Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

The Kitsap BlueJackets (based in Bremerton, WA) of the West Coast League (collegiate summer wood bat league) will soon unveil a new logo.

Old:

KitsapBluejackets.gif

A draft of the new logo is on their Facebook page. I've been told it's not quite the finished project.

"BlueJackets" has a double meaning: a take on the insect (yellowjackets) and Bluejacket referring to someone who is in the Navy. Bremerton is the home of the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, hence the anchors and sailor cap on the "newer" logo.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Really liking that Nashville Sounds rebrand. Can't wait to see more. Cool take on the color palette.

Thank goodness the Kitsap (What is Kitsap?) is getting a new logo. That thing is horribly dated.

Would you believe that old logo was only ten years old?

Kitsap is the name of the county and the peninsula on which the city of Bremerton sits.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

On second thought, I doubt they're gonna go with the Moonshiners (too close to the Asheville Tourists' current identity) or the Muskets (for obvious reasons).

I believe we will see the Mon Valley Black Diamonds...and the college football color field trend will make its way to baseball too as we actually see a black diamond.

bYhYmxh.png

There is a lot of good in that... but the little details break it. The shadow on the bat and the wordmark ruin the rest for me.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

On second thought, I doubt they're gonna go with the Moonshiners (too close to the Asheville Tourists' current identity)

I think you're getting your moonshine mixed up.

BWBW1525.jpg

Not sure whether they'll allow that usage...too many upset parents in this world.

My idea was just the "Shiners" and have the mascot be a hillbilly with a shiner...they're the Pirates' affiliate, and a shiner is "nature's eyepatch!"

bYhYmxh.png