Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the old Helvetica Black Italic wordmark almost as much as the older Futura Display one that briefly made a comeback. Both are vastly superior to the old St. Louis script and the boring Neutrafacey one they seem to be using now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, it's really good. Reminds me of the Dallas Stars for obvious reasons. It's so hard to choose between that one and the classic, but I gotta go Futura Display by an eyelash. It looked fantastic in the endzones in royal blue and athletic gold:

odngwz-rams.jpg?w=535

And it has a very 1930s/'40s feel to it that could be construed as Golden Age of Hollywood if you reached. The Helvetica Black Italic is pure '80s to me.

• 2 months later...

It’s been a few months without any updates. Guess the Rams are keeping a REALLY tight lip on things. Knowing they’ll have new uniforms next season is the exact reason why I haven’t purchased any gear (including throwback gear) THIS season.

Just don’t mess up the update. K.I.S.S.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

8 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

It’s been a few months without any updates. Guess the Rams are keeping a REALLY tight lip on things. Knowing they’ll have new uniforms next season is the exact reason why I haven’t purchased any gear (including throwback gear) THIS season.

Just don’t mess up the update. K.I.S.S.

I also wonder if the Chargers are planning on doing a full-time powder blue rebrand (not renaming) to include new away uniforms with powder blue hues.

12 hours ago, OBomb said:

I also wonder if the Chargers are planning on doing a full-time powder blue rebrand (not renaming) to include new away uniforms with powder blue hues.

not sure but I have heard there will be a new bolt and the primary logo will be the original shield.

36 minutes ago, axiom20xx said:

not sure but I have heard there will be a new bolt and the primary logo will be the original shield.

I think making the shield the primary is a great idea but think they should very subtly update it as its design isn't as refined as it could be. Not a total (for sure not a Broncos style horse) as I wouldn't want to lose the old character, but maybe along the lines of what the Seahawks did?

Seattle-Seahawks-assetx800.pngsan_diego_chargers_1961-1973.png

I've always liked the idea of the horse and shield, but that old one looks pretty outdated.  It's begging for an update. The Chargers are like the Vikings, Eagles, and Bengals... they all have helmet logos/designs that make for poor and/or impossible primary logos.  Those other three teams have primary logos that aren't on the helmet (the Vikings' is currently no where on the uniform) and the Chargers need to do the same. Every time I see that curved bolt on a hat front or upper left chest of a jacket it looks so out of place. 

2 hours ago, axiom20xx said:

What's this now?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Man I still don't get why the Seahawks didn't do the bottom of the bird in neon green, it would look so good jumping off the helmets and such. That's too much grey!

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I've always liked the idea of the horse and shield, but that old one looks pretty outdated.  It's begging for an update.

I remember seeing this one during crowd shots of Jack Murphy Stadium, but I never saw it anywhere else.

16459631974.gif

2 hours ago, dont care said:

I hate that bottom logo. Makes the horse look like a cartoon. Just update the top logo wordmark, and fix the horses mouth and it’s perfect.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived