Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

That's some second-tier summer collegiate league work. Seems rather low-end.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like the "BG" monogram and I really like the car aaaaand that's about it. It's not that it's even bad, it's just not as good as their old identity. I love orange and navy too, but the black/red/gold looked so right for them. What confuses me is that it was SME Branding which has some big clients - the current brands for the Miami Marlins, LA Galaxy, and Tampa Bay Lightning were all made by them. And it's not like they don't have experience in MiLB either - they apparently made the Reno Aces identity, one of my favorites in AAA. I don't get it, what happened? Again, not to knock this identity, it's good and all... but man, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

On another topic, what new looks can we expect in the coming weeks? We know that Hartford's revealing their uniforms soon, and there are new logos and uniforms for SWB (which we know very little about) and Norfolk (green and orange are involved based on their Twitter header?). Anyone know anything else?

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Syracuse Chiefs look to be doing something coming up as well as the Louisville Bats.

I think the new Bowling Green set is really really bad. And even worse compared to their last set. SME must have let little Skippy the intern design this with MS Paint. Biggest disappointment to me was the car rendering and the BG. In a vacuum nobody would know those are flames coming from the G. Looks like a bad devil tail. This is an Indy ball identity.

Let's just remind ourselves what they gave up for that hairball:

BTS-BowlingGreen-5.png

I'm not saying it was perfect (I was, however, a big fan of the "BG" logo with the flames from the tailpipes), but it was good. It was fun. Better than average.

What they have now, as Sodboy said - that's college wood-bat league :censored: . And not even good college wood-bat league :censored: .

• Like 1

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Looks like I'm in the minority, but I actually like the new Bowling Green set. My only beef with it is that they look way too much like the Astros, when they aren't even an Astros affiliate.

But speaking of college wood-bat leagues, here's the primary logo for the Lodi Crushers of the new Great West League:

lodi-crushers-new-logo.png

I personally love it. Purple and green, the color of grapes in a region known for wine. And the sun plus the contour lines evoke images of California's fertile Central Valley. The logo, as a whole, strikes me as the beautiful love-child of the Big League Chew slugger and the Sun-Maid raisins girl.

This logo could absolutely work for an affiliated single-A or short-season team, and I can't wait to see the uniforms and the rest of the logo package.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Bowling Green Hot Rods (Class A Midwest League, Tampa Bay Rays) unveiled their new logos and uniforms today.

Logos:

BG-Hot-Rods-2016-3.jpg

Uniforms:

BG-Hot-Rods-2016-4.jpg

Down. Grade. Their old set was one of MiLB's best.

Completely agreed. Had to look twice to see they were NOT an Astros farm team. That said, the only thing I like is the home cap.

That was unexpected, but very nice to see. Their identity had really grown stale and dated.

This...

4000-voucher-for-2000-for-a-family-4pack

...is a terrible logo to begin with, and the fact that it served as their primary cap logo is even worse. Hopefully the Beloit Snappers or Lansing Lugnuts are next in line.

I do hope Beloit changes something soon. I think they've pretty much had the same look since they became the Snappers.

Beloit's logo is good. Their caps and uniforms are a disaster. They need to go back to navy as a base color with only Snappy on the hat, drop metallic gold and focus on yellow, and use the brighter green if they insist on having navy and green touching each other on the uniform.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Bowling Green Hot Rods (Class A Midwest League, Tampa Bay Rays) unveiled their new logos and uniforms today.

Logos:

BG-Hot-Rods-2016-3.jpg

Uniforms:

BG-Hot-Rods-2016-4.jpg

Down. Grade. Their old set was one of MiLB's best.

Completely agreed. Had to look twice to see they were NOT an Astros farm team. That said, the only thing I like is the home cap.

I'll choose not to comment on the overall design, since I think most agree with the previous entries. However, since I'm a car guy, I have issues with the "hot rod". It looks like a modern luxury car with cheesy flames, and a Nascar-style rear wing/spoiler. It is no way a hot rod.

Sacramento's entry in the collegiate summer Great West League has been dubbed the Sacramento Stealth.

Sacramento-Stealth-logo.png

Colors work fairly well for a team called the "Stealth," dark and subdued. But the logo's execution just seems...off. The script doesn't stand out at all against the "S," and the "Baseball Club" font is much too basic.

Sacramento's entry in the collegiate summer Great West League has been dubbed the Sacramento Stealth.

Colors work fairly well for a team called the "Stealth," dark and subdued. But the logo's execution just seems...off. The script doesn't stand out at all against the "S," and the "Baseball Club" font is much too basic.

SEEMS off? It's horrible. It's completely off. Most likely made in Paint.

• Like 1

I assume this is equivalent to the old North American League or the Pecos League, except now they're admitting up front that the players aren't getting paid.

I think Beloit has a "never improve anything" rule right there in the city charter.

Well, if they do it shows LOL. Like someone else posted, getting rid of the gold would be a good start for them. I'm not sure how much of that color scheme was supposed to show their tie to the Brewers, but obviously it's not necessary anymore.

I assume this is equivalent to the old North American League or the Pecos League, except now they're admitting up front that the players aren't getting paid.

Well played. But actually it's a collegiate summer league, and they'll play in top-notch facilities. But yeah, I can see how this logo might make people wonder...