New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

22 hours ago, Jer15 said:

I want to like the new Cambridge blue pants…I just don’t. 
It just feels weird and I can’t explain why. 

The Cambridge blue pants & numbers clash with the helmet. The updated boat logo is mostly Oxford & white, so the lack of white numbers and/or pants is jarring. 

Maybe if they added a stripe to the helmet or used Cambridge blue facemasks that would make the set more cohesive.

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

The Cambridge blue pants & numbers clash with the helmet. The updated boat logo is mostly Oxford & white, so the lack of white numbers and/or pants is jarring. 

Maybe if they added a stripe to the helmet or used Cambridge blue facemasks that would make the set more cohesive.

Or maybe a stripe or two on the sleeves akin to the 2013 80’s throwback? 

zyyMk1d.png

On 8/22/2021 at 1:05 PM, G-tron said:

The light blue pants for the Argos makes the uniform much more tolerable. If they're gonna keep the bland blue jerseys, I hope this combination becomes the home default instead of monochrome blue uniform. I'm looking forward to seeing these paired with the white jerseys since that should be a good look. I think the Labour Day Classic would be a good time to try that out.

Cambridge blue pants with the white jersey would be a nice faux-back to the mid-1970sspacer.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, clonewars2008 said:

This is a very superior uniform match up for both Toronto and Hamilton. Lots of colour from both teams, No mono white or black uniforms, if only Hamilton had a black stripe or two on their pants but still. This is a look and a half.  

spacer.pngbest image I could find. 

• Like 5

zyyMk1d.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Calgary's black jerseys had big New Era logos on the sleeves. Maybe they switch to that next year? 

No, I don't think so, that's just a Stamps black jersey thing. The black jerseys have the horse logo on the back of the neck where the New Era logo usually is, a hold over from the Reebok days (when this version of the Stamps black jersey was unveiled, remember it was part of the Reebok "Signature Series" rollout in 2013 and 2014) when Reebok had its logo on the sleeves and the black jerseys still had the crossed guns logo on the shoulders.

When Adidas took over, they put the Adidas logo on the back of the neck of all CFL jerseys except for the Stamps black jerseys where the horse logo placement stayed the same and the Adidas logo went on the sleeves instead. The gun logo was covered during the 2016 season and then removed for 2017, still with Adidas, but the horse logo was kept on the neck leaving the shoulders blank. Then when New Era took over, all the logo placements stayed the same as they were with Adidas.

On 9/3/2021 at 11:02 AM, HailGoldPants said:

On 9/3/2021 at 12:16 PM, Chromatic said:

The barbed wire stripe is so unbelievably trashy, especially for a 75 year old club. It belongs on an arena football team named the Bulldawgs.

FWIW, I was at the game and the barbed wire was impossible to make out from the stands so it didn't really look all that trashy because you couldn't make out what it was. It just looked like a thin chrome line that reflected in the sun. If someone didn't know beforehand that it was barbed wire, they would have no idea.

(I don't know if that makes it better or worse that it wasn't able to be seen)

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

On 9/3/2021 at 1:02 PM, HailGoldPants said:

Mod Edited to embed the tweet. Paste the URL up to the question mark and it will embed automatically.

Why would they want the horsey to run into barbed wire?  Doesn't make sense.  That's why non-stationary logos shouldn't have stripes, or if they must, the stripes should be tapered in a way that doesn't form a cage around the thing.  

On 9/6/2021 at 1:58 PM, clonewars2008 said:

spacer.pngbest image I could find. 

So there's one guy in black with his jersey pulled up to his chest, another guy in black with a t-shirt down to his ass, and two guys in white doing both - jersey pulled up to chest exposing t-shirt down to ass.

And what is up with Williams' socks?  Looks like some dope in white doing the same thing on the right.  Why even bother?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

So there's one guy in black with his jersey pulled up to his chest, another guy in black with a t-shirt down to his ass, and two guys in white doing both - jersey pulled up to chest exposing t-shirt down to ass.

And what is up with Williams' socks?  Looks like some dope in white doing the same thing on the right.  Why even bother?

I'm not 100% certain, but this may have been pre-game, during warmups. I know there was some jawing between the two teams prior to kickoff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

Why would they want the horsey to run into barbed wire?  Doesn't make sense.  That's why non-stationary logos shouldn't have stripes, or if they must, the stripes should be tapered in a way that doesn't form a cage around the thing.  

It was the best photo I could find, but it was taken during warm ups, during the game you wouldn't see any of that. 

• Like 2

zyyMk1d.png

On 9/8/2021 at 3:41 PM, clonewars2008 said:

It was the best photo I could find, but it was taken during warm ups, during the game you wouldn't see any of that. 

Unfortunately that's not quite true. The CFL is now allowing players to do three things that to my eyes are ugly as hell:

1. Wear shorts instead of pants. Many players have their pants ending six inches or more above the knee. I could see allowing this for punters, but not for position players.

2. Expose bare leg between top of upper socks and bottom of pants. Looks high school.

3. Expose bare leg between shoes and bottom of upper sock -- bare ankles, essentially. Looks ugly as hell.

The league also turned a blind eye at least once to a player (Toronto Argos' Tristan Decoud) wearing white socks top to bottom in the same game all of his teammates were wearing blue upper socks.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, paulwoods13 said:

Unfortunately that's not quite true. The CFL is now allowing players to do three things that to my eyes are ugly as hell:

1. Wear shorts instead of pants. Many players have their pants ending six inches or more above the knee. I could see allowing this for punters, but not for position players.

2. Expose bare leg between top of upper socks and bottom of pants. Looks high school.

3. Expose bare leg between shoes and bottom of upper sock -- bare ankles, essentially. Looks ugly as hell.

The league also turned a blind eye at least once to a player (Toronto Argos' Tristan Decoud) wearing white socks top to bottom in the same game all of his teammates were wearing blue upper socks.

I mean sure, let’s just make you the fines guy in the CFL. 

• Like 1

zyyMk1d.png