USFL 2023 - Uniforms and Logos

sky1324

On 5/10/2022 at 12:04 AM, hugevolsfan said:

The navy would be better for color balance because of the Jersey… I would ditch the gray pants for white….

If color balance is a concern, then the best option is to keep the mask white. There's a natural progression to the color patterns on that helmet as is -- navy  royal to light blue to white -- that would be disrupted by unnecessarily forcing a colored face mask onto the helmet. The design treats the helmet as a whole rather than individual parts that need their own colors.  That's the beauty of it. 

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They also finally tarped off the end zones as well. I'm guessing that'll be the case for all games not featuring Birmingham.

I doubt they're paying to have workers remove and install them between games. This just makes more sit on the sideline for angle shots and this gives them the usfl logos on plain view from the sky cam and drone shots. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sykotyk said:

I doubt they're paying to have workers remove and install them between games. This just makes more sit on the sideline for angle shots and this gives them the usfl logos on plain view from the sky cam and drone shots. 

I also wonder how many people they expect to get in Canton. I'd expect to see the tarps in the end zones there too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I also wonder how many people they expect to get in Canton. I'd expect to see the tarps in the end zones there too. 

Only one endzone has seats and is very small. Wouldn't surprise me if they did but I don't see an issue. The problem will be the 400 people there will look horrible since there won't be a single home team. 

I hope they go free admission and try to pack the place with youth teams, etc. Cause the D3 ncaa title game was held there to a ridiculously small crowd when Mount Union failed to make it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sykotyk said:

Only one endzone has seats and is very small. Wouldn't surprise me if they did but I don't see an issue. The problem will be the 400 people there will look horrible since there won't be a single home team. 

I hope they go free admission and try to pack the place with youth teams, etc. Cause the D3 ncaa title game was held there to a ridiculously small crowd when Mount Union failed to make it. 

Exactly! I'd be worried there's more NFL scouts than fans. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

That's hyperbole, right?

Yes, but how much are those games being hyped in Canton? I see commercials for Birmingham during the games but I haven't noticed anything about Canton.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

28 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yes, but how much are those games being hyped in Canton? I see commercials for Birmingham during the games but I haven't noticed anything about Canton.

They are more concerned with eyes on TV than in the stands right now. I don't know if that is right or wrong, but it is clearly what they are doing.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

Lemme guess.. A team featuring red vs. a team featuring red

Birmingham had a metallic gold helmet, white jersey and white pants. 

Philly had yellow gold helmet, red jersey and yellow gold pants.

So, no. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ralphz said:

Birmingham had a metallic gold helmet, white jersey and white pants. 

Philly had yellow gold helmet, red jersey and yellow gold pants.

So, no. 

My bad. Could've sworn 90% of the new USFL teams wore red

• Yawn 2

6uXNWAo.png

42 minutes ago, Cujo said:

My bad. Could've sworn 90% of the new USFL teams wore red

All because of the original color palettes.   Birm, TB, Philly amd NJ all have red, so 50%

1 blue, 1 maroon, 1 black (with red trim) and 1 purple.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Anyone know why Kirby Wilson has had this "X" on his jacket for the last five weeks?

spacer.png

That's a good question. I first noticed it in the USFL documentary that preceded the first weekend games. I just assumed it was a  religious thing and saw it as a cross.