EA Sports Announces Return Of College Football Video Game

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Amazing his name is on a stadium. And when I say amazing, I mean shocking and sad.

He paid for it, so it's why it's on there. I know some have asked how they can change that. Tom Benson has at least two stadiums with his name on it. One of which he fully paid for. 

3 hours ago, hormone said:

Speaking from my gamer perspective...ea will give a bare bones game. They will print money just by making it. They will probably have a weak team building like madden relocating features. They will probably have an ultimate team you get cards highlighted with micro transactions. Also, for my personal enjoyment, I need real players so I need roster sharing and editing. Not sure if they’ll mess with that...at least right away the first few years.

I think they're counting on NIL so they can pay a flat fee to the players and have their info in from day one. Roster sharing will most likely still be available if they can't get that done for every team.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just keep thinking it’ll be ultimate team heavy since they have all the current player licenses and a lot of legends so you’ll get LSU burrow, FSU Deion, etc..for a lot of grinding...or their favorite...coins for real $. I mean, I hope I’m wrong, but look how they treat franchise vs mut. 

KISSwall09.jpg

My wishlist:

Take their time. Get it for 2022. Do it right.

Get the college licensing. Don't have any generic teams.

Teambuilder, (with also the ability to add alternate uniform options to teams). And for this, get a group of freelance creatives and let them design a bunch of logos themselves. Take the 100 most common high school team names, and give each one 5 to make. The problem with the past EA logos are they all look like they came from the same designer. NHL does a great job with customization options, we know EA has 1) the core code done, 2) the ability to be creative.

Stadiums need to be right. They do. I'm pretty sure dynasty mode is the most played, and it's pointless to not have team's actual stadiums.

Create abilities to experiment with playoff and bowl tie-ins. 

Re-make the road to glory mode, with the full "start in high school" storyline. I don't need a bunch of cutscenes, but a generic commitment video for when you pick your school would be cool.

Dynasty has to have the "coaching carousel" 

It has to be different than madden. If they make the same game but with college teams, it will be a disaster. NCAA 14 is a great game. We will rejoice the more that that game is copied.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 2/3/2021 at 2:11 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Just doing a quick glace through Wikipedia, here's what teams and stadiums (not counting uniform changes) need updated. Some may be so miniscule that you wouldn't even notice. 

New teams

Appalachian State

Georgia Southern

Old Dominion

Charlotte

Coastal Carolina

Liberty

New Stadium/Renovation

Baylor (McClane Stadium)

Houston (TDECU Stadium)

Tulane (Yulman Stadium)

App State (Kidd Brewer Stadium)

Georgia Southern (Paulson Stadium)

Old Dominion (Foreman Field)

Texas A&M (renovation)

Purdue (renovation)

Ohio State (renovation)

LSU (renovation)

Mississippi State (renovation)

Louisiana-Lafayette (renovation)

Rose Bowl (renovation)

Charlotte (Jerry Richardson Stadium)

Kentucky (renovation)

UCF (renovation)

Auburn (renovation)

Duke (renovation)

Kansas State (renovation)

Cincinnati (renovation

Mississippi (renovation)

Miami (renovation-already in Madden)

Utah State (renovation)

Oklahoma (renovation)

Florida State (renovation)

Arizona State (renovation)

West Virginia (renovation)

Louisville (renovation)

Colorado State (Sonny Lubick Field at Colorado State Stadium)

Georgia State (Center Parc Stadium)

Coastal Carolina (Brooks Stadium)

Louisiana Tech (renovation)

Notre Dame (renovation)

Arkansas (renovation)

Georgia (renovation)

Indiana (renovation)

Iowa (renovation)

Liberty (Williams Stadium)

Louisville (Renovation)

Syracuse (renovation-roof composition)

South Alabama (Hancock-Whitney Stadium)

UNLV (Allegiant Stadium)

PAC-12 Championship (Allegiant Stadium)* Starting 2021

UAB (Protective Stadium)*Expected to open in 2021

Madden 21 Pc Mods

College Football Mod 20 (@CFBMXX) | TwitterCollege Football D105 Mod - Houston vs UTEP - 4/17/20 - YouTube

Some of the uniforms have already been created by D-105 modders as well. 105 is the max amount of team Madden 20 can hold. 

I’m certain I didn’t imagine all those national championships I won at ODU on ‘14...

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

So a 2022 game may not have them in it,

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

4 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

I know Centenary College, which has since dropped down to D3, opted out of the hoops games and were replaced by the fictional UL-Calcutta.

Are they gonna replace ND with a generic brand like FIFA and PES do with teams that they don't have rights to, or will they go totally without?

If it is the former and they are just called Shamrock State or whatever I'm sure most won't care (actually probably so for the latter too)

59 minutes ago, Lana_del_Bae said:

Are they gonna replace ND with a generic brand like FIFA and PES do with teams that they don't have rights to, or will they go totally without?

If it is the former and they are just called Shamrock State or whatever I'm sure most won't care (actually probably so for the latter too)

I doubt it. Either ND decided to join in before the game releases, or just be replaced by another school. I really could care less. I want teambuilder to be announced. Hopefully it wont become a joke.

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

2 hours ago, Lana_del_Bae said:

Or they can call them South Bend like they did before they got the CFA license.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Notre Dame name might have to be a little different due to some of the revision the Maximum Football game went through with their generic college teams.

To be honest, Notre Dame is just giving us a realistic football game. Now in the game they can win zero College Football playoff games, just like real life.

• 2 months later...

Somewhat related in the past month EA announced they're bringing back the PGA Tour series with all four majors on board. I went back to playing Tiger Woods 14 during Masters weekend and man that game was fun. If they can keep that mix of simulation and arcade with a good selection of courses to complement the licenses I'll really be looking forward to that

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I knew that would happen. I honestly only bought two of their games. From what I played, it needed more time. 

I wasnt a fan of them but respected what they were doing. Sad seeing them closing, but it was bound to happen... 

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

7 minutes ago, Matthew24 said:

I knew that would happen. I honestly only bought two if their games. From what I played, it needed more time. 

I wasnt a fan of them but respected what they were doing. Sad seeing them closing, but it was bound to happen... 

It's a shame because if they had more funding, they could have done great work with the Unity engine. Unfortunately the guys that EA grabbed from College Football Revamped will need to adjust to the Frostbite engine, which utilizes preset animations more than the Infinity engine did.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived