 

Tecmo Bowl quirk. Giants and Jets have usually been represented as NYG and NYJ.

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

I beg to differ.  The white pants look really clean with both the gold and blue jerseys.

Honestly, the Rams would look good with most combinations of royal/gold/white, so as long as the combinations aren't mono. I'd have:

Home: gold jersey/royal pants/gold socks - have alternate white pants

Road: white jersey/gold pants/royal socks

Alternate: royal jersey/gold pants/white socks - have alternate white pants and gold socks

NSFCvyu.png

Archived