USFL 2023 - Uniforms and Logos

sky1324

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

The primary logo was goofy as hell, but the uniforms were great.

spacer.png

For some reason I've always liked pants with two thick stripes. 90s Patriots, Ole Miss for decades, Washington NFL for decades. 

• Like 5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

Weren't the Gunslingers notoriously cheap, even by USFL standards? Probably not a brand that the new league is eager to capitalize on. 

They were, and you're probably right.  My original point was that facility availability appears to be a deciding factor.  I believe the Tampa Bay Bandits brand carries more value than the Memphis Showboats brand , but the Showboats will be the team playing next season.

2 hours ago, Bmac said:

Royal blue and kelly green is not a color combo that screams "San Antonio" or "Gunslingers" to me. I'd love to see more green used in the league, but I'd rather see this team rebranded in more fitting colors (brown would be cool) if they return.

Like so?  Same city, different league.

And, yes, that is THE Jason Garrett.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • WOAH 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

That's a Bosack job, isn't it? Looks to be his signature style. If it is--and even if it ain't--dude smashed that one over the upper deck grandstands.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, leopard88 said:

The primary logo was goofy as hell, but the uniforms were great.

spacer.png

the current USFL has been criticized for too much red.  Well bringing back the Gunslingers and just modernizing the logos and make the jersey's more like the Seahawks prevents the red.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, GDAWG said:

the current USFL has been criticized for too much red.  Well bringing back the Gunslingers and just modernizing the logos and make the jersey's more like the Seahawks prevents the red.  

Given the climate we currently live in I doubt the Gunslingers name will make a come back.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 12:17 PM, BengalErnst said:

But they're not called the riverboats, they're called the showboats which is why I'm okay with the logo. It looks like a speed boat and a lot of the "showboats" I know own a speed boat haha

But I have a question.. What other cities would a team called "Showboats" work with? Asking for a friend haha

They would have to be on the Mississippi or Ohio river in order to make historic sense IMO. so  like St. Louis, New Orleans, Memphis, Louisville, etc. Cincinnati might actually technically have even greater claim to it then Memphis :  the last surviving actual showboat used to be docked on the Cincinnati riverfront for decades, and is moored just east of the city now. 

On 11/15/2022 at 3:23 PM, BengalErnst said:

I do agree but what explains Detroit being used as a hub city also? 

Think the league is looking there because the Michigan Panthers were one of the better-supported teams in the league  and Detroit seems like a good sports town.  Easy logistics to pair Pittsburgh with them there too. 

Fox also owns their Detroit fox affiliate TV station as well via a subsidiary, plus sports betting is legal in Michigan - good for the FoxBet App, so there's some vertical integration benefits there too.  

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 9:02 AM, MJWalker45 said:

The San Antonio Gunslingers are headed to Freeman Coliseum

I think they took the XFL idea and had each team put their logos on the balls.

San Antonio Gunslingers get first win over Albany Empire

This team was literally playing in a horse barn two years ago, so low budget applies.

George Strait's San Antonio Rose Palace to Close and Go Up For SaleSan Antonio Gunslingers beat the Austin Wild improving to 2-1 on the year

And teams in Texas that start up seem to follow an unwritten rule, except for Panther City lacrosse, that you have to copy the Texas flag colors. And most people in San Antonio don't have a positive view of the USFL Gunslingers since they were so cheap that even the players weren't sure they could get paid. 

Doens't help that the Gunslingers had both a poor record  (12-24 all time) and finished in the bottom quartile of average home attendance in either of their seasons as well. 

22 hours ago, Cruhawk7975 said:

Think the league is looking there because the Michigan Panthers were one of the better-supported teams in the league  and Detroit seems like a good sports town.  Easy logistics to pair Pittsburgh with them there too. 

Fox also owns their Detroit fox affiliate TV station as well via a subsidiary, plus sports betting is legal in Michigan - good for the FoxBet App, so there's some vertical integration benefits there too.  

22 hours ago, Cruhawk7975 said:

Doens't help that the Gunslingers had both a poor record  (12-24 all time) and finished in the bottom quartile of average home attendance in either of their seasons as well. 

What happened with the original USFL has no bearing on this.

• Yawn 1

It's where I sit.