College Football 2021

MJWalker45

2 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Oh hey you know what happens now....

"imagines millions finding the remote and turns off the TV"

Everyone is getting sick of Alabama making it to the Playoffs, every :censored:ING year.

Eh, I'm not. I like Saban, so I don't mind.  Plus, the longer this goes on, the better the meltdown when Saban's replacement loses two games is going to be. 

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sucks, but now the CFP committee has no choice but to put in both Alabama and Georgia. Alabama just won the SEC yet again and there's no way in hell that Georgia, the unanimous #1 team for the entire 2nd half of the season, gets knocked out because of a loss to Alabama.

This, along with Cincinnati winning their championship game, assures at least three of the four teams. If Michigan wins, they're the fourth team. If they lose... it might open the door for Notre Dame or even Baylor.

Simply put, the rankings would be like this...

-If Michigan Wins: Michigan, Alabama, Cincinnati, Georgia (They'll want to avoid a immediate rematch between Alabama and Georgia)

-If Michigan Loses: Alabama, Georgia, Cincinnati, Notre Dame or Baylor

2 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

If it were up to me, Georgia should not be remotely considered for the playoff.  Only the conference champions, and maybe the odd independent like Notre Dame should be considered. 

Why make a rule with an exception? Sounds like homerism.

It's where I sit.

26 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

This sucks, but now the CFP committee has no choice but to put in both Alabama and Georgia. Alabama just won the SEC yet again and there's no way in hell that Georgia, the unanimous #1 team for the entire 2nd half of the season, gets knocked out because of a loss to Alabama.

This, along with Cincinnati winning their championship game, assures at least three of the four teams. If Michigan wins, they're the fourth team. If they lose... it might open the door for Notre Dame or even Baylor.

Simply put, the rankings would be like this...

-If Michigan Wins: Michigan, Alabama, Cincinnati, Georgia (They'll want to avoid a immediate rematch between Alabama and Georgia)

-If Michigan Loses: Alabama, Georgia, Cincinnati, Notre Dame or Baylor

The problem is ND not having a CCG.  So even I, hater of all thing Georgia, can't come up with a legitimate argument why a ND team that was mediocre most of the season deserves to jump Georgia after not playing a CCG.  Really just hoping the committee jumps on the eff Brian Kelly bandwagon and gives Freeman a shot to lead them to an NC in his first two games.

That said, Georgia is so god damn lucky this season.  They played a pretty easy schedule with their best wins being over #20 Clemson at a neutral site, #22 Arkansas, and #23 Kentucky with the latter two being at home and they got those teams at the absolute best time.  They got Arkansas when they were #8 and 4-0, #11 Kentucky when they were 6-0, and #3 Clemson to start the season, so they got way more credit than they would have if they were Arkansas' fourth loss or Kentucky's third.  Now they're going to back their way into the CFP.  Eff Georgia.

And yes, the playoff should be Conference Champions only.  Join a conference, ND.

IUe6Hvh.png

Not having a conference championship game, plus the loss to Cincinnati will haunt Notre Dame. I think Cincinnati gets in over ND not on strength of schedule but on head to head and playing the extra game and winning it.

Signature intentionally left blank

1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

If it were up to me, Georgia should not be remotely considered for the playoff.  Only the conference champions, and maybe the odd independent like Notre Dame should be considered. 

But then you won't get the CFP committee's ultimate goal of having an all-SEC playoff.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The committee won't want to rematch Alabama and Georgia in the semi's, so that means Michigan and Cincinnati will get beat down in the first two games, and you can watch Alabama beat Georgia in the Championship game once again.

What?  You know it's coming.

The script is so obvious, it may as well be WWE.

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The committee won't want to rematch Alabama and Georgia in the semi's, so that means Michigan and Cincinnati will get beat down in the first two games, and you can watch Alabama beat Georgia in the Championship game once again.

What?  You know it's coming.

I was kind of thinking they would do the opposite. Have Georgia and Alabama matchup in the semis so as to prevent the rematch happening in the title game.

Actually, as long as this is the system (a committee of... hopefully... experts waiting until all the games have been played and picking the four best teams), this is going to go exactly the way it's supposed to.  I realize everybody is sick seeing them, and tired of the SEC in general, but if you won't admit that Alabama and Georgia are two of the top four teams in CFB, you're lying to yourself.

IF the playoff consists of only four teams, and IF the only true criteria is "who are the best four" than Georgia HAS to be in.  If you don't like it, than the playoffs need to expand.  As long as the pool is so tiny, you can't make a conference championship a prerequisite. Seriously, you'd put Baylor or Utah into a playoff of the four final teams?  No thanks. 

Expand to twelve.  5 conference champs, one best of the little guys, 6 at large.  Committee of smarty-pants seeds all 12 based on the current criteria, top 4 get byes.  Boom.

48 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Actually, as long as this is the system (a committee of... hopefully... experts waiting until all the games have been played and picking the four best teams), this is going to go exactly the way it's supposed to.  I realize everybody is sick seeing them, and tired of the SEC in general, but if you won't admit that Alabama and Georgia are two of the top four teams in CFB, you're lying to yourself.

That's the entire problem right there. Yes, sure they can wait until all the games are played--they can also wait until all the conference winners are determined as well--but the mere fact that teams are *subjectively* ranked well before the first ball is kicked off the tee completely undercuts any shred of objectivity.

(And plus, as long as money keeps changing hands the way that it is, this is what CFB D-1 FBS is stuck with, so heh, whatevs... 🤷‍♂️)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's time for my annual post on what I think would be the perfect playoff. (I think I've been doing this for about 12 years now. Maybe longer.)

8 teams.

Six highest ranked conference Champions and two at-large.

Conference Champs must be ranked in the top 15. If there are less than six in the top 15 then we add an at-large. If there more than six, we lose an at-large. And so on.

This year it would look like this.

Conference Champs - Alabama, Baylor, Michigan, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Utah (assuming their win over Oregon moves them into the top 15.)

At-large - Notre Dame, Georgia

No more "Power 5" or "Gang of six" or whatever the :censored: they call it. Win your conference,  be in the top 15 and you're in.

You could even keep the traditional bowl tie-ins when applicable. Rotate the NCG or bid it out like the Super Bowl or Final Four.

Done. Where's my large check from the NCAA?

BB52Big.jpg

I see it ending up with Alabama at #1, Michigan #2, Georgia #3, and Cincinnati #4. 

A Michigan Georgia game really intrigues me and call me crazy but I think Michigan could even win that game. 

Archived