Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Per Uni-Watch, seems that the SWB Railriders logo will be relatively short lived.

The middle section of the article states, "The team will still be known as the RailRiders but will have a new logo “which really emphasizes SWB” for the 2016 season. Minor League Baseball, however, will not allow the team to unveil the logo until the end of this season."

Not looking good for the Porcupine conductor.

Damn, I thought their rebrand was pretty successful. I hope their next rebrand is even better.

These are fantastic. I just hope they used the glow-in-the-dark thread for the neon embroidery. That would put this identity over the top.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This might have been posted before, but the Fireflies story got me thinking about the Capital City Bombers and some of the other classic MiLB caps that could be purchased back in the early '90s via the Manny's Baseball Land catalog.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/professional/story/2015/feb/11/lookouts-will-resemble-dodgers-aga2015/287708/

The Chattanooga Lookouts changed affiliates to the Twins, but have uniforms heavily inspired by the Dodgers, including an interlocking CL cap as an alt to the classic C-eyes cap.

The above article says it was too late to switch for 2015. Probably just colors, but I'm a bit surprised they latched on to the LA theme so heavily after 30 years in red and black.

I like it a lot. Didn't know about the national park before the video, so that's a nice homage.

The CF jar logo is just a perfect minor league team alternate logo. It'll be interesting to see if they include light streaks around the wordmarks for the jerseys.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

• 3 weeks later...

Everything except "Holy City". Ugh.

Um, Goth. Holy City is one of the nicknames for Charleston...and for good reason. Read: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleston,_South_Carolina#Religion

It's a beautiful city and now has a beautiful logo package.

I know it is. Did some work there in the 90s. It's a gorgeous city.

Doesn't make using a nickname any less stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ogden Raptors (short-season rookie Dodgers affiliate) appear to have new caps lined up for next season. Per the team's Facebook page:

11951773_876805302396228_263794882522778

Clearly better than the very dated still-current logo (nicely cleaned-up "O"), but something about this dinosaur still screams "90s cartoons" almost as much as the current one. Thoughts?

And I might add...here we go again with the wrong-colored squatchee issue (far right cap) :therock:

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I figure one thing, the Riverdogs' "Holy City" logos got me thinking of one of the teams in this past summer's TBT...team City of Gods (main thing I can say about them...if those guys were gods, Mike Sweetney must've been Buddha. Dude looked like Oliver Miller out there). All the Sally needs now are teams calling themselves Gnats Alumni, Team 23 (or 24...or 2..or 42...or insert favorite player's number here) and Overseas Elite :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Ogden Raptors (short-season rookie Dodgers affiliate) appear to have new caps lined up for next season. Per the team's Facebook page:

11951773_876805302396228_263794882522778

Clearly better than the very dated still-current logo (nicely cleaned-up "O"), but something about this dinosaur still screams "90s cartoons" almost as much as the current one. Thoughts?

And I might add...here we go again with the wrong-colored squatchee issue (far right cap) :therock:

No, the squatchee is only :censored: on the middle cap.

But yeah, I do see the issue here with the logo. It does have a 90's feel to it..... it looks like a kiddie's toy.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_