Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

It's been a disturbing trend for minor league teams to reflect the parent team more and more recently. I don't like it at all. But as far as logos go, these are really nice. Just wish we had a bit more creativity with these minor league teams.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The only time the minor league team should have the same name as the parent team is never.

Wrong. it's great for regional teams like the Cubs, Cardinals, and Braves. It doesn't work quite so well for teams on the coasts, for some reason. While farm systems of Cardinals and Braves dotting the heartland sounds right, I can only associate "Dodgers" with Brooklyn, Los Angeles, and Vero Beach. I would never think to associate them with Oklahoma City in any way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The only time the minor league team should have the same name as the parent team is never.

Wrong. it's great for regional teams like the Cubs, Cardinals, and Braves. It doesn't work quite so well for teams on the coasts, for some reason. While farm systems of Cardinals and Braves dotting the heartland sounds right, I can only associate "Dodgers" with Brooklyn, Los Angeles, and Vero Beach. I would never think to associate them with Oklahoma City in any way.
It would probably help if the affiliates were located anywhere near the parent clubs on the coasts. There's no need to brand a team in Oklahoma based on a team in Los Angeles, California. It feels very forced. Nothing about Oklahoma City connects with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Don't brand them as such.

I'm not too high on the logos and set, but I actually don't mind when minor-league teams take their parent clubs' names...as long as they're close to their parent clubs. It gives an opportunity for the minor-league team to take the name in another direction creatively. Of course, the downside is that if and when an affiliate change comes, the team's pretty much bound to another overhaul.

This doesn't really work because Okahoma City and Los Angeles are half a continent away from one another and the Red Hawks set didn't need to go.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

And it's also not as if the Dodgers have a long, uninterrupted history of referring to all their affiliates as the Dodgers. Hell, I still think they're affiliated with the 51s from time to time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1. The fans liked the RedHawks name.
2. If the name HAD to be changed, the fans would've liked it to be the 89ers.
3. The Dodgers IGNORED their fans and dumped the successful brand and mascot.

That's how I see it.

bYhYmxh.png

That's how I see it.

You're not wrong. The weird thing about this is that the fans are now forced to be (LA) Dodger fans. You don't have to be a fan of the big league team to be a fan of the minor league team. I know it's just a business strategy, but I feel like everyone has figured out to go the opposite direction.

That's how I see it.

I agree with 2 & 3. I grew up in OKC, and the whole Redhawks thing was pretty "meh." You never saw many people repping Redhawks gear, especially less so after the Thunder came to town.

But I think any town would choose nostalgia over something new. Of course people would want the 89ers back, 1889 has a historical significance to the area. The Dodgers don't.

But now the important part: they just announced they will sell Dodger Dogs at the games. So in that aspect alone, the rebrand is a win.

Wrong. it's great for regional teams like the Cubs, Cardinals, and Braves. It doesn't work quite so well for teams on the coasts, for some reason.

Wrong. So long as we're making bold declarations.

"Staten Island Yankees" and "San Jose Giants" work every bit as well as "Iowa Cubs" and "Gwinnett Braves".

I'm not liking the interlocking LA forced into OkLAhoma but I do like the OKC lettering in the same style as the Brooklyn Dodger days. The way the KC are arranged made me think Royals for a split second but that thought went away quickly. I always liked the Redhawks logos but I guess they're history now.

Maybe it's me, but I'd rather watch the Iowa Cubs than the Iowa PorkChopzz.

But would you rather have them than the Iowa Oaks (a concept I've seen BEAUTIFULLY done several times)?

bYhYmxh.png