College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McCall said:

Yeah, but college players rarely wear high socks.

Truth...was just hoping against hope that maybe this trend will change too.  (Why would Nike even bother to design the socks if the teams don't make players wear them?)

Thinking more about my alma mater, I was trying to think how they could unify the pattern (and maybe make it more unique than a typical Northwestern pattern).  Since 6 columns have a historical meaning to the university, I wonder if they could've done something with 6 rather than 5 stripes:

a4MAh8P.png

Are there examples out there of the last two styles?

The Navy Midshipmen have unveiled special uniforms for their upcoming game this season vs Air Force Falcons. The look is inspired by the “Dress Blue A” uniform with white gloves, black cleats, red trim, and royal blue pants.

Special design elements are highlighted on the helmet, shoulders, and pants with the eagle, globe and anchor represented throughout. The front bumper of the helmet highlights the distinctive Marine Corps battle cry of “OORAH”, while the Marine Corps motto SEMPER FIDELIS, commonly abbreviated as SEMPER FI, is on the back of the helmet. The quatrefoil that dons the top of the Marine Officer barracks cover is displayed on the top of the helmet.

The pants have the famously known “blood stripe” running down each side, this element first appeared on dress blue trousers in 1798. It was rumored to represent the bloodshed of Marine during the battle of Chapultepec in 1846 but is more modernly known to honor all fallen and injured Marines. The actual uniform worn by a Marine is the only uniform within the U.S. Military designated to include this red, white, and blue color scheme.

We will get our first look at the uniform in their game against Air Force on September 11, 2021, which is the 20th anniversary of 9/11.

https://www.sportsaesthetics.net/2021/08/navy-midshipmen-911-special-uniform.html

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As someone that keeps up with HBCU football, Southern has been looking bad ever since they replaced royal blue with powder blue. Three light colors (powder blue, yellow and white) on a uniform is a bad look. Not a fan of either of those new uniforms.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Three light colors (powder blue, yellow and white) on a uniform is a bad look.

I'm a fan BECAUSE of that.  I love it.  Same with Long Island University.  Not every team needs a dark color.

And this isn't Rams yellow, it's gold.  It's not very bright.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

As someone that keeps up with HBCU football, Southern has been looking bad ever since they replaced royal blue with powder blue. Three light colors (powder blue, yellow and white) on a uniform is a bad look. Not a fan of either of those new uniforms.

I like their color scheme, they just need better cohesion in terms of design & color balance.

15 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I'm right there with you. It's not necessarily the colors themselves, it's just the way they use them: dang near no contrast whatsoever,  which renders them dang near illegible.

Southern should really study the LA Chargers and learn from how they use a similar colorway to great effect. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

19 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Not every team needs a dark color.

That's debatable. Especially when there's been little contrast between the colors of Southern's previous uniforms.  If I can only make out jersey numbers in close up shots, it's a problem. Not saying they need to go to the other end of the spectrum and switch to navy blue, but when you're dead set on having yellow and white in your uniforms you maybe powder blue isn't the best option to go with it.

Besides Southern wore royal blue for a long time before the recent switch to powder blue.

8 hours ago, tBBP said:

Southern should really study the LA Chargers and learn from how they use a similar colorway to great effect.

This. There's better ways to pull that color combo off. Southern didn't do that.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 8/17/2021 at 1:42 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

New uniforms for Southern.  I loved the old square font, but the grey is cool.

spacer.png

236557730_4368326919886916_4217021328631

On 8/17/2021 at 2:39 PM, MNtwins3 said:

I like the grey, but dios mio those yellow jerseys are atrocious

Weird... I'm the exact opposite. I think that gray monochrome mess is utter garbage, but the white/gold/white is damn sharp.

But I'm always a sucker for gold jerseys, especially over white pants.

Oh by the way, peeps...those Southern uniforms aren't exactly new; they had them last (half) season,  as well. Here they are vs UAPB earlier this calendar year:

IMG_3B28EB3CE229_1.jpeg

60442b7d89f97.image.jpg?crop=1620,911,0,

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I doubt there will be any changes to the uniform, but Texas A&M has changed the state outline logo to the "primary logo" so this will be what media outlets and apps are supposed to use now. The previous was the aTm logo in a maroon box to prevent the white letters of the logo being used on a white background for apps.

8049c122-1cd3-4436-9cb9-0ba0a5f79fbb.png?asset_id=3ff9990a-fa6f-481e-ba1e-867ccc1eee82&img_etag=%22323b59d94d25aabb7e1d5092d231ec3c%22&size=2560

24 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I doubt there will be any changes to the uniform, but Texas A&M has changed the state outline logo to the "primary logo" so this will be what media outlets and apps are supposed to use now. The previous was the aTm logo in a maroon box to prevent the white letters of the logo being used on a white background for apps.

8049c122-1cd3-4436-9cb9-0ba0a5f79fbb.png?asset_id=3ff9990a-fa6f-481e-ba1e-867ccc1eee82&img_etag=%22323b59d94d25aabb7e1d5092d231ec3c%22&size=2560

So is someone compensating for big brother moving into their house? Hahahahahaha!!!!! Actually, I'm starting to think there's a rule in the Texas statehouse that every college team must have a logo that includes the state of Texas in it. Even teams whose logos don't work well with it, do it here. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived