2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

58 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I realized the 2017 Patriots did in fact do this most recently. But I mean more from wildcard to divisional or divisional to championship game, it seems like every mix and match team hops on the superstition train.

Rams won the NFC championship in white (with white horned helmet) a combo they often wore a at home.  They then chose the royal and yellow uni,   officially the home set.   

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/21/2022 at 6:15 PM, MJD7 said:

Going back to this thought, I mocked up what I would do if I had to change the Rams’ previous horn:

GvKSMT1.png

It involves the gradients that are present in the current identity, while also alluding to the fact that the horn has been both white and gold in the past. The gradients also help give a 3D nature to the horn, bringing the Rams into modernity while also elevating them a step above any other teams that try to copy them, such as CSU and surely plenty of high schools.

Nice!

20 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Agreed on all of these, but IMO this is also acceptable  (disregarding the fact that the Bucs would be wearing white at home):

1191270202.jpeg

This would be a big A+ if this generation Rams yellow was more of the old athletic gold instead of the Nike yellow.

For fun:

R.a52a37edcc5434edd9a2d74fb436ab55?rik=H

20121223_pjc_sv7_138.0.jpg

93a32ce30598d244fa77d67c9654c50b_crop_ex

bucs-vs-rams-prediction-696x554.jpg

quarterback-jeff-garcia-of-the-tampa-bay

1200x0.jpg

That last photo is from 2001, which is the only Rams/Bucs matchup that I think actually looks good. Everything else is kind of gross.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 1/20/2022 at 8:55 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

Something I admire looking back at old Rams helmets is how substantial the horns were coming from the front of the helmet. I feel like the horns ought to be large and imposing, and they got it right in the earlier days:

spacer.png

Compare that to both horns used in the last few years, and the horns’ narrower sizes seem lacking and much less imposing

It's one of those instances where I completely understand the why of it and that function on modern helmet shells dictates the use of narrower horns, but it’s still a loss in my book. The larger horns of the Rams’ early years just looked so much better to me, and put off a much more powerful and imposing impression from a design standpoint.

I have a copy of that exact color photo of the RAMS with Sid Gillman and his bow-tie which I believe was taken in the 1957 season at the LA Coliseum.

What I like best about it is how angular the ram horns are in the very front of the helmet which made it look so genuine looking.  A user on here told me quite some time ago that the rams horns were panted onto all their helmets back in those days, even when they switched their trim color from yellow to white in 1964.

This is exactly (IMO) how the new RAMS helmets design should have been based off of, nice and angular in the very front. Not like a pair of bananas.  I actually like the new uniforms for the most part but the single yellow stripe doesn't work on the bone pants and LA needs to stop wearing socks which match in color to whichever pants they're wearing.  Also ... shít-can the mono-blue look w// the blue socks.  It's dreadful.  The new shade of blue they're using is dope, I really like it.

When teams are able to have a 2nd helmet (throwbacks only) next season I'd love to see the RAMS in their fearsome-foursome uniforms sets.  I saw them in 1970 at the old stadium in East Buffalo and that's when it hit me that Buffalo was really in the NFL and those LA RAMS uniforms looked wicked 👍🏼 ....

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

This would be a big A+ if this generation Rams yellow was more of the old athletic gold instead of the Nike yellow.

Shade differences and weird segmented horns aside, I do think blue over yellow is the current Rams’ best look, except maybe the fauxback. 

On 1/21/2022 at 10:07 PM, Cujo said:

WHAT THEY REALLY SHOULD WEAR:

gettyimages-1782997.jpg

No thank-you.

My preferred to today (i'm NOT superstitious) ... White jerseys,, blue pants ... white socks w/ matching sleeve stripes in the centre of the socks, just like KC, CHI, and WSH wear with their colored pants.  Also black cleats. 

Unless you have stripes on jerseys that are either northwestern stripes or Minnesota's I'm not a fan of solid colored socks without matching sleeve stripes on them. CHI, WSH, and KC set the standard when with their home & away socks.

NFL and AFL tradition has long been to never wear the same color socks as your pants, a tradition that is no more and ruining so many good looking uniforms sets.  Tennessee and Seattle are the biggest abusers.

2 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Tennessee and Seattle are the biggest abusers.

They may be big abusers, but individually, the Chiefs are the biggest sock abusers. Today you will see 1) the correct sock 2) the away sock 3) red socks 4) white socks

KISSwall09.jpg

3 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

No thank-you.

My preferred to today (i'm NOT superstitious) ... White jerseys,, blue pants ... white socks w/ matching sleeve stripes in the centre of the socks, just like KC, CHI, and WSH wear with their colored pants.  Also black cleats. 

Unless you have stripes on jerseys that are either northwestern stripes or Minnesota's I'm not a fan of solid colored socks without matching sleeve stripes on them. CHI, WSH, and KC set the standard when with their home & away socks.

NFL and AFL tradition has long been to never wear the same color socks as your pants, a tradition that is no more and ruining so many good looking uniforms sets.  Tennessee and Seattle are the biggest abusers.

Seattle makes it work. There can be only one, though - the Titans and Texans look like hot garbage when they go mono.

The Patriots look a little better with the traditional striping and the sliver of red on the socks, but the lack of silver is strange when their helmet is solid silver.

The Ravens would look decent in solid black if their black pants had stripes. Of course, purple socks with black jerseys and pants could also work and be sufficiently raven-esque.  

Assuming the Rams would keep wearing blue over yellow, we're going to be set for some good uniform matchups to end the season. Last night was great. Rams at Bucs is great. Bills at Chiefs will be pretty good. And we're guaranteed two good uniforms in the next round already. 

I really like the contrast between Tampa and LA, especially in the sun. 

Yeah, Bucs/Rams looks REALLY good right now. The matchup and contrast of colors is nearly perfect, and natural sunlight is a huge asset to the matchup as well.

This is one of those days where I’m really glad the Bucs chose to wear white. Bone vs. Red wouldn’t have looked nearly as good.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

20 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah, Bucs/Rams looks REALLY good right now. The matchup and contrast of colors is nearly perfect, and natural sunlight is a huge asset to the matchup as well.

This is one of those days where I’m really glad the Bucs chose to wear white. Bone vs. Red wouldn’t have looked nearly as good.

I posted a ton of old Rams/Bucs photos. Today is clearly the best looking of the bunch.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

Assuming the Rams would keep wearing blue over yellow, we're going to be set for some good uniform matchups to end the season. Last night was great. Rams at Bucs is great. Bills at Chiefs will be pretty good. And we're guaranteed two good uniforms in the next round already. 

I really like the contrast between Tampa and LA, especially in the sun. 

Bills and Chiefs WOULD be great, except the Bills insist on wearing plain white socks, and the Chiefs’ different players wear different socks. 

10 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I posted a ton of old Rams/Bucs photos. Today is clearly the best looking of the bunch.

No way. Nike ruins this version of the 97 bucs set with their terrible pant material. It really ruins the pewter color. 

That's the biggest issue with teams that have a metallic pant color. They don't look right with nikes mess of materials.

3 hours ago, hormone said:

They may be big abusers, but individually, the Chiefs are the biggest sock abusers. Today you will see 1) the correct sock 2) the away sock 3) red socks 4) white socks

Don't forget the 1 jacka$$ that cuts up 4 pairs of striped socks and wears them all.

Archived