Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Since the Alamo isn't a tall building, the slant doesn't really bother me as much as it would if it were a skyscraper.

So buildings can be skewed at 15-degree angles that they're not actually at as long as they aren't tall? MOD EDIT It makes no sense whatsoever. What are they doing, trying to show that there's something progressive and "forward-facing" about a historic building? There's one historic building I can think of that should be drawn so that it's leaning, and it's not because it's progressive.

Hey, my running shoes look like the ones the guy in the home uniform is wearing.

It's an identity for a baseball team. Baseball is a sport. Sports like baseball are about action. Italicizing things connotes action. Of course, the Alamo itself, unlike the historic building you referenced (we assume you are talking about a certain structure in Pisa), does not lean, but sometimes creative individuals use this thing called "artistic license," a hypothetical certificate of sorts that entitles the holder to not necessarily have to be literal in their depictions. I cannot argue with most of the flaws that the Creamer community has already pointed out about this particular identity, but I do not agree that the building being rendered in an italicized fashion is worthy of scorn.

I want to know what school gave you your graphic design/generic art degree so I can make it my mission in life to cost them their accreditation.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Tomorrow is unveiling day for the new Biloxi baseball club, known until now as the Huntsville Stars (Brewers Double-A affiliate). The writing is on the wall, and I feel the new name is certain to be the Beacon.....or Beacons. (Seriously, why would that be a singular team name?)

Obviously I'm looking forward to seeing the whole logo/uniform package, but their stadium situation is almost as intriguing to me. I've literally been keeping my eye on their live stadium cam day after day. Gotta say, I'm rooting for 'em. It would be sad if they were unable to begin play right away as the newly-branded team.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Since the Alamo isn't a tall building, the slant doesn't really bother me as much as it would if it were a skyscraper.

So buildings can be skewed at 15-degree angles that they're not actually at as long as they aren't tall? MOD EDIT It makes no sense whatsoever. What are they doing, trying to show that there's something progressive and "forward-facing" about a historic building? There's one historic building I can think of that should be drawn so that it's leaning, and it's not because it's progressive.

Hey, my running shoes look like the ones the guy in the home uniform is wearing.

It's an identity for a baseball team. Baseball is a sport. Sports like baseball are about action. Italicizing things connotes action. Of course, the Alamo itself, unlike the historic building you referenced (we assume you are talking about a certain structure in Pisa), does not lean, but sometimes creative individuals use this thing called "artistic license," a hypothetical certificate of sorts that entitles the holder to not necessarily have to be literal in their depictions. I cannot argue with most of the flaws that the Creamer community has already pointed out about this particular identity, but I do not agree that the building being rendered in an italicized fashion is worthy of scorn.
I want to know what school gave you your graphic design/generic art degree so I can make it my mission in life to cost them their accreditation.
Some people are too busy keyboard mashing their way up to 20,000+ posts that they lost the ability to express their opinions with any tact. Again, ideally if you're rendering a building, of course you wouldn't slant it. Vertical structures like the Washington Monument or Empire State Building would appear to be falling. So at least with this logo, it's horizontal enough that it doesn't look like it's falling. It's not ideal but it's no big deal, right? (That question is rhetorical so no need to answer it to those unable to control the urge to accumulate another 20,000 posts.)
  • Like 1

Are you srsly dropping the royal we on me? condescending quotation marks? "hypothetical certificate of sorts"? Who the hell are you, Brian In Boston's little brother?

Yeah, I'm not a :censored:ing idiot, I know what artistic license is, but what it isn't is carte blanche to do crap that doesn't make any sense. You can connote action and excitement without italicizing a building, which is plainly dumb.

In reading back over my post, I can see how the use of quotation marks may have come across as condescending, and for that I apologize, as it was not my intention to offend. I don't post very often, which explains why I don't quite have the posting protocol down pat.

Some people are too busy keyboard mashing their way up to 20,000+ posts that they lost the ability to express their opinions with any tact. Again, ideally if you're rendering a building, of course you wouldn't slant it. Vertical structures like the Washington Monument or Empire State Building would appear to be falling. So at least with this logo, it's horizontal enough that it doesn't look like it's falling. It's not ideal but it's no big deal, right? (That question is rhetorical so no need to answer it to those unable to control the urge to accumulate another 20,000 posts.)

There has to be a better, less condescending way for you to express yourself.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Biloxi Shuckers is the official name of the new Brewers' AA team.

Took me completely by surprise! Thought for sure it'd be the Beacon.

From the glimpse I got at the live feed, gotta say it looks pretty good so far. But given the lettering involved in the team name, they made the worst mistake possible.......

There's a "BS" cap. Seriously?! I would think that if your city name begins with a "B" and the team name starts with an "S," that would be one of the biggest potential mistakes looming in your mind!

/rant. That's really the only complaint I have about it from what I've seen. Now, let's just hope their stadium is ready in time. :P

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

It's amazing how many minor league teams are starting to look eerily similar. While the cartoony mascots are unique...the presentations and stylings of hats and wordmarks are approaching rinse-wash-repeat status.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's amazing how many minor league teams are starting to look eerily similar. While the cartoony mascots are unique...the presentations and stylings of hats and wordmarks are approaching rinse-wash-repeat status.

That's what happens when one agency gets every single job.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There has to be a better, less condescending way for you to express yourself.
I couldn't agree more, but at the same time I'll meet condescension with condescension. I stop by occasionally to check out and casually discuss the latest design releases, not to get confronted by an overly zealous, confrontational, thread-derailing troll.

Anyway, it seems he has gotten back on topic so let's do the same.