Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

8 hours ago, cappital92 said:

I imagine they'll have your standard white and grey jerseys, than an alt that's green for four months out of the season, changes to a nice perfect yellow for like two days, than bam, brown for the rest of the year. 

Not only is this very funny, but it's actually a great idea that is doable (not a jersey that actually changes colors, but having a series of three alt jerseys, starting with a green one, then a yellow one, and lastly a brown one) and would get the team some additional press.

2 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

This was Studio Simon? I was almost certain it was Brandiose. You know, the bat-swingin'-mascot and all...

Not only is the banana in the logo not depicted in Brandiose's oft-used "swinging friar" pose, he's not swinging at all. He's holding a bat, awaiting the pitch, ready to swing.

7 hours ago, conesbeans said:

Not only is the banana in the logo not depicted in Brandiose's oft-used "swinging friar" pose, he's not swinging at all. He's holding a bat, awaiting the pitch, ready to swing.

Much like the Burlington Bees, which is also Studio Simon's work, I believe.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 2 weeks later...

The Binghamton Mets have announced that they will be rebranding in time for the 2017 New York-Penn League season.

A "Name the Team" campaign launches on April 7, 2016, with submissions being accepted through April 25th. On the latter date, six finalist identities will be unveiled for two weeks of fan voting. The team's new name will be officially revealed in October of this year. 

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

The Binghamton Mets have announced that they will be rebranding in time for the 2017 New York-Penn League season.

A "Name the Team" campaign launches on April 7, 2016, with submissions being accepted through April 25th. On the latter date, six finalist identities will be unveiled for two weeks of fan voting. The team's new name will be officially revealed in October of this year. 

They play in the Eastern League (Double A). there is a #NameTheBMets on twitter with some interesting ideas. Triplets being a favorite

Binghamton Kings...or the Binghamton Swing                       /runsaway

(though could you imagine Brandiose working on logos for the Binghamton Swing??)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think this has been mentioned, but the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes (Northwest League, Single-A Short Season) posted a 20th Anniversary logo on their Facebook page back in February. No idea if it's going to be used as a patch or just in promotional material. 2016 is their 20th season, so, there's that bit of info...

image.jpeg

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

From the main page:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/04/22/new-orleans-zephyrs-to-change-name-next-season/

No, the name change is going to stink and don't think a baseball bat-swinging nutria is going to persuade me otherwise.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)