EA Sports Announces Return Of College Football Video Game

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

All I'm asking for is the return of Teambuilder, or some comparable creation suite, so that I can create FCS teams and play as the Alliance of American Football!

Image result for nba 2k team builder

Something like this that allows you to upload uniforms and design your field on the computer, then download it in the game is the best way to set up team builder teams. Since they don't have to deal with how stodgy the NFL is over logos, at least they previously haven't had to. It would be a better setup than the old EA teambuilders. 

Image result for ea team builder

Adding all of the numbers fonts used by NCAA teams, and all of the striping patterns each manufacturer uses, would make for a better teambuilder as well. having at least 20-30 wordmark fonts would help too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Teambuilder was decent in the last iteration, but it was far from optimized. Here is how you make it better:

• Better font selection. They aren't going to be able to put every font an NCAA team uses in teambuilder, but they can put more than three in. Give us a couple block fonts, a couple rounded fonts, maybe an italized font. Enough so that if you wanted to remake a few teams, you aren't reusing the same thing over and over again.
  • Instead of having a bunch of jersey designs (most of which are crap), break down the parts even further. Here are the different sleeve designs, here are the different shoulder designs, here are the side panel designs. That way one can mix and match elements without having to make a million different total jersey designs.
  • Add spots for conference logos (or manufacturers logo).
  • Add some flexibility to the helmets. Things like different textures or different logo sizes. Put in a simple wing helmet design or a tiger stripe design.

Do I want the full creation suite that NBA 2K has? Absolutely. Can they make a good teambuilder without doing that? Yeah, they totally can.

10 minutes ago, Ben5 said:

Teambuilder was decent in the last iteration, but it was far from optimized. Here is how you make it better:

• Better font selection. They aren't going to be able to put every font an NCAA team uses in teambuilder, but they can put more than three in. Give us a couple block fonts, a couple rounded fonts, maybe an italized font. Enough so that if you wanted to remake a few teams, you aren't reusing the same thing over and over again.
  • Instead of having a bunch of jersey designs (most of which are crap), break down the parts even further. Here are the different sleeve designs, here are the different shoulder designs, here are the side panel designs. That way one can mix and match elements without having to make a million different total jersey designs.
  • Add some flexibility to the helmets. Put in a simple wing helmet design

Do I want the full creation suite that NBA 2K has? Absolutely. Can they make a good teambuilder without doing that? Yeah, they totally can.

I believe the Michigan wing was available in the last iteration. I'm fine with leaving conference logos off uniforms because they had a way to do that with the field. One problem they did have for teams that would require mirrored logos. Even if they were the same size when you added them in two different areas of upload, they could be different sizes on the helmets. As far as jersey designers I'd like the option of choosing a Nike Mach Speed, Vapor or Under Armour style design when picking my uniforms, complete with proper branding instead of possibly wasting an upload spot for a logo that won't translate well on all the team gear. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

31 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I believe the Michigan wing was available in the last iteration. I'm fine with leaving conference logos off uniforms because they had a way to do that with the field. One problem they did have for teams that would require mirrored logos. Even if they were the same size when you added them in two different areas of upload, they could be different sizes on the helmets. As far as jersey designers I'd like the option of choosing a Nike Mach Speed, Vapor or Under Armour style design when picking my uniforms, complete with proper branding instead of possibly wasting an upload spot for a logo that won't translate well on all the team gear. 

Yeah, they had a wing and a ram horn. But in addition to those, give us an Oregon type wing. And an Eagles type wing. If we can't upload logos everywhere, then give us options to get close to existing designs that are notable and fun.

I get that some people like having the different templates from different companies. Not my thing, but I wouldn't be upset if they put it in.

EA's going to :censored: it up. The last 4-5 NCAA games were complete garbage.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

24 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Hoping for a soundtrack similar to NCAA Football 2006 instead of the Madden games.

Every time I bought NCAA and Madden, first thing I'd do is mute the soundtracks. Bands and rap music, no thank you. Just turn on the radio.

Actually, back in the Gamecube era, I had a set up with my sound system, TV, DVD player, and Gamecube that pretty much allowed me to play the game, but pump in the audio from my DVD player. Meaning that while I was leading the Seahawks to the Super Bowl, I was listening to the audio from episodes of Star Trek Deep Space Nine. 

Yeah... I was weird. 

22 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Hoping for a soundtrack similar to NCAA Football 2006 instead of the Madden games.

That was a great soundtrack, but I much prefer the menu to just cycle fight songs like the game once did. It's the reason I often find myself humming along with random fight songs when I can hear them on TV or even when I'm on the sideline at one of Ohio State's road games.

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

That was a great soundtrack, but I much prefer the menu to just cycle fight songs like the game once did. It's the reason I often find myself humming along with random fight songs when I can hear them on TV or even when I'm on the sideline at one of Ohio State's road games.

It's also harder now to license some of those songs. Just looking at some of the selections for Madden, I think college fight songs work better. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Ben5 said:

• Add some flexibility to the helmets. Things like different textures or different logo sizes. Put in a simple wing helmet design or a tiger stripe design.

I also want to throw in the placement of team or conference logos on the uniforms. Instead of being in certain spots.

I also would love to have more options in stadiums choices or maybe build your own stadium like in MVP Baseball 06 and 07 (when it used to be College Series) and even in older Madden when creating an team. The idea of making my own college stadium or at least having more customization in prebuilt stadiums would be great. 

Also something i thought, Instead of TeamBuilder creation tool being on PC, why not have it also in the console as well. Or something similar to update roster and make a few fixes. It would require some extra work but maybe in future games?

I'm very happy that EA is doing this but I want TeamBuilder back so bad. I loved and enjoyed making my own teams and having them compete over and over again in CPU vs CPU matchups. I hope they release TeamBuilder first before the game comes out so I can create my new school idea. UVHR Breakers and Tyler University Dons coming to life in TeamBuilder would be a dream come true for me.

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

25 minutes ago, Matthew24 said:

I also want to throw in the placement of team or conference logos on the uniforms. Instead of being in certain spots.

I also would love to have more options in stadiums choices or maybe build your own stadium like in MVP Baseball 06 and 07 (when it used to be College Series) and even in older Madden when creating an team. The idea of making my own college stadium or at least having more customization in prebuilt stadiums would be great. 

Also something i thought, Instead of TeamBuilder creation tool being on PC, why not have it also in the console as well. Or something similar to update roster and make a few fixes. It would require some extra work but maybe in future games?

I'm very happy that EA is doing this but I want TeamBuilder back so bad. I loved and enjoyed making my own teams and having them compete over and over again in CPU vs CPU matchups. I hope they release TeamBuilder first before the game comes out so I can create my new school idea. UVHR Breakers and Tyler University Dons coming to life in TeamBuilder would be a dream come true for me.

Anytime I try to create a team on a console, it's been rather difficult. Teambuilder was much easier and faster in terms or creating a team. Just gave more freedom with the point and click than any control can. 

2 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Anytime I try to create a team on a console, it's been rather difficult. Teambuilder was much easier and faster in terms or creating a team. Just gave more freedom with the point and click than any control can. 

Well I mean for quick edits on roster and maybe a change here and there. Majority of edits and creations will be done on PC with TeamBuilder website.

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

Speaking from my gamer perspective...ea will give a bare bones game. They will print money just by making it. They will probably have a weak team building like madden relocating features. They will probably have an ultimate team you get cards highlighted with micro transactions. Also, for my personal enjoyment, I need real players so I need roster sharing and editing. Not sure if they’ll mess with that...at least right away the first few years.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived