Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, colortv said:

Show me one other place that's been mentioned.

Ok...here....

On 7/22/2019 at 4:56 PM, masterchaoss said:

So Kevin Demoff was on local radio didn't give a whole lot of new information but he confirmed that the Rams are dropping the Ram head for something new. It's kinda a shame if you ask me because it's really good logo that I thought would hold up for a long time. 

1 minute ago, colortv said:

If Demoff did mention something like that on a radio show there's a 99% chance it would be mentioned somewhere else, and it's not.

I suppose we could wait a year and see.

And then we'll know what the Rams' new uniforms will look like and all of this out of control speculation will end.

23 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Ok...here....

I suppose we could wait a year and see.

And then we'll know what the Rams' new uniforms will look like and all of this out of control speculation will end.

That's the quote in this thread that's been referenced, that's been the focal point of this whole exchange.

There's not one other place on the internet I can find it mentioned.

Not to say that logic doesn't dicate they should change the logo, but a random quote on any message board is not enough for me to make the assumption that is is factual.

3 minutes ago, colortv said:

but a random quote on any message board is not enough for me to make the assumption that is is factual.

Almost everyone here, both you and myself included, have been making baseless speculation under the assumption that it's factual since the Rams moved back. 

People insisting it'll be gold or blue jerseys, insisting on if it'll be white and blue or gold and blue. 

I get that speculation is part of what we do here but the prolonged :censored: tease the Rams have engaged in makes me realize how grating it is over an extended period. I frankly cannot wait for the new uniforms if only so EVERYONE will stop projecting their desires onto the Rams.

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Almost everyone here, both you and myself included, have been making baseless speculation under the assumption that it's factual since the Rams moved back. 

People insisting it'll be gold or blue jerseys, insisting on if it'll be white and blue or gold and blue. 

I get that speculation is part of what we do here but the prolonged :censored: tease the Rams have engaged in makes me realize how grating it is over an extended period. I frankly cannot wait for the new uniforms if only so EVERYONE will stop projecting their desires onto the Rams.

In General, baseless speculation, projections, and assumptions make for great Discussion until the teams give us News.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, colortv said:

That's the quote in this thread that's been referenced, that's been the focal point of this whole exchange.

There's not one other place on the internet I can find it mentioned.

Not to say that logic doesn't dicate they should change the logo, but a random quote on any message board is not enough for me to make the assumption that is is factual.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=27239980

Okay here's your proof man. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

On 8/31/2019 at 9:31 PM, colortv said:

If Demoff did mention something like that on a radio show there's a 99% chance it would be mentioned somewhere else, and it's not.

On 9/1/2019 at 12:57 AM, masterchaoss said:

Specifically it's around the 10:20 mark. One of the hosts asks Demoff about the stadium being shaped like the Rams logo. Demoff denies it and says the team is changing their logo for 2020 and that any resemblance between the new stadium and the current ram head logo is a coincidence.

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Specifically it's around the 10:20 mark. One of the hosts asks Demoff about the stadium being shaped like the Rams logo. Demoff denies it and says the team is changing their logo for 2020 and that any resemblance between the new stadium and the current ram head logo is a coincidence.

So we can't rule some type of ram head for the new logo, some were speculating they would go away from any ram head based on the earlier quote. Just making an observation, not saying the stadium roof will resemble any potential new head.

Chargers finally announced their uniform schedule and despite saying Powder Blue would be the primary home uniform are only wearing it 4 times.

The white dominates the schedule but thankfully they only wear the navy once:

https://www.chargers.com/schedule/uniform

12 minutes ago, colortv said:

Chargers finally announced their uniform schedule and despite saying Powder Blue would be the primary home uniform are only wearing it 4 times.

Oh, they'll never be anything but what they are, will they.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

52 minutes ago, colortv said:

So we can't rule some type of ram head for the new logo, some were speculating they would go away from any ram head based on the earlier quote. Just making an observation, not saying the stadium roof will resemble any potential new head.

The white dominates the schedule but thankfully they only wear the navy once:

https://www.chargers.com/schedule/uniform

It is the primary home jersey. 

4/8 (50%) powder

2/8 (25%) white

1/8 (12.5%) color rush

1/8 (12.5%) navy

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I thought part of the idea of wearing powder blue at home would be that they wouldn't have to play the stupid white-at-home-in-the-heat game. Powder blue's not exactly black.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, colortv said:

I'm not saying the primary will be a LA monogram, but I suspect one will be part of the logo package. LA monograms seem to be in right now.

That is one trend that I will never understand. No LA logo will ever, ever, EVER overtake this. 

spacer.png

Even the Angels, who have gone to great lengths to hide the fact that they actually play in Anaheim, haven't attempted an LA logo. 

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

*cough* is it an unpopular opinion that this is a better logo, because I’m tempted to believe it is *cough*

I mean, I like it. But it would still never be anything but the west coast's analogue to the Mets monogram. I think the Angels realize this and have decided to go in another direction.

Archived