Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Apparently, Daytonans (is that what you call them?) are complaining in droves, mainly crying that "it's not an American team name," etc. etc.

Reminds me of the backlash that the El Paso Chihuahuas got last year...an identity which I LOVED gets blasted by lots of people initially, but in the end, most of them get used to and appreciate it.

bYhYmxh.png

Apparently, Daytonans (is that what you call them?) are complaining in droves, mainly crying that "it's not an American team name," etc. etc.

Reminds me of the backlash that the El Paso Chihuahuas got last year...an identity which I LOVED gets blasted by lots of people initially, but in the end, most of them get used to and appreciate it.

I always called us DAYTONIANS, but I guess that was incorrect the whole time

LET'S GO 'TUGAS!!! clap clap clapclapclap

Well I can't say I was expecting Tortugas at all, but I'll certainly take it wholeheartedly. The colors I love (maybe with bias as lime is my favorite color), though the dark green looks a little more blue on the uniform's wordmark. Probably the light blue outline playing tricks with me. And of course it's oceanic themed, which I love and it fits in well with other teams in the league (Hammerheads, Threshers, Manatees, Stone Crabs). Looks great. This was Studio Simon's work, correct?

The new Rome one is just silly for me. I could see that being used for Sunday games or batting practice if anything.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Are the Tortugas using light blue or gray/silver? Having trouble trying to figure what exact color that is...

Light blue. A clearer image from the mothership:

daytona-tortugas-new-logo.png

Also everyone keep your eyes peeled, South Bend's about to reveal their new logo set.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Wow, that SB logo is definitely nice. And it's good to see a logo depicting baseball being played WITHOUT swinging a bat.

I like the primary, but feel like it could've been simplified some. Starting with the C and going outward, there are 8 round "layers"...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png