College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

49 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's a nice look, but I didn't remember sleeve stripes on those uniforms. So that's good that they've included them, but all they really did was recolor the regular sleeve stripes instead of lowering the stripes to just above the sleeve cuff.

1991 Rose Bowl Iowa vs. Washington part 1 of 2 - YouTube

On a jersey that simple, the number font is pretty important. If you're going to do retro, at least do it right.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mingjai said:

On a jersey that simple, the number font is pretty important. If you're going to do retro, at least do it right.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pretty sure they used sports belle which was never a good looking font imho, the number spacing was often horrible and the slanted 2 lacks any ugly charm that champion's possesses. I'm also fairly confident that uw and the vols had the exact same jerseys in different colors back then. It should also be noted that the helmet/pants golds did not match at all back then. Last item is the gold paint on top of the masks is due to the weekly helmet painting they did like notre dame.

18 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Kansas, Arizona State and Washington are the clear winners of the Reverse retros. Everything else is either redundant or outright bad. 

I know the name is meaningless but I don't see much color reversing of retro designs as much as I see random alternates.

I'm all for Indiana going with a Anthony Thompson-style retro (Fanatics has the block I helmet logo on a RR sweatshirt), but I'm not sure what's RR about it. 

Mississippi State's doesn't look to be anything close to a RR either. 

adidas clearly perfected the RR idea for the NHL and just threw darts for CFB teams. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

ASU going gold/maroon/gold this week, with chrome gold-accented decals that clash with the athletic gold shells:

spacer.png
spacer.png

Colorado going classic gold/black/gold to open the season:

Pretty surprising that they’re still rocking the Elite 51 template after all these years.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

@BigDmo, I wouldn’t expect that to be the actual uni combo for this week. All-green is the standard combo that they use for preseason photo day, which results in it being used in all sorts of graphics throughout the season.  The actual uni reveal should be coming soon (likely tomorrow).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Nice that Utah puts the player's picture above their locker in the event they can't read their own name. 

I know it's a joke....but can I just say how hard it was to make 124 large print locker designs in a 1 day span so they get to print on time for the team unveil. I'm quite proud of the way they turned out 😅

3 hours ago, BigDmo said:

Oregon teasing going all green in the new set to open the season. I know we saw yellow cleats being used in practice though so who knows

These might be my favorite of the Oregon wing helmets. This is the one time gradients work on a uniform

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Archived