Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

19222391-mmmain.jpg

They've got pieces of every era. Which is fine for fashion hats to sell at the merch stand, but not so much on-field.

I'm assuming (hoping?) that those aren't all on-field caps. The story on the mothership says the throwback chief-head logo won't be used on-field (dumb, because it's my favorite of the set), and has any team ever worn an all-gray cap on the field before? I'm 99% sure it's only a fashion lid.

The color change was a good idea, in order to realign with the Nats aesthetic, but the package as a whole comes off as very disjointed.

edit: Admiral summed it up well; I can't make much sense of it either.

Edited by The Mojo Maniac

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

The Chiefs always seemed to have a muddled identity with wordmarks and logos, especially when they introduced that Salt City set with the red. Looks like they muddled things up even more. The train identity made sense because the stadium's right next to the Amtrak station and the railroad and didn't want to cause a stir with the Native American imagery (which looks like it's back but not really back?), but they've really overcomplicated things the past couple of years

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

19222391-mmmain.jpg

They've got pieces of every era. Which is fine for fashion hats to sell at the merch stand, but not so much on-field.

I'm assuming (hoping?) that those aren't all on-field caps. The story on the mothership says the throwback chief-head logo won't be used on-field (dumb, because it's my favorite of the set), and has any team ever worn an all-gray cap on the field before? I'm 99% sure it's only a fashion lid.

The color change was a good idea, in order to realign with the Nats aesthetic, but the package as a whole comes off as very disjointed.

An upsetting amount of teams have solid gray hats as BP caps. I've never actually seen one worn, but quite a few were listed in style guides the past 2 seasons.

The Syracuse Chiefs are the 8-year-old who tries to put everything on his plate at once at a buffet. Yes, Jimmy, I know you like all of those things, but they probably aren't going to be so good when they're all together like that.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That's not bad for the Texas League.

Personally, myself.... I'm waiting for the new entry for the West Coast League. If anyone has followed, two teams have left (Klamath Falls and Medford) and added one team in Gresham (who will be in the new South division with Bend, Corvallis, Cowlitz, Kitsap and Yakima Valley. The North has Bellingham, Kelowna, Victoria, Walla Walla and Wenatchee).

I hope for a decent nickname and logo set from the Gresham team.

Article_Graphic_3_necqpmqm_3q3mzc5g.png

So close to being perfect. There's too much detail in the batter, but that's still some pretty good stuff.

Too much detail, and you can't have a white batter against a white star and white stripe. He really needs to be blue with fewer highlights.

And 1888? No. That's a Nationals-level of baseless pretention. A Texas League was founded in 1888, but you're not that league.

19222391-mmmain.jpg

The Altoona curve use an all gray lid, but it's a darker gray

KISSwall09.jpg

And it's official...the Louisville Bats are switching to red, white and blue.

louisville-bats-2016-250.jpglouisville-bats-2016-2-250.jpg

louisville-bats-2016-2-unis.jpg

Red, white and blue are traditional colors...for the REDBIRDS. Black and purple were the Bats' tradition, and they will be back in three years' time, I predict.

bYhYmxh.png