College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

12 hours ago, upperV03 said:

ASU going gold/maroon/gold this week, with chrome gold-accented decals that clash with the athletic gold shells:

spacer.png
spacer.png

The chrome gold is such an odd choice. Mostly because I suspect it will be almost impossible to notice for the most part, but when you see it, it looks like trash.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

ASU going gold/maroon/gold this week, with chrome gold-accented decals that clash with the athletic gold shells:

spacer.png
spacer.png

Colorado going classic gold/black/gold to open the season:

Pretty surprising that they’re still rocking the Elite 51 template after all these years.

Frustrating that so many pac schools roll out their most traditional home color combos in week 1 then the remainder of the season is mix/match garbage.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Holy hell, these reveal videos are really getting out of hand:

It's not even that great of a uniform. I realize the Rebs need as many recruits as possible, but that uniform is so cliche

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Texas A&M will be doing a 9/11 tribute with the endzone wordmark getting a US flag treatment as well as requesting fans to wear red, white, or blue based on their seat location to replicate the "Red, White, and Blue Out" that was done as a fundraiser twenty years ago.

Also included is a look at a 12th man centennial logo that I suspect will be on the field and uniforms.

21 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

VT going White/Orange/Orange for their Friday Night matchup against UNC’s White/White/Navy

it is Orange Effect for VT

Maroon/Maroon/White against CB/White/CB would’ve looked so nice. First of many matchups this year ruined by mix n match. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

9 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Citadel all white vs. Coastal white/black/white.  Oof.

truly boring. What was so bad about some teal and columbia blue? 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

As I was hoping, the Ducks will be debuting their new set by going with the classic yellow/green/yellow combo for the first time since the 2018 RedBox Bowl:

spacer.png
For me, this will always be the best possible combo in any set that the Ducks have. Thrilled to see it finally return, and really excited for the debut of the new jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

As I was hoping, the Ducks will be debuting their new set by going with the classic yellow/green/yellow combo for the first time since the 2018 RedBox Bowl:

I love that Oregon has toned things down recently from their really out-there days but the fact that it's been nearly three years (even with a pandemic-shortened season last year) since they've worn what should be their most common combination is really an indictment of what Nike has done with Oregon.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 9/1/2021 at 10:11 AM, Mingjai said:

On a jersey that simple, the number font is pretty important. If you're going to do retro, at least do it right.

spacer.png

spacer.png

adidas could have even just taken Mississippi State's number font and trimmed them up a bit to look better than what they went with. Not an exact match, but a better look.

Mississippi State football: Bulldogs Release Depth Chart for 2021 Season  Opener vs. LA Tech - Sports Illustrated Mississippi State Football,  Basketball, Recruiting, and More

Mississippi State, Auburn look to salvage seasons with a win - The  Vicksburg Post | The Vicksburg Post

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Maroon/Maroon/White against CB/White/CB would’ve looked so nice. First of many matchups this year ruined by mix n match. 

VT has tended to wear orange in some form against UNC lately. This is the orange effect, so for the first time since 2018, they are actually playing along and breaking out orange jersey. 

14 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

I love that Oregon has toned things down recently from their really out-there days but the fact that it's been nearly three years (even with a pandemic-shortened season last year) since they've worn what should be their most common combination is really an indictment of what Nike has done with Oregon.

FWIW, I was told by someone connected to the program that they had planned to wear Y/G/Y against Washington last year, but that game was cancelled due to Covid issues within the Huskies’ program. They also have used the Y/G/Y combo in schedule graphics and some other social media graphics over the last few years. Your point still stands, though, and for me it’s a combo that absolutely needs to be worn at least once every season. The apple green jerseys by themselves should also be worn more frequently as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived