Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Team name is officially the West Virginia Black Bears

While not as bad as Energy, Wild Ones or Wonder, the Black Bears name strikes me as a thoroughly "meh" choice. As a result this team's identity is going to really have to rely upon the visual elements to sell the package. Personally, I'd prefer to see them go the route of the American Hockey League's Hershey Bears and adopt a simple, classic, more refined primary mark.

Morgantown's NYPL team has started voting on their name-the-team contest...the finalists are:

Black Bears

Black Diamonds

Canaries

Coal Kings

Coal Sox

Energy

Moonshiners

Muskets

Wild Ones

Wonder

Voting goes on until Friday...which one is your favorite?

Team name is officially the West Virginia Black Bears

Damn. I was ready to buy some moonshiner merchandise

Why are they "West Virginia" and not "Morgantown" or "Mon Valley"? I thought MiLB frowned upon two teams having the same locale name (unless they were in far different areas of the nation)...we've already got the West Virginia Power!

bYhYmxh.png

Why are they "West Virginia" and not "Morgantown" or "Mon Valley"? I thought MiLB frowned upon two teams having the same locale name (unless they were in far different areas of the nation)...we've already got the West Virginia Power!

Aren't they both affiliated with Pittsburgh too? Kind of odd.

Also, new Tennessee Smokies logos:

Presser_Banner_No_Slogan_2dk4r6to.jpg

niagaraq.png

Aren't they both affiliated with Pittsburgh too? Kind of odd.

Also, new Tennessee Smokies logos:

Presser_Banner_No_Slogan_2dk4r6to.jpg

Alright, next time I'm in Sevierville, I'm picking up some new Smokies merchandise. That package is beautiful

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Not sure if this was announced here, but the Glens Falls Golden Eagles of the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League are now the Glens Falls Dragons

62880cdc9763a15b0c358fc1d885f5e0.300.jpg

You mean they are now the Dragons Glens Falls, according to the logo.

No.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

The Smokies look great. The "West Virginia Black Bears" will have a tough act to follow. And I'll just echo others who are disappointed they went with West Virginia instead of Morgantown.

Overall, pretty disappointed with the name. I can't imagine that "Black Bears" would legitimately win the vote. Almost makes you wonder if the voting had any say in the matter at all.

90758391980.gif

Can't post a pic of it right now as I'm on mobile, but the Fresno Grizzlies have unveiled new uniforms today during the "Meet The Astros" event. The white uniform (the only one I've seen so far) has a completely new "Fresno" script and the "G" claw logo is now on a secondary cap.

In Quebec City, the Capitales of the CANAM League have the "Hockey Night"...

This year, it was against the AA St.Paul Saints:

864103-pour-cette-soiree-thematique-hock

Last year, it was against the AA Winnipeg Goldeyes (haven't found an action picture of the Goldeyes...):

716182-occasion-soiree-sous-theme-hockey1310828359805_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

i like the saints (northstar) unis in that pic