Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

The New York Collegiate Baseball League has added an expansion team in Rome, New York. The team will be dubbed the Rome Generals.

lkak71r5wcfufpgyhv53ev6sxfcrrl7.jpg

Pretty sure they took that Generals mark straight from the Jackson Generals. Or at least copied it pretty closely.

jgword_fc.jpg

I can't tell if it's the exact same font, just stretched - or just a similar font.

Also, the "Rome" being in another "Western-inspired" font that's similar to (yet different enough from) "Generals," makes me think Rome's is a hack-and-paste Frankenlogo. The illustration (tricorne hat, ponytail) says "Patriot" more than "General" to me. I'm assuming it's lifted from somewhere - but where? (Commence scouring D3, NAIA, and other minor league logos...)

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

The New York Collegiate Baseball League has added an expansion team in Rome, New York. The team will be dubbed the Rome Generals.

Pretty sure they took that Generals mark straight from the Jackson Generals. Or at least copied it pretty closely.

jgword_fc.jpg

I can't tell if it's the exact same font, just stretched - or just a similar font.

Also, the "Rome" being in another "Western-inspired" font that's similar to (yet different enough from) "Generals," makes me think Rome's is a hack-and-paste Frankenlogo. The illustration (tricorne hat, ponytail) says "Patriot" more than "General" to me. I'm assuming it's lifted from somewhere - but where? (Commence scouring D3, NAIA, and other minor league logos...)

The General logo is a stock logo. It's like the tenth image on Google when you search "stock patriots logo".

2043050vl19qK6.gif

The General logo is a stock logo. It's like the tenth image on Google when you search "stock patriots logo".

Didn't consider that. Well, at least they're not stealing it from someone.

It's not good, but it's far from the worst thing in summer collegiate ball.

^Now that's an example of what good summer collegiate ball can look like. Beautiful.

The first and third feel like they're two parts of the same package, given that they've got the same script (which is fantastic and miles ahead of the script in the middle one). I'm not sure where, if anywhere, there's a cap logo in those two - but they're very good primaries.

I can't figure out what's going on in the middle one. It looks like just a disembodied engine with wings. There's no cockpit or... well... anything except a modern plane engine that inexplicably has wings and a tail fin. Odd.

The summer collegiate Prospect League's new Lafayette, Indiana-based team has settled upon a name. The club will be called the Lafayette Aviators. Three possible primary logos are under consideration.

12274610_1496127317355849_78167233649658

Personally, I'd go with the first logo as the primary mark and utilize the pilot from the third as a secondary logo.

I agree.

Don't like anything about the second one - the wordmark is boring and that's a very... unique interpretation of an airplane. But the first and third both have promise.

jgword_fc.jpg

Good catch!- it is the Jackson Generals wordmark, just isolated and then stretched to a little over double the width without adjusting the height. Scaled, it is exactly what the Rome team has lifted. Not cool.

^Now that's an example of what good summer collegiate ball can look like. Beautiful.

The first and third feel like they're two parts of the same package, given that they've got the same script (which is fantastic and miles ahead of the script in the middle one). I'm not sure where, if anywhere, there's a cap logo in those two - but they're very good primaries.

I can't figure out what's going on in the middle one. It looks like just a disembodied engine with wings. There's no cockpit or... well... anything except a modern plane engine that inexplicably has wings and a tail fin. Odd.

The plane alone from the 1st one and the A from Aviators would look fine on a cap.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

So news from local Amarillo, TX sources state that the newly rebranded San Antonio Missions are looking to relocate.

http://www.myhighplains.com/news/amarillo-pursuing-aa-baseball-team

Interesting...

That's because the Missions are planning to buy a PCL team and build a new ballpark for whichever team will become the AAA Missions.

bYhYmxh.png

So news from local Amarillo, TX sources state that the newly rebranded San Antonio Missions are looking to relocate.

Interesting...

I guess that's why the Alamo was italicized, it was running away!

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

By the way, I took a wheelbarrow of crap for criticizing that logo and the idea of italicizing a building and I'm still very sour over the whole incident. I feel slightly vindicated, but certainly not vindicated enough.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

By the way, I took a wheelbarrow of crap for criticizing that logo and the idea of italicizing a building and I'm still very sour over the whole incident. I feel slightly vindicated, but certainly not vindicated enough.

Italicizing a building works, man. Look what it's done for Pisa.

• Like 3

Good to hear. San Antonio is a triple-A market at the very least, IMO. My guess is it'll be either Las Vegas or Colorado Springs that will pack up shop and become that eventual PCL Missions club. All other clubs seem pretty firmly entrenched and/or popular.

New Orleans has been tossed around too. Not too long ago they were a target of the Astros. They wanted to move the Zephyrs to the Houston metro area.

Interesting...

Umm...

Texas League pres: AA team 'not moving anywhere'

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2015-12-17/texas-league-pres-aa-team-not-moving-anywhere?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Amarillo_Globe-News