USFL 2023 - Uniforms and Logos

sky1324

21 minutes ago, BengalErnst said:

I actually like this. Happy they changed the colors and updated the logo. The league had too much red and I have no loyalty to the original league so I’m okay with it. 

I don't mind the change of colours, even though I was a fan of the original league. There probably is too much red in the league now, so making this team blue is just fine.

But I hate the new logo. A riverboat is not a speedboat; it floats at a leisurly pace.  The original riverboat wheel should just have been recoloured.

• Like 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, BengalErnst said:

I actually like this. Happy they changed the colors and updated the logo. The league had too much red and I have no loyalty to the original league so I’m okay with it. 

38 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I don't mind the change of colours, even though I was a fan of the original league. There probably is too much red in the league now, so making this team blue is just fine.

But I hate the new logo. A riverboat is not a speedboat; it floats at a leisurly pace.  The original riverboat wheel should just have been recoloured.

Pro Football Returns to Memphis with Iconic USFL Showboats - OurSports  Central

Logo probably should have been less speedboat, but agreed on the colors being a change for the better.

https://usflnewsroom.com/news/breaking-usfl-announces-return-of-memphis-showboats/

With the USFL looking at having three hubs, it should be interesting to see how they set these up. Obviously Birmingham and Memphis, as well as one other team will have one stadium for home games. But will other teams get assigned a home stadium or will they be playing "home games" at multiple stadiums? Houston is listed as sharing the hub with Memphis and I'd expect New Orleans to share the Birmingham hub with the Stallions. It does mean that ten weeks of the season, both stadiums are guaranteed to host games. Will they use the generic USFL field design or swap out the home team end zones like we saw in the championship game? Will Birmingham stay at one field or continue to use both? 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

But they're not called the riverboats, they're called the showboats which is why I'm okay with the logo. It looks like a speed boat and a lot of the "showboats" I know own a speed boat haha

But I have a question.. What other cities would a team called "Showboats" work with? Asking for a friend haha

• Like 2

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

3 minutes ago, BengalErnst said:

But I have a question.. What other cities would a team called "Showboats" work with? Asking for a friend haha

Anyplace up and down the river - St. Louis, for example. 

Also, I like using the Predators colors. Maybe on a silver helmet? 

• Like 1

I've already expressed my opinion on the speed thing, so I'll skip that.

I really do like the colors.  However, I think it would have worked better if they went with something along these lines (i.e., a riverboat not tearing down the Mississippi, making it impossible for patrons to play cards or enjoy a show).

spacer.png

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Oh well, so my Bandits (the best logo, IMO) are gone.  That sux, especially for a team that never got to play at home.....LOL

But I found alternate logos in pretty decent sizes that were from season 1.  I don't think we have ANY of the USFL 2022 logos up yet here on this fine site.  (And now we get to add Memphis, oh boy)

I think all the primary logos are the wordmark + logo combos, but I might be incorrect.  Anyway, I think these are all the main alternates, although TB had 2 more (The "TB" lockup, and the Bandit head) , and I think Pitts had 1 more (the Mauler in the circle w/o the wordmark), Philly had the liberty bell alternate, and Houston had that "H" with the laces alternate, New Jersey had the "NJ" lockup alternate, Michigan had the panther head with no wordmark, Birmingham had the Stallion head with no wordmark.

Birmingham-Stallions-2-2048x2048.png.web

NewJersey-Generals-1-2048x2048.png.webp

Michigan-Panthers-3-2048x2048.png.webp

Philadelphia-Stars-1-2048x2048.png.webp

Pittsburgh-Maulers-2-1-2048x2048.png.web

NewOrleans-Breakers-1-2048x2048.png.webp

Houston-Gamblers-1-2048x2048.png.webp

TampaBay-Bandits-1-1-2048x2048.png.webp

Edited by EJ_Barlik
Clarifications
  • Like 3

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

15 minutes ago, EJ_Barlik said:

Oh well, so my Bandits (the best logo, IMO) are gone.  That sux, especially for a team that never got to play at home.....LOL

Based on the tweet shared a few posts above this, the USFL suggests the Bandits are only on hiatus. Naturally, that would require the league to be around for another season beyond this next one, but at least there's hope. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Based on the tweet shared a few posts above this, the USFL suggests the Bandits are only on hiatus. Naturally, that would require the league to be around for another season beyond this next one, but at least there's hope. 

It would also require them to expand for this team to come back. And with two leagues of 8 playing in the winter/spring/summer, I don't think there is enough good players to support it. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It would also require them to expand for this team to come back. And with two leagues of 8 playing in the winter/spring/summer, I don't think there is enough good players to support it. 

That's a great point. 

I think having two spring leagues will really test the theory that there's an abundance of talent just waiting for a shot. 

• Like 4

Got to say as a USFL purist that I am not happy about the logo change and definitely not the color change.  I get why they did it after everyone threw a hissyfit about the amount of red last year, but I was hoping to see an updated steamboat wheel logo and red and silver (or silver sky, hint hint) as the colors.  If they wanted to diversify colors they should have moved the Bandits to Orlando instead, or add the Federals to have a green team.   

Just not loving the change, but I will still follow the USFL more than the XFL just out of nostalgia for Flutie, Kelly, Cribbs, and Rozier. 

• Like 2