College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, GFB said:

They did. It's a consistent color pattern of red on the top, white in the middle, and blue on the bottom. The blue stripe simply "fades" into the blue jersey on the home uniforms and looks like a two-stripe pattern.

Yeah, I see that now, I was originally looking on my phone and the image quality wasn't very good. Nevertheless, I think pants & jersey striping more akin to those on the blue set below (minus the inexplicable fragmented fade out) would look better. 

spacer.png

If they keep it consistent across all colors them I'm fine with it. What irritates me to no end is when the striping doesn't match up across different colors.  For example, putting aside the fact that Georgia's red pants were a throwback, if UGA is going to wear black or red britches they need to look like this:

spacer.png

and not this:

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Ry said:

Utah's new FieldTurf

Is Utah quietly axing the typical “U” logo similar to the one of the Washington “formerly known as”?

Also, I’m giving Charlotte an 8/10 on this. I like the “gold” jersey, but it needs sleeve numbers. Not the “CLT” lettering. Those gold chrome helmets should’ve never seen the light of day. Furthermore, why is this photo being taken inside of an office building/skyscraper? Shouldn’t it be on a football field or at least the campus?
spacer.png

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So, at this point, does the photographer just say "do the new uniform pose" and every college football player in the country jumps right into this?

Sometimes I wish players would just stand there like this🧍‍♂️because at least then they’d look less ridiculous and you’d actually be able to fully comprehend all the elements of the uniform correctly.

14 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Is Utah quietly axing the typical “U” logo similar to the one of the Washington “formerly known as”?

Also, I’m giving Charlotte an 8/10 on this. I like the “gold” jersey, but it needs sleeve numbers. Not the “CLT” lettering. Those gold chrome helmets should’ve never seen the light of day. Furthermore, why is this photo being taken inside of an office building/skyscraper? Shouldn’t it be on a football field or at least the campus?
spacer.png

Terry Tate office linebacker approves of this photo.

Is this a new shell for regular games, or is it just for camp to prevent concussions?

Also for NC State, this looks to be a new alternate helmet for the September 2nd game; red bricks are a nod to campus architecture (per ACC Network):

NC State football: A new piece of equipment for the Wolfpack | Raleigh News  & Observer

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

54 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

Haven't we already been down this "white numbers don't work on khaki-colored jerseys" road before?  (Then again, apparently UCF ignored the memo, too, so...)

...Maybe try this with green pants rather than white?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So, at this point, does the photographer just say "do the new uniform pose" and every college football player in the country jumps right into this?

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Sometimes I wish players would just stand there like this🧍‍♂️because at least then they’d look less ridiculous and you’d actually be able to fully comprehend all the elements of the uniform correctly.

This is my new favorite unveiling pose.

s3WypZP.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Was going to ask the same thing. Is Utah phasing out the drum/feather/U?

Hope the alternate U doesn't get axed. I personally thought it was good enough to be promoted to primary logo.

Utah to wear Ute Pride helmets as part of annual tradition | | tucson.com

Hotter Than July > Thriller

11 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Was going to ask the same thing. Is Utah phasing out the drum/feather/U?

Hope the alternate U doesn't get axed. I personally thought it was good enough to be promoted to primary logo.

If I recall correctly, under the prior AD, there was a policy that the drum and feather would not be placed on any new, "permanent" surfaces (e.g. courts, fields, buildings). You'll notice that rule carves out room for it to still be used on uniforms.

When the brand guidelines were updated a little more than a decade ago, the interlocking U's were phased out in favor of the block U to more closely align the athletics department with the school (whose brand is almost exclusively the block U ). However, the interlocking U's have made a big comeback probably thanks to Under Armor and football success.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Is this a new shell for regular games, or is it just for camp to prevent concussions?

That’s a cover over the helmet, if you look at the top of the face mask you can see the connecting clips to hook on to the helmet and the top right photo the guy in white has a piece of it torn off near the mouth of the logo. It’s probably to protect the shell since they get pretty torn up between face masks and chutes during practice and gameplay, especially for linebackers and linemen.

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

Looks like downtown Cleveland, so I’m guessing draft week, but why put your new uni on a player about to be drafted?

I don’t mind gold chrome here. 49ers, makes sense, but that said, there are better golds out there. The Notre Dame-style finish would work great for a team called the 49ers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

18 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Makes sense, because NC State is the one school that uses bricks in their buildings.

I'm a little surprised the Wolfpack isn't still salty after what transpired when their effort to blow the brick house down went sideways, but good on them for moving on.

spacer.png

Archived