abc new logo

RETROJR79

42 minutes ago, MadmanLA said:

It's practically a modernized version of the 1988 variant of the classic 1962 logo...

ABC Logo | Symbol, History, PNG (3840*2160)    

Thanks for adding this. Without this context, my reaction would be "so what changed?"

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I thought it looked a little different when I saw it in a promo a couple days ago. Good job. Drop the superfluous stuff and don't screw with what works.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Looks better this way. Kind of interesting that ABC has the logo it does--it's the most sleek and modern of the big three, but has always been the least daring in terms of its programming (Twin Peaks and Lost excluded).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Kind of interesting that ABC has the logo it does--it's the most sleek and modern of the big three, but has always been the least daring in terms of its programming (Twin Peaks and Lost excluded).

Don't forget about NYPD Blue. 

2 hours ago, DukeofChutney said:

Loving the 56-62 lettering, its a shame that'd probably look lost in the current navy roundel as it'd make for a nifty logo.

It's navy?  Not black?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Love the way it looks. Would be even nicer if they got to utilize it in the sports coverage given the mini-renaissance they've got going with MNF and the NHL back and the expanded NCAAW Tournament coverage to join the NBA and college football, but I won't hold my breath with ESPN at the helm

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

On 5/23/2021 at 2:12 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Letters are smaller and fatter at the same time.

We even got a preview of what they will look like this fall (courtesy of NewscastStudio😞

0uDSFeI.jpg

Yea, it looks absurd with the local channels, now the abc logo has to be at least 60%, and they'd like it to be 75%.

So now it looks like a big tumor hanging off that 7

Don't know why this won't insert, but shows the difference between old and new: https://www.newscaststudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/abc-logo-compare.gif

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived