MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

8 hours ago, Lookuppage7 said:

TSC says this is what will be Sounders new jersey

I can't tell if that will look good on big ol beer bellies or terrible. Seems like one way or the other.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

18 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Full Charlotte secondary:

spacer.png

spacer.png

ontxrl1f1h7snjsnwzag.png I ReAlLy LiKe that the first 3 real images still leave you wondering which shade of green the crest/ads are.  Is it just me or is the version with the 3 players nearly white?  For the "green skin" version...if you like it that strong why are the others more washed out? 

Just like the new logo, new Revs kit is fine but somehow underwhelming and devoid of character. I don't mind simple; the shirt they wore on the 2014 MLS Cup run is my favorite or second-favorite Revs home shirt of modern times. But it does go to show how small details make all the difference between "classy and simple" and "looks like teamwear". Would have preferred if the cuff/collar red trim was more than just micro-trim, and that's even worse being wholly absent from the replicas.

For the first time since 2013, New England is reverting to blue shorts to convey a bold one-color look, allowing the club’s new crest the chance to shine as it appears on the Revolution jersey for the first time.

Puke! Navy doesn't work well in monochrome, total snooze of a design choice. Revs really need white shorts back, or even red again.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

So as an ATLUTD fan, after seeing the CLT and Austin Mint jerseys I'm kinda worried about what they're going to show this Saturday. We know its going to be Mint & Black. After seeing the custom patterns that the Rapids and Redbulls and Sounders are getting I'm going to be pretty upset if the only club to qualify to get a 3rd kit last year has to settle on a retread of a 3 year old pattern in a color scheme that 2 other clubs in the league is already using. Here's to hoping the pattern from the email was just a filler and we actually get something custom to City in the Forest. 

• Like 4
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Well their home kit is heavy on the black and hardly anyone else (well, the Timbers green is dark enough so there's only Seattle) wears green in the MLS so I think they'll be fine when it comes to clashes. A bit like Inter having a mint kit a couple of years ago that wasn' t actually useless because they mostly needed to change at black heavy teams

4 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

So as an ATLUTD fan, after seeing the CLT and Austin Mint jerseys I'm kinda worried about what they're going to show this Saturday. We know its going to be Mint & Black. After seeing the custom patterns that the Rapids and Redbulls and Sounders are getting I'm going to be pretty upset if the only club to qualify to get a 3rd kit last year has to settle on a retread of a 3 year old pattern in a color scheme that 2 other clubs in the league is already using. Here's to hoping the pattern from the email was just a filler and we actually get something custom to City in the Forest. 

Considering ATL’s third kit featured a wholly original graphic, I would not be surprised at all if there was sort of a “creative trade-off” on Adidas’ part in that this new secondary kit will just feature a recycled graphic instead of another bespoke design. That would be pretty dumb, but…

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, hendocfc said:

Well their home kit is heavy on the black and nobody else wears green in the MLS so I think they'll be fine when it comes to clashes. A bit like Inter having a mint kit a couple of years ago that wasn' t actually useless because they mostly needed to change at black heavy teams

spacer.png

spacer.png

To be fair, Austin’s mint kit should contrast fine with the Timbers’ dark green. I don’t see any possible matchup with Seattle, though, other than both teams wearing their secondaries. That’s just as much Seattle’s fault as it is Austin’s now, though.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Well their home kit is heavy on the black and nobody else wears green in the MLS so I think they'll be fine when it comes to clashes. A bit like Inter having a mint kit a couple of years ago that wasn' t actually useless because they mostly needed to change at black heavy teams

If this is all true, why use a different shade of green? Just create a kit that uses the fantastic bright green already in their color scheme?

I get the general idea of change kits, and I appreciate when teams maintain a certain degree of consistency with them (Rose City Red for the Timbers, Arsenal in Yellow, etc.). But looking at this years MLS kits, it's become abundantly clear that someone, somewhere declared mint the 2022 trend color and everybody's jumping on the trendwagon. 

UPDATE: I could see how a bright green kit might clash with the Timbers, so a change kit using different colors would be necessary. But the point still stands: a green team choosing a lighter shade of green as its secondary seems silly. 

Just now, gosioux76 said:

This is all true, but at the same time, why use a different shade of green? If nobody else has green, just create a kit that uses the fantastic bright green already in their color scheme?

I get the general idea of change kits, and I appreciate when teams maintain a certain degree of consistency with them (Rose City Red for the Timbers, Arsenal in Yellow, etc.). But looking at this years MLS kits, it's become abundantly clear that someone, somewhere declared mint the 2022 trend color and everybody's jumping on the trendwagon. 

All I ask is that we get a San Jose Clash fauxback out of it. 

spacer.png

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

To be fair, Austin’s mint kit should contrast fine with the Timbers’ dark green. I don’t see any possible matchup with Seattle, though, other than both teams wearing their secondaries. That’s just as much Seattle’s fault as it is Austin’s now, though.

Oh my word, bit of a brainfart there. 🤦‍♂️ Will edit the post.

• LOL 1