2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

12 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

How in the world did Indy choke today away? They looked like the best team in the AFC like three weeks ago.

Can't tell yet if week 18 was a good or bad idea.

Carson Wentz's unvaccinated ass got COVID.

• Like 3
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

17 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

How in the world did Indy choke today away? They looked like the best team in the AFC like three weeks ago.

Can't tell yet if week 18 was a good or bad idea.

Please tell us after the Bills game...

• Like 1

I saw, I came, I left.

Unfortunately, there's still ways his stupid worthless ass can get into the playoffs.   While I'm rooting for Baltimore over Pittsburgh, if the Steelers happen to win this in OT, that knocks the sniffling crybaby out - not that he really cares.

If this game ends in a tie... then his chances go up dramatically.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And they get Indianapoliseses 1st-round pick!  There's not even a silver lining in the loss for them.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:
I've long been curious about point differential and if regular season point differential correlates into post season success. I've found something that quite honestly shocked me after doing some research. (As a side note, I'll refer to point differential as PD from here on to save redundancy and my sanity).

Because I hate myself, I went ahead and charted the PD position of every Super Bowl participant since the merger.

That's 51 Super Bowls or 102 Super Bowl teams. Out of those 102 Teams, only 15 of them finished outside the top 3 in their conference in point differential. Just 14% of all Super Bowl teams. On the reverse, that means 87 of the 102 teams finished in the top 3 in PD. An overwhelming majority. 

Only 10 Super Bowls had both teams not finish at least first in PD in their conference. Four of those occurred in the last 21 years which were Super Bowls 55, 43, 38 and 35. 

12 Super Bowls featured the best team in PD in both conferences, last one to happen was in 2017 with the Eagles and Patriots. 

24 Super Bowls had either the 1st and 2nd best team in PD in their respective conferences. 

Now for some weird anomalies. Super Bowl 38 between the Patriots and Panthers is the only Super Bowl since the merger that featured two teams who did not finish at least 3rd in PD in their conferences. The 2007 Giants (8th in conference PD), 2003 Panthers (9th), 2008 Cardinals (10th) and 2011 Giants (10th) are the worst teams to ever make a Super Bowl (and that's in order too). 2011 Giants are the worst team to ever win a Super Bowl, and to date, they are the only Super Bowl Champion who had a negative PD in their regular season. 

So I'd confidently say the Super Bowl participants will be one of the teams who finished top 3 in their conference. And I'd feel in near 100% certainty in saying at least one of the participants will fit that criteria. I'll add more context to the data once today's games have finished.

• Like 3

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

The Indianapolis Colts are going to choke in front of the worst team in the NFL and a bunch of fans dressed like clowns.

I’d feel bad for them if they didn’t leave Baltimore on the Mayflower trucks and ended so many Chiefs seasons when I was growing up. 

Just want to throw out props for being one of the first times I’ve ever seen people outside of Baltimore acknowledge the fact that Baltimore had their team ripped away from them too. Everyone seems to conveniently forget that point. 

On another note, I haven’t been this glad to see a Ravens season end since the one where Flacco tore his ACL and we ended up with a top 10 pick (2015? I think?). There has been very little joy in watching this team the last month and a half. Lost 6 straight to close out the year and 5 of those were by 3 points or less. Ridiculously bad close game execution. No Lamar for the last month. It’ll be nice to watch NFL football without having to worry too much about who’s winning, although the Steelers getting in really throws a damper on that. They seem like a slam dunk one-and-done but if anyone can pull an undeserved, referee-assisted playoff win out of their you-know-where, it’s the Pittsburgh Steelers.

• Like 3

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

Just want to throw out props for being one of the first times I’ve ever seen people outside of Baltimore acknowledge the fact that Baltimore had their team ripped away from them too. Everyone seems to conveniently forget that point. 

Yeah, but your team has two Super Bowl titles and is consistently competitive. Doesn't getting a consistent winner cancel out losing NFL football for a dozen years?

The Sonics have been gone in Seattle for 14 years now. If/when they come back, it'll be a miracle if they ever win a title; just having them will be enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Yeah, but your team has two Super Bowl titles and is consistently competitive. Doesn't getting a consistent winner cancel out losing NFL football for a dozen years?

Fair.  And I do think that my generation, having grown up with the Ravens, has definitely eased that sting.  It just kind of shocked me because you almost never hear about the Colts leaving anymore with the general NFL fanbase or in internet discussions, especially from someone outside of Baltimore.

• Like 4

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Red Comet said:

So judging by that, you think that the teams most likely to represent the AFC as of right now are Buffalo, New England and Kansas City while the NFC it would be Dallas, Tampa Bay and Los Angeles/Arizona. 

Seems interesting. How much of Tennessee’s deficits in point differential are due to how hurt that teams has been? Considering all that, I think Mike Vrabel should be the unanimous Coach of the Year. I don’t see them winning a playoff game, but I am impressed that they’ve gotten as far as they have. 

Yes. I'm near 100% certain that at least one of those teams will make it to the Super Bowl, and about 90% certain that both participants will be from that grouping.

Interestingly, if we ignore the conference PD rankings and go by pure league PD rankings, the eventual champion is highly likely to be one of the 4 best teams in PD as well as both (or at least one) Super Bowl participants. The last 3 Super Bowls however, didn't feature the top 2 teams in PD regardless of conference. But the 5 Super Bowls had either the best team in PD in the league (2015 Carolina) or flat both of the top 2 teams in PD. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

5 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

the fact that Mike Tomlin has never had a season below .500 is amazing.  He's had 3 seasons of 8-8 but nothing lower than that.  

And yet i still see Steelers fans disrespect him on SM. Most, if not all, NFL franchises would kill for that kind of leadership and consistency.

That being said, need a Chargers-Raiders tie on SNF tonight. Big Ben's retirement can't come soon enough

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

25 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

And then you all jumped on the bandwagon of another team that was "ripped away" from its city. FWIW, I acknowledge that Baltimore got screwed in 1983. What I won't do is feel bad for you about it now. Browns fans are funny that way. 😎

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

21 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

Fair.  And I do think that my generation, having grown up with the Ravens, has definitely eased that sting.  It just kind of shocked me because you almost never hear about the Colts leaving anymore with the general NFL fanbase or in internet discussions, especially from someone outside of Baltimore.

The Colts left Baltimore almost 40 years ago. The Ravens have existed for 26 years. At this point, the Colts having been in Baltimore feels like a historical oddity. In my life, they've basically only even been the Indianapolis Colts; certainly since I've paid attention to the league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

36 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

On another note, I haven’t been this glad to see a Ravens season end since the one where Flacco tore his ACL and we ended up with a top 10 pick (2015? I think?). There has been very little joy in watching this team the last month and a half. Lost 6 straight to close out the year and 5 of those were by 3 points or less. Ridiculously bad close game execution. No Lamar for the last month. It’ll be nice to watch NFL football without having to worry too much about who’s winning, although the Steelers getting in really throws a damper on that. They seem like a slam dunk one-and-done but if anyone can pull an undeserved, referee-assisted playoff win out of their you-know-where, it’s the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Well the city and state governments tried to eminent domain Irsay's private business from him so it's not as cut and dry as other relocations.

21 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

Tell that to St Louis... they have lost teams TWICE since the Colts left Baltimore.

• Like 2

I saw, I came, I left.

Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

At this point, the Colts having been in Baltimore feels like a historical oddity

Let's not get carried away here lol, They won three championships and were captained by an arguable top 5 all-time QB, as well as being participants in Super Bowl III (which is arguably the most important in history), and winning the first post-merger Super Bowl