College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The striping inconsistency, especially between the white jersey and white pants, really bugs the hell out of me. Both sets of pants should have the northwestern stripes, but especially the white pants to match the white jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

45 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The striping inconsistency, especially between the white jersey and white pants, really bugs the hell out of me. Both sets of pants should have the northwestern stripes, but especially the white pants to match the white jerseys.

Are you referring to Mizzou? Where are you seeing the white pants? The video only showed gold.

6 minutes ago, McCall said:

Are you referring to Mizzou? Where are you seeing the white pants? The video only showed gold.

There were pictures earlier of white pants with black/gold/black stripes. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, McCall said:

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Can you find them? The only ones I saw with those were from 2 years ago for the Wyoming game (and used frequently thereafter).

Mizzou Football Uniforms - Week 1 at Wyoming - University of Missouri  Athletics

They’re the same white pants, but now the stripes don’t match the new white jerseys:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

The pants kinda match the helmet stripe. I wish it was northwestern though

It's actually how they used to be (pictures circa 1970):

Offseason topic - Uniforms and branding | SECRant.comMizzou Qb #15 Phil Bradley played many years in MLB. I saw him with the  Mariners , I was Stationed @ McChord A.… | Mizzou football, Vintage  football, Tiger football

Granted, they only wore gold pants back then and they're not the same as the new ones, but it is a striping combination they wore. Not to mention it's the same thing Auburn does.

Auburn football news: RB Damari Alston commits during Big Cat Weekend

4 hours ago, McCall said:

It's actually how they used to be (pictures circa 1970):

Offseason topic - Uniforms and branding | SECRant.comMizzou Qb #15 Phil Bradley played many years in MLB. I saw him with the  Mariners , I was Stationed @ McChord A.… | Mizzou football, Vintage  football, Tiger football

Oh so we just gon' ignore how even back then them sleeve stripes didn't go all the way around-on whatever template of jerseys those were?

Nah? Nothin'? Aiight, that's cool...thaaaat's cool.

😃

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 8/4/2021 at 9:11 PM, SFGiants58 said:

It's like when University of Washington tried to experiment with purple helmets before restoring the classic ones. Heck, Rick Neuheisel held up a classic helmet in his introductory press conference to the delight of fans and to signal a return to form for the program.

neuheisel_index.jpg

Arizona's white helmets with the red/white/navy stripe are true classics and should never have been removed from the set.

It  bugs the heck out of me when schools screw with what I would consider an iconic helmet. Washington, Colorado,  and Nebraska using black/purple/silver helmets immediately come to mind. Some things just shouldn't me messed with. To the original point, the new Arizona unis brought a small tear to my eye. Absolutely love they are going back to that look. 

On 8/7/2021 at 4:42 PM, frosty06306 said:

It is actually a thing fwiw, https://www.ncsu.edu/spaces/brickyard/, the campus is covered with them - doesn't mean we should be using them on helmets though. I have hoped for a slobbering wolf helmet for a long time and I wish it was executed better, that logo doesn't really pop on red.

My understanding is that the use of brick is somehow tied to an endowment made to the school many years ago. They were bequeathed tons of bricks and have to use them. Buildings, walkways, etc...

For Mizzou, I don't hate it.  I do think the dual stripe look on pants / helmet stripes was decent and unique:

gold-game-maty-mauk-ncaa-football-missou

They could've done the same pattern on the shoulder area and had something a bit more unique without being overly gimmicky (lose the tiger stripe pattern within the stripes) IMO.

Stripes are fine, but would it have killed them to go "gold on black on white"  everywhere?   They've even gotten the white helmet right in the past (sans diamonds):

Tyler Badie - Football - University of Missouri Athletics

Assuming they'll eventually go black / white / yellow they'll have different striping on each element.  le sigh.

And why is it so damn hard to get the stripe widths the same everywhere?

On 8/11/2021 at 9:49 AM, H11K said:

Thankfully it seems that teams have realized the new and modern uniforms don't win games. Outside of Oregon the top football schools in college have mostly traditional uniforms with maybe 1 alternate for special occasions. Just need everyone to hop back on the traditional uniforms styles now.

If a casual fan can turn on a game and not immediately know who's playing based on the uniforms, it's a bad uniform for that school. I am only speaking for non-top tier teams. These smaller schools go so crazy with the alts that they have no identity.

14 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

For Mizzou, I don't hate it.  I do think the dual stripe look on pants / helmet stripes was decent and unique:

gold-game-maty-mauk-ncaa-football-missou

They could've done the same pattern on the shoulder area and had something a bit more unique without being overly gimmicky (lose the tiger stripe pattern within the stripes) IMO.

Stripes are fine, but would it have killed them to go "gold on black on white"  everywhere?   They've even gotten the white helmet right in the past (sans diamonds):

Tyler Badie - Football - University of Missouri Athletics

Assuming they'll eventually go black / white / yellow they'll have different striping on each element.  le sigh.

And why is it so damn hard to get the stripe widths the same everywhere?

How are these stripes "right" and the ones unveiled "not right" (meaning the Northwestern stripes, not the obvious difference between white pants stripes and Northwestern stripes)? Keeping the same stripes and changing the colors based on the background color is common. The most common use, actually. The stripes staying the same is also a choice, Florida for example, but not the "correct" way with the other being "wrong".

And the pointy stripes were played out. Going back to traditional was definitely a great choice. And the logos on the helmets are decals (as are the stripes themselves), so I wouldn't be surprised to the block M or the "sailor tiger" make appearance during the season.

17 hours ago, McCall said:

How are these stripes "right" and the ones unveiled "not right" (meaning the Northwestern stripes, not the obvious difference between white pants stripes and Northwestern stripes)? Keeping the same stripes and changing the colors based on the background color is common. The most common use, actually. The stripes staying the same is also a choice, Florida for example, but not the "correct" way with the other being "wrong".

If you're saying the white pants should go to the 5-stripe pattern, I agree.  Personally I prefer the Florida approach.  But they're not following EITHER rule- mixing a 3-stripe pattern with non-matching 5-stripe patterns looks rough.  As it is, they're making the same mistake the Chiefs make, IMO.  Assuming they'll use gold helmets and jerseys eventually, here are three instances where I think the real thing will look less than optimal:

ZPywbyk.png

P.S. in that reveal video do the players have striped socks?!

Archived