New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

On 9/16/2021 at 8:09 AM, jonny24 said:

And I can't say I care how high or low their shorts or socks are. This isn't Catholic school where we need to cover up for modesty.

It's not about modesty, it's about uniformity. Sports uniforms work best when there is a consistent look for all players, IMO. And socks, while drawing a lot less attention than  pants, jerseys and helmets, are a very important part of the look of football. Or at least they were before so many teams inexplicably switched to wearing pyjama bottoms.    

• Like 2

4 hours ago, paulwoods13 said:

socks, while drawing a lot less attention than  pants, jerseys and helmets

I’d go as far as to say that bad looking socks draw attention more than pants, jerseys or, helmets. Those are all the same and, beside pants length, can’t really change.

Bad socks can :censored: up a whole uniform

• Like 2

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, DNAsports said:

And people really think the clip art boat logo is better 

Yes we do. ...but I've said my piece before. Like @clonewars2008mentioned, nostalgia plays a role.

So instead of going on about that (and potentially coming off as hostile, which is not my intention) I have to say: The striping on this version of the helmet is SO MUCH better. I wish they'd adopt this striping for the regular helmet,

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 9/21/2021 at 7:04 PM, paulwoods13 said:

It's not about modesty, it's about uniformity. Sports uniforms work best when there is a consistent look for all players, IMO. And socks, while drawing a lot less attention than  pants, jerseys and helmets, are a very important part of the look of football. Or at least they were before so many teams inexplicably switched to wearing pyjama bottoms.    

I guess I just think that wearing the same jersey and pants is enough uniformity to do the job. Nobody is goin to wonder if you're on the other team just from your socks falling down.

6 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Blue Bombers wearing helmet decal designed by an Anishinaabe artist in tonight's game.

Both the Bombers and Elks are going to wear orange jerseys for the warmup and they'll be auctioned off after.

Winnipeg’s blue and Washington’s purple look incredibly similar. Someone’s in the wrong here and I suspect it’s the Huskies. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

If you are just going to roll with a letter, I've always felt the letter should come from the city. Using just the letter of the nickname is weird to me. 

The Argonauts have always used an A and I always attributed it to that as them being the "Argonaut Rowing/Football Club" in their early history, so "Argonauts" was always more of a focus than "Toronto".

• Like 4

IEI5Tg1.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Maybe for next season’s thread, but I’m in line at the Stampeders locker room sale and a lady came outside and told the front of the line that the black jerseys might be a good buy because they aren’t coming back next year.

Fantastic!

15 hours ago, Jer15 said:

Fantastic!

I took it to specifically mean the black alternates and not the removal of "black" as a concept from all the uniforms. I also assumed they would just have different black alternates next year because the black alternate is a part of Stamps branding and lore.

There was also another person in the locker room at the same time as me talking with a Stamps employee of some kind and they were both lamenting the fact that they can't wear the black helmets anymore because of how cool they looked. I'm not one for public confrontation, especially for something as insignificant as that, but I almost said something above me giving them a quizzical look.

• Like 1

IEI5Tg1.png

3 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I took it to specifically mean the black alternates and not the removal of "black" as a concept from all the uniforms. I also assumed they would just have different black alternates next year because the black alternate is a part of Stamps branding and lore.

There was also another person in the locker room at the same time as me talking with a Stamps employee of some kind and they were both lamenting the fact that they can't wear the black helmets anymore because of how cool they looked. I'm not one for public confrontation, especially for something as insignificant as that, but I almost said something above me giving them a quizzical look.

Oh I see. Shoot. But thanks for clarifying. I thought you meant there would be no black alternates going forward. Too bad. 

you totally should have said something 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...