New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I like it but the oversized logo was better

Unless they're also changing the pants and possibly numbers, the new helmet is gonna look out of place with the rest of the extremely minimalist uniform. They also need to start wearing white pants with the navy jersey

I think if the stripe was just red they wouldn't need to change anything, but I think pant stripes need to match it. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think if the stripe was just red they wouldn't need to change anything, but I think pant stripes need to match it. 

Yeah exactly. I'm not a fan of having no outline on names and pants, single outlines on numbers and double outlines on the helmet now? I think it's gonna a bit messy. The rebrand has really grown on me and I have learned to appreciate its simplicity, especially compared to the really, really busy 2000s look (especially near the end of its life when they started experimenting with white helmets and the weird gradient helmet) but the current one is starting to feel a bit disjointed now with the new helmet and possibility of a new red jersey

10 hours ago, WideRight said:

Not a fan of the striping or the thin outline logo.  A single red stripe (like NY Giants) and a solid m-bird logo would be a good minimalist version of this basic idea.  

I think you lose the M design and the alouette if you do that. Othewrwise some folks only see the M. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 minutes ago, heavybass said:

OOOOOOO that screams mid 90's WLAF

That was my first thought, too. But I also kind of see it as a take on how a hockey sweater might translate into a football uniform, which is sort of an interesting exercise on its own. (I realize it's probably been done a million times on our concepts board already.)

It's also another version of a football uniform that minimizes the use of numbers. I'm sure the numbers are prominent on the back, but in addition to being really small on the front, this design also does away with TV numbers.  

• Like 2

These aren't awful, but the monochrome blue isn't good. Gold pants would go a long way in improving the set.

As for the numbers being minimized, I believe most CFL jerseys are sold blank, so it makes sense to have a logo on the front otherwise it'd be a fairly plain jersey.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, heavybass said:

OOOOOOO that screams mid 90's WLAF

It screams college football circa 2011/2012. Large front logos were a trend that Adidas was trying to force back then.

spacer.png

spacer.png

This isn't even the first time the CFL's tried to hop on this short-lived fad, but now they look well and truly behind the times.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I agree with the sentiment that the Als helmet is going to stick out against the rest of the uniform.

I don't like those Winnipeg jersey at all.

On 12/18/2021 at 10:13 AM, monkeypower said:

Maybe for next season’s thread, but I’m in line at the Stampeders locker room sale and a lady came outside and told the front of the line that the black jerseys might be a good buy because they aren’t coming back next year.

I posted this back in December and I haven't heard anything since so I don't know if a change is/was expected. However, all their social media graphics for the last while have been pretty sans-black and the red/black home and the black alternate jerseys are 50% off and have been for a while,

It seems kind of pretty late in the game if a change were to happen with training camps starting in two weeks, especially considering the other changes for this upcoming season, but we'll see I guess.

IbjBaeE.png

I just looked at the BC Lions 2022 marketing campaign and I see that the Lions went cheap again on their helmets by removing the white-orange-white stripe.😒😠 For a team that was almost halfway there into getting their uniforms right, they took a big step backwards because their black helmets with the striping from the past 2 seasons was one of the few nice elements from their look. Those were the best Lions helmets since their 80's  white helmets with the brown-burnt orange-brown stripe.

Now, their stripeless black helmets will look terribly high-schoolish and boring.