ESPN ranks the top 74 jerseys in NBA history

The top three is correct: red Bulls, green Celtics, gold Lakers. Everything else is kind of immaterial.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

They put 3 Heat sets in there except their current primaries, which look great and have 3 championships associated with them.. I can't fathom how they relegate the Heatles look to the dustbin of history when they're a top 5 franchise for the 20 years they've worn those and looked really good while playing in 5  Finals 

Just at a glance, the Bucks black, Warriors black, Cavs Knicks knockoffs, Raptors purple and Nuggets rainbow guts  are way overrated. Kind of funny they dont show any changes for the Spurs since the 80's. It seems like the criteria for this was really good teams+black+ turn of the century nostalgia. Bulls, Celtics, Lakers are the no brainer top 3 (although I would have Bulls no.1 and I prefer the Kobe Lakers uniform

07Giants.pngnyy.png

31. Cleveland Cavaliers (Blue CAVS)

Seasons worn: 1987-89

Notable players in this look: Mark Price, Brad Daugherty, Larry Nance, Ron Harper

For two seasons in the late 1980s, the Cleveland Cavaliers sported a royal blue road uniform with "CAVS" across the jersey's chest. Look closely, and you'll notice the "V" is a basketball dropping in a hoop. -- Dodson

spacer.png

cosmo kramer mind blown GIF

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think this is a top 10 jersey in the NBA right now (even with the font upgrade), let alone 27th all-time. But I guess if the team is good, they must have classic uniforms, right?

r694748_864x1296_2-3.jpg

On 5/10/2020 at 6:44 AM, Shumway said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think this is a top 10 jersey in the NBA right now (even with the font upgrade), let alone 27th all-time. But I guess if the team is good, they must have classic uniforms, right?

r694748_864x1296_2-3.jpg

Agree. In fact, that may be the ugliest jersey associated with a team with substantial success. It's a hockey-sized crest on a basketball jersey with an awful font.

The Warriors' last great look was the Mullin era and they really should have moved on from this. Had they not won all of those titles, they probably would have, revision notwithstanding.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Agree. In fact, that may be the ugliest jersey associated with a team with substantial success. It's a hockey-sized crest on a basketball jersey with an awful font.

The Warriors' last great look was the Mullin era and they really should have moved on from this. Had they not won all of those titles, they probably would have, revision notwithstanding.

Agreed 100% on the current look. And I agree that the Mullin era is the best, but I'm also admittedly a fan if the Jason Richardson era jerseys, too. I'm well aware I'm likely in the minority there.

On the contrary. The hockey-style crest is the Warriors to me. It's an essential part of the team's brand since arriving in the Bay Area. Granted, the Copperplate was an issue, but otherwise I really like them.

mediapose06_city.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 harrisonbarnes.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Breaking from the brand gave us a bland set (I don't get the love for the RUN-TMC uniforms, which just look so generic to me):

SprewellLatrell9293SCRc.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

...then "Basketball Sentai Warrioranger:"

245358_original.jpg?130431771120150924__THOMPSON-09252.jpg?w=620&f=1&nofb=1

I'll take the 2010's set anytime over those.

I think a screen-printed circle logo looks substantially better than a giant patch right in the middle of the shirt.

The update to the thunderbolt set (worn by Baron Davis and J-Rich above) was really nice, agreed. But also really dated and associated with lots of losing.

People, like me, like the collegiate-looking Run TMC set because 1. that's when we all learned the Warriors existed and 2. Run TMC is an all-time great basketball nickname.

The Warriors' jerseys are a real so-close-so-far for me. Going back to royal and gold, obviously the right move. But Copperplate was inexcusable as a font choice, and the then-not-completely-built Bay Bridge was not and will never be ~*iconic*~ enough to build a brand around. It has to be the Golden Gate as it originally was, even if the team is in Oakland. The circle should always be yellow, as Warriors logos with circles have been. Also, the side panels were never very well-designed, too much yellow touching white, too much white on blue, just never seemed to be thought out.

There's a lot not to like about the execution, but they had the right basic idea. Of course, that's never been a problem for, say, the Bulls, because what idea? They didn't need an idea.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

People, like me, like the collegiate-looking Run TMC set because 1. that's when we all learned the Warriors existed and 2. Run TMC is an all-time great basketball nickname.

I’d rather the team look like the ‘75 title team and not a club that never even made a conference championship. The “Rookie Latrell” set is just so bland to me. It’s not the team. A big circle on the chest is the Warriors. The execution could’ve been better (as Admiral said), but I adore the set they just retired. 

It’s a good nickname, RUN-TMC, but they have little to show for that run. 

Also, Tim Hardaway, just apologize for the homophobia comments. You’ll be on the Hall of Fame ballot the minute you apologize.

19 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

On the contrary. The hockey-style crest is the Warriors to me. It's an essential part of the team's brand since arriving in the Bay Area. Granted, the Copperplate was an issue, but otherwise I really like them.

mediapose06_city.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 harrisonbarnes.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

As someone who spent the last era of Warriors dominance hating that team, their return to blue and gold, even with copper plate, is easily their best look IMO.

The hockey style logo is unique to the NBA and simply works for them. None of their other looks seem distinctive or iconic, and their current set accomplishes that. It harkens to their most popular throwbacks but somehow improves upon them. Looking at "The City" jersey, you have a screen printed circle that bends and folds with the rest of the jersey. By using a patch, the circle holds its shape so it's always sharp and professional. I was fine with them before and I think the recent update went well and addresses everyone's horror at the font.

My main problem with the Dubs current identity is that they stray so much from their practically perfect home/road looks for gray and black alternates that have yet to not suck. 

On 5/10/2020 at 8:44 AM, Shumway said:

r694748_864x1296_2-3.jpg

I really like the way that the bridge is abstracted through the side panels and shorts, and the colors are great as well. Still, the team's success undoubtably pushed them higher up the list. 

spacer.png

Archived