College Football 2021

MJWalker45

I'm OK with the high number of bowl games. Yeah, it's a bit watered down from the days when making a bowl was a true accomplishment, but so what? I like that there's more than just "second place is the first loser" in college sports.

So what if Oregon State and Utah State were not particularly consequential teams? So what if this is the first I've heard of the LA Bowl. I'm OK with and exhibition and a little road trip to LA for the players. Who wins that game will be of little meaning to anyone, including those programs. And that's OK.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll pull my love for 40+ bowl games out of my cold dead hands. 

spacer.png

Also, can we all appreciate that Miami apologists will defend their 90 yard IPF field by saying there's another 30 yard field outside. ... Like other schools don't have at least one full size field outside their IPF. 

That school's a joke. I'm glad that now that they're realized they need to up funding, they've already hamstrung themselves a little bit in the facilities department.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

35 minutes ago, Geoff said:

You'll pull my love for 40+ bowl games out of my cold dead hands. 

spacer.png

Also, can we all appreciate that Miami apologists will defend their 90 yard IPF field by saying there's another 30 yard field outside. ... Like other schools don't have at least one full size field outside their IPF. 

That school's a joke. I'm glad that now that they're realized they need to up funding, they've already hamstrung themselves a little bit in the facilities department.

Aren’t most IPF’s not full fields? When ever are you going to need all 100 yards during practice. 

The majority of IPFs I've seen are 120 yard fields, even at the high school level.

If you're forced to move practice inside, you're going to want as much room as possible for your different position groups that are normally spread across two or three fields when outdoors.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

On 12/7/2021 at 1:06 PM, Red Comet said:

I’d still be for increasing the number of wins required for bowl eligibility to 7 or 8. The number of bowl games isn’t the issue so much as it is the number of mediocre matchups. That or increase the number of playoff teams to 8 or 12. 

I would be in favor of giving priority to 7+ win teams. If the playoff expands enough then bowls will stop mattering even more. The NIT doesn't really matter in basketball anymore for instance. I'm for that, by the way. Make college football more stupid by making it less terrible, please.

11 hours ago, DEAD! said:

If you going to have a playoff for the "best" teams and want to have as many bowl games as possible... we should have a game for the two WORST teams and have play each other in the "toilet bowl"

Determining the 2 worst teams in college will probably be harder to figure out than figuring out who the best 8-12 teams are.

On 12/8/2021 at 10:27 PM, GDAWG said:

Grambling is a joke and they deserve him. The players are even complaining that the university president has been undercutting football.

https://hbcusports.com/2021/12/09/grambling-football-team-expresses-lack-of-confidence-in-school-president-files-complaint-with-uls-board/

They may also consider Ray Lewis. Other than high school all star games has he done any actual coaching? 

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/gsu/2021/12/09/hue-jackson-grambling-state-football-coach-ray-lewis-kevin-sumlin/6425919001/

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Grambling is a joke and they deserve him. The players are even complaining that the university president has been undercutting football.

https://hbcusports.com/2021/12/09/grambling-football-team-expresses-lack-of-confidence-in-school-president-files-complaint-with-uls-board/

They may also consider Ray Lewis. Other than high school all star games has he done any actual coaching? 

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/gsu/2021/12/09/hue-jackson-grambling-state-football-coach-ray-lewis-kevin-sumlin/6425919001/

Did dion sanders? All he really needs to do is be able to recruit, give pregame and halftime speeches and motivate during practice. If he puts a staff around him who actually does the play calling and real coaching moves he would be fine.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Did dion sanders? All he really needs to do is be able to recruit, give pregame and halftime speeches and motivate during practice. If he puts a staff around him who actually does the play calling and real coaching moves he would be fine.

Seeing how he treated his staff in Cleveland, he better act 180 degrees from that or he's going to be looking for a new job pretty quick. He and Haley spent more time measuring themselves in front of the staff than getting ready to play football. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Seeing how he treated his staff in Cleveland, he better act 180 degrees from that or he's going to be looking for a new job pretty quick. He and Haley spent more time measuring themselves in front of the staff than getting ready to play football. 

I was talking about ray lewis, hue Jackson will be dead on arrival, not like grambling was going to be much better without him though.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

I was talking about ray lewis, hue Jackson will be dead on arrival, not like grambling was going to be much better without him though.

With Lewis, that's why I asked if he's done anything other than Under Armour games. Deion coached high school ball in Texas at a private school before going to Jackson State.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

With Lewis, that's why I asked if he's done anything other than Under Armour games. Deion coached high school ball in Texas at a private school before going to Jackson State.

But is coaching at a high school anything like college D1. Just the recruiting alone having Ray Lewis come into your kitchen and talk to your family is enough to turn a program around. And ray Lewis was watched by many of these kids when he played, none were alive even during the end of his career in Baltimore. They just remember the prime time segments on nfl network.

Don't think this happens, but...

Deion has a legit shot at the #1 recruit in the country.  Hunter's been a lock to FSU, saying he'd sign there even if they went 0-12. I read earlier he wants to be the next Deion at FSU but... this would be wild. 

Edit: Holy crap!

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived