Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Nothing to do with the radio guy but Ice_Cap's avatar is a good logo I think

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch the first Saints offensive play vs. the Chargers and you'll see how many Charger fans were there. The crowd's reaction as NO rookie Alvin Kamara raced 50 yards for a TD sounded like the Superdome. Or the Georgia Dome when they play the Falcons.  B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Just now, colortv said:

With the Chargers sticking to some sort of blue/yellow concept, what are everyone's thoughts on the Rams going away from both colors altogether?

Against it. The Rams have used some form of blue longer than the Chargers have been a franchise.

1 hour ago, colortv said:

With the Chargers sticking to some sort of blue/yellow concept, what are everyone's thoughts on the Rams going away from both colors altogether?

Seems really stupid to me considering that 70-80% of their fans are wearing blue/yellow throwback jerseys & hats at every home game. 

On 8/20/2017 at 5:50 PM, duxrcool048 said:

That would be the ideal set for me and lots of other Rams fans I think. I'd be in heaven!

2016Uniforms.jpg

Just take the previous set (2000?-2016) and swap navy for royal and gold for yellow, and you basically have an updated version of these..

5 hours ago, colortv said:

They shouldn't, and there's no reason to. Both the Kings and Ducks wear black, for example. But just because colors are the same doesn't mean the templates are. Even if the Rams and Chargers had the exact same shades of blue and yellow, they still would look different.

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The Rams should do absolutely nothing to accommodate the Chargers.

Is there actual evidence this is happening or is this concept total conjecture cooked up in this thread?

If the team follows through with blue/white primaries and a blue/yellow alternate, it would have less to do with the Chargers and more to do with good business sense.

On 8/20/2017 at 5:50 PM, duxrcool048 said:

That would be the ideal set for me and lots of other Rams fans I think. I'd be in heaven!

2016Uniforms.jpg

This. The horn on the sleeve was one of my favorite NFL uni elements ever and I was pleasantly surprised at how well they made it work with the modern template, though the Nike logo has never has a worse placement. Really takes away from the look IMO. 

ap_49ers_rams_football_77207214.jpg?w=10

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The Rams should do absolutely nothing to accommodate the Chargers.

I agree...but I fear they'll go the blue/white route because of the Chargers.  Then the Chargers will move and we'll miss out on the blue/yellow rams for nothing.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Is there actual evidence this is happening or is this concept total conjecture cooked up in this thread?

If the team follows through with blue/white primaries and a blue/yellow alternate, it would have less to do with the Chargers and more to do with good business sense.

I'd honestly be satisfied with that.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

3 hours ago, BlueSky said:

This. The horn on the sleeve was one of my favorite NFL uni elements ever and I was pleasantly surprised at how well they made it work with the modern template, though the Nike logo has never has a worse placement. Really takes away from the look IMO. 

ap_49ers_rams_football_77207214.jpg?w=10

That's the exact same location as the Russell/Wilson/Logo Athletic/Puma logos in the late 90s (and maybe the Reebok logo in the 2000s).  It's not a Nike thing.

the-st-louis-rams-went-from-4-12-under-t

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

25 minutes ago, Esco said:

Too much yellow and blue. Two teams in same stadium need separate color schemes. Y'all complain about the Nuggets and Grizzles being too familiar, yet their miles away from each other. 

Maybe I don't spend enough time in the NBA threads, but I have literally never heard anyone complain about this.

The Rams don't look good right now and it's the NFL's fault. They can't change their jerseys early due to like "brand and merchandise" reasons and I somewhat get that, but they are allowed to significantly alter their helmets and pants which has created this awful monster mash of competing elements, which I don't get at all. How the hell is that the better solution? Either let them change the entire look early and sell a million new jerseys or make them wait until 2019 to make any changes at all, pants and helmets included in that. It's so NFL to paint themselves into a corner because they made up some pointless half measure that satisfies nobody while also looking like s***. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I agree...but I fear they'll go the blue/white route because of the Chargers.  Then the Chargers will move and we'll miss out on the blue/yellow rams for nothing.

If they do, it won't be because of the Chargers. It'll be because they've been talking about how much they like that color scheme for the past several years, long before the notion of them sharing their stadium came up. 

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

That's the exact same location as the Russell/Wilson/Logo Athletic/Puma logos in the late 90s (and maybe the Reebok logo in the 2000s).  It's not a Nike thing.

the-st-louis-rams-went-from-4-12-under-t

You're right, any logo looks bad there. But being curved and pointy like the horn, the swoosh looks especially bad and is distracting, almost like it's an opposing horn.

Archived