Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And based on the robust response from the Southland on season-ticket deposits for the Raiders soon-to-be new home in Las Vegas, that doesn’t appear to be waning anytime soon.

“A good portion have come from Los Angeles and Southern California,” Davis said, “Without stepping on any toes, we’re going to market ourselves in Los Angeles area. And San Diego. We’re reaching out to Raider Nation in Southern California. It’s strong there.”

Gauntlet thrown indeed.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/19/fight-for-l-a-mark-davis-thinks-raiders-already-won/

32 minutes ago, Primzahl said:

How long before the Chargers relocate somewhere else? If so, where would they move.. San Antonio? Oakland? St. Louis? Mexico City? Back to San Diego??

Depends on profitability and whether Spanos continues to own them. They could probably make a fortune being the LA Clippers of the NFL.

Though, if any place deserved a crack at NFL it would be San Antonio OR somewhere around San Marcos to draw from both Austin and San Antonio as a "South Texas" team.

4 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

20988811_10155252752572713_3157542497921

The Chargers deserve this pathetic attendance.

I know it's just preseason, but the Rams or Raiders would sell out this tiny stadium for every single home game, preseason included. I can't wait until the Raiders play here. It's literally going to be nothing but Black and Silver in the stands.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

40 minutes ago, Primzahl said:

How long before the Chargers relocate somewhere else? If so, where would they move.. San Antonio? Oakland? St. Louis? Mexico City? Back to San Diego??

They should rebrand themselves as the United States Chargers of Northern and Southern California of Los Angeles and San Diego and Oakland in Carson who also trains in Costa Mesa in Orange County.

Then they can have all the bases covered in the California fanbase=maximum profit 

47 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The Chargers deserve this pathetic attendance.

I know it's just preseason, but the Rams or Raiders would sell out this tiny stadium for every single home game, preseason included. I can't wait until the Raiders play here. It's literally going to be nothing but Black and Silver in the stands.

Too bad that game won't be until Week 17. It's going to be hilarious seeing nothing but Raiders fans at Stubhub.

bSLCtu2.png

Even the Los Angeles Raiders would have been better than this. 

This race for Los Angeles sucked. The only good thing, and it was a great thing, to come out of it was no more Edward Jones Dome. The Chargers blew it, the Raiders blew it, and the Rams are wearing ugly uniforms and can't build a new stadium because it rained once.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My ideal Rams set is blue/blue/yellow/blue, blue/white/white/blue, with yellow stripes on the socks. The ideal football uniform is always helmet matching pants, jersey matching socks: an ABAB rhyme scheme, if you will. Of course, this doesn't work every single time, it can't, but you can play around with the formula. So on the road, you'd have helmet matching socks and jersey matching pants, or ABBA, which comes out quite aesthetically pleasing as well and also makes you want to sing "Dancing Queen." The Vikings always look their best doing this. But with yellow stripes on the socks to match (not literally) the horns on the helmet, you can get a similar thing going with the Rams and avoid a third team wearing white jerseys with yellow pants, which I tolerate from the Packers and would take away from the Steelers if I thought they could get away with a major uniform change.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

14 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I saw part of that Rams-Raiders game from far away on a small TV in a New Orleans restaurant and thought the Rams looked hideous. Maybe I just have the best vision in the world. Who could say, really? 

Also, saw this monstrosity on Twitter a while back, but failed to post it before I left for a week. I know it's a bit of a rehash of the Madden pic, but too bad, I'm posting it regardless. Besides, 102% of this thread is just us rehashing 1. GO BACK TO ROYAL AND YELLOW! 2. Blue and white is fine 3. This half-step is hideous/kind of okay.

im4lAum.jpg

I'm assuming the goal is to never actually wear this, but there you go. 

Interesting that this picture shows 2 navy facemasks, 1 grey facemask and 0 white facemasks.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

14 hours ago, colortv said:

I'm not a fan of the navy and white at all.

It's just way too plain for me.

Yet I like the Colts uniform oddly enough.

That's how I feel. Not really sure why.  But I'm really hoping for the blue and yellow when this goofy transition finally comes to a conclusion.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So who identifies as Charger fans.  From what I anecdotally gather, nobody from San Diego is with them and LA is still lukewarm on the NFL and the Rams (with more LA history and the first team to arrive) are the overwhelming team of choice. NFL fandom is odd in that it seems like there are fans of just about any team anywhere, but those Charger fans in Oklahoma aren't going to be going to games either way. 

So who's interested in going to these games, beside visiting fans?  A handful of LA residents backing the Chargers just to be different.  Residents of "in-between" places like Oceanside that don't really feel much still of the team leaving LA?  I guess the closest thing the Chargers have to an edge over the Rams is over 20 years of being the only team in SoCal but that does not seem to be helping them right now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

39 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

So who identifies as Charger fans.  From what I anecdotally gather, nobody from San Diego is with them and LA is still lukewarm on the NFL and the Rams (with more LA history and the first team to arrive) are the overwhelming team of choice. NFL fandom is odd in that it seems like there are fans of just about any team anywhere, but those Charger fans in Oklahoma aren't going to be going to games either way. 

So who's interested in going to these games, beside visiting fans?  A handful of LA residents backing the Chargers just to be different.  Residents of "in-between" places like Oceanside that don't really feel much still of the team leaving LA?  I guess the closest thing the Chargers have to an edge over the Rams is over 20 years of being the only team in SoCal but that does not seem to be helping them right now.

I dont think LA adopted the Chargers after the Rams and Raiders left. The chargers were kind of like the Texans in that 95% of their fans are from their home metroplex and their reach doesnt extend beyond that. The Chargers just gave their previous fanbase the middle-finger by moving out and LA suddenly has a 2nd team that no one in LA really asked for. The former Raiders fans arent going to switch to a intra-division rival as their team of choice. I can see the Chargers eventually working out in LA, but it will take years and winning for fans to grow attached to the team.

If in fact the Rams are listening to the fans, then royal-and-yellow will return full time when the new uniforms are unveiled. (I'd be fine with a blue-and-white alternate.) In the meantime, I might very well avoid watching any Ram games other than the throwback and color rush outings. The current primaries are just too painful to look at for an extended period.

Knock on wood but I think it's fairly certain they will switch to blue and yellow when the new stadium opens.                

If they were going to go the navy and white route it wouldn't make sense for them to start doing it now with these half baked uniforms.

Archived