2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

15 minutes ago, BBTV said:

He'll get in just because he will, but I agree that he doesn't belong there.  Had he never played a down, nothing would be any different.  That doesn't mean simply that he didn't win a championship - there's plenty of HOF-worthy QBs that didn't win a title (Marino for example) but Rivers just never "mattered", for lack of a better word.  Part of that may have been that he played in non-premiere markets, part may just be his personality, but it doesn't matter.  I don't think anyone ever thought that Rivers was really a threat to win a title or had some ridiculous skill that you just had to stop what you were doing to watch him play. 

EDIT: I'd personally put Donovan McNabb in before Philip Rivers despite not being the objectively better QB, and I don't think McNabb is a HOFer, but I have higher standards than the hall, which seems to be more of a Hall of Stats than a Hall of Fame.

You don't have to look at this intangibly, his lack of success and accolades speak for themselves. No All Pros, no MVPs, no SB appearances, and a losing record in the playoffs does not get a QB in the Hall. He has a notably worse resume than Ken Anderson who is seemingly never getting in, so until Ken does there's no need to worry whether Rivers will.  Hell, he has a worse resume than Matt Ryan.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm more impressed by his wife's fertility and willingness to be constantly barefoot and pregnant than by the ridiculous potency of his sperm.  If any of his kids grow up to be meaningful NFL players then maybe he should be put in the hall.  Until then, he can just have a display in the hall rather than being actually inducted - maybe a glass encasement with a game-worn uniform from SD and IND, and a semen sample.

Well, I’m feeling like the Rivers family is closer to a Duggar situation than we might think.

spacer.png

Edited by SFGiants58

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I'm more impressed by his wife's fertility and willingness to be constantly barefoot and pregnant than by the ridiculous potency of his sperm.  If any of his kids grow up to be meaningful NFL players then maybe he should be put in the hall.  Until then, he can just have a display in the hall rather than being actually inducted - maybe a glass encasement with a game-worn uniform from SD and IND, and a semen sample.

The semen sample might the only way Rivers will be in the hall of fame.

• Hurl 1

I saw, I came, I left.

1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

The semen sample might the only way Rivers will be in the hall of fame.

I think if you have multiple children that make the pro football HOF then your semen should be enshrined.  Archie Manning's jizz should get a bust (assuming Eli gets in).  The Kelces' father might eventually need to pump some out for a bust.  Not sure how many other qualify, but there should definitely be a wing in the hall for it.

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, BBTV said:

I think if you have multiple children that make the pro football HOF then your semen should be enshrined.  Archie Manning's jizz should get a bust (assuming Eli gets in).  The Kelces' father might eventually need to pump some out for a bust.  

I'd be interested in seeing the mock-ups for the sculpture.

31 minutes ago, BBTV said:

During training camp, all Vikings quarterbacks except Jake Browning missed the team's night practice due to COVID protocols. At that time, head coach Mike Zimmer expressed his frustration with players refusing to get vaccinated and spoke about the problem it could cause late in a season with a playoff berth on the line.

From the linked article. SMH

• Like 2

LOL, Matt Ryan thought he ran in a TD but was actually down at the 1. However, he threw the ball at a Buffalo defender, resulting in a taunting penalty and 3rd and Goal from the 16 (which they missed).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Sooo Antonio Brown just retired mid-game. Dude is a fxcking nutjob and should have been banned after using a fake vax card. Foh AB ✌️

The only way this ends is in the true crime fashion. Whether it is a Gator Rogowski or Chris Henry ending is anybody’s guess. 

We already know that the TB coach has no sack, so not expecting any ramifications for whatever Antonio Brown did.  Not sure what Arians expected when he reneged from his "no second chances" thing by giving a guy another chance after he commits a federal crime.  He undermined himself, and there's no going back.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Lost by 1 in Pittsburgh. 
Lost by 2 in Cleveland.

Lost by 1 to the Pack. 
Had the worst defensive performance in franchise history while also playing QB3 who was signed off the street in Cincy. 
Lost by 1 to the Rams. 

Two of those losses came on failed 2-PT conversions that could’ve easily been successful. 
Most of our early season wins felt fraudulent. 

Not sure if I’ve ever been more ready for a football season to be over. 

spacer.png