Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

2 minutes ago, axiom20xx said:

from what I understand the rounded bolt will not be used anymore.

Wha...what are they going to do for the helmets? Air Force style bolt?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, axiom20xx said:

from what I understand the rounded bolt will not be used anymore.

Source?

Not to sound like I don’t trust you, it’s just.... well okay, that’s pretty much all it is. No offense 😁

16 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Source?

Not to sound like I don’t trust you, it’s just.... well okay, that’s pretty much all it is. No offense 😁

. . . and the fact that they have used the rounded bolt continuously since 1960.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

22 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

. . . and the fact that they have used the rounded bolt continuously since 1960.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well, we are talking about the Spanos family.  The only thing they haven't done is take the logos to midfield at set them on fire.  Remember, these are the same clowns who ditched the lightning bolt on the pants, only to put them back on when fans complained.  Doing away with the rounded bolt would be the last straw...but not surprising given their stupidity.

I've always liked the curved bolt on the helmet, but it's never been a strong primary logo. Using an updated version of the old shield logo sounds fine. Honestly though, I'm just happy for the return of powder blue. Are new uniforms in order along with the apparent logo change?

37 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I've always liked the curved bolt on the helmet, but it's never been a strong primary logo. Using an updated version of the old shield logo sounds fine. Honestly though, I'm just happy for the return of powder blue. Are new uniforms in order along with the apparent logo change?

it looks so terrible on merch

13200_3__67389.1395267943.JPG

8 minutes ago, poser said:

it looks so terrible on merch

13200_3__67389.1395267943.JPG

Ehh, I wouldn’t say it looks terrible, THIS is terrible. But there’s definitely a better alternative, specifically a slightly modernized version of the original shield logo

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 1:52 PM, hawk36 said:

I think making the shield the primary is a great idea but think they should very subtly update it as its design isn't as refined as it could be. Not a total (for sure not a Broncos style horse) as I wouldn't want to lose the old character, but maybe along the lines of what the Seahawks did?

Seattle-Seahawks-assetx800.pngsan_diego_chargers_1961-1973.png

I loathe the shield logo.  It defies logic to me to want to incorporate 2 big elements of your division rivals (sheild-Raiders and horse-Broncos).  Now all they need to do is add a drop-shadow so they mimic the Chiefs, too.  Just, no.  There has to be something different and more modern looking.

You've had the horse every bit as long as the Broncos and the shield even longer than the Raiders.  Why would you want to cede those?

That would be like saying "the Packers should ditch their logo because the rival Bears also use an elliptical letter on their helmets."

4 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

"The Chargers' traditional arched-bolt logo symbolizes the 'jolt' fans feel upon realizing that they support the most inept franchise in pro sports, as well as the frown that plays across their faces once they've done so."   

So, when is Nike hiring you for VP of Marketing?

da0Lbhs.png

47 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That would be pretty dumb.  Which I wouldn’t put past Davis,

Given that he isn't even half the owner his dad was towards the end of his life, that would definitely be something Mark Davis would consider doing.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

After watching highlights off the 49'ers-Rams game, I was amazed by how much I liked the Rams wearing white jerseys over navy pants.  The thick white pants stripe and the white horns on the helmet really pop.  I've been hoping the Rams switch to gold jerseys for their primary look when they move into their new stadium, but if they remove the ugly gold from their current jersey, the navy and white is a good look.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

27 minutes ago, Mitch B said:

After watching highlights off the 49'ers-Rams game, I was amazed by how much I liked the Rams wearing white jerseys over navy pants.  The thick white pants stripe and the white horns on the helmet really pop.  I've been hoping the Rams switch to gold jerseys for their primary look when they move into their new stadium, but if they remove the ugly gold from their current jersey, the navy and white is a good look.

The white-horned helmet and blue pants really do look great and work well together. Bring in a white and blue version of their classic home jersey, and that uniform is miles better than the road version of that set. I also love the connection to the Fearsome Foursome. The more I think about it, the more I hope they do blue and yellow at home and white and blue on the road, or at the very least, as an alternate look.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived