MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

I know there's been a lot of dunking on Adidas for mailing in the kits for MLS (especially in World Cup years), but most of what we've seen are pretty good. LAG will be nice to see with the qualsars on the collar & the NE kit is anice "refresh", but this is one of those times where I do wish teams could choose their own suppliers to get a bit more diversity, but I think there will be a lot of plain looking kits this year (DC United is rumored to have a very basic black kit with red accents).

St. Louis CITY SC this year will field a team in the MLS Next League a year ahead of its first team taking the field. Today, the organization released its first MLS Next roster. But within the release, they also released a new brand mark for the lower-league team, taking cues from many of their MLS predecessors.  You can see its new logo in the upper right. spacer.png

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

So mint base color with this graphic? Hopefully there’s more to it than that…

spacer.png

Damn, you're probably right. I know its a lot to ask, but I hope maybe the pattern is a darker tint than the mint to make it a little bit more pronounced?  This is probably it though given pretty much everything we've seen is just plain color with some embossed print.

2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Launching right next to the Botanical Gardens, going to be a City in the Trees Kit. Would be shocked if they went Peachtree theme since its on Piedmont and not one of the twenty something peachtree streets. Though this is setting up for a sweet Peachtree theme'd kit in a few years to marry the orange King Peach and this green City in the Trees kit. 

This is going to look alot like the Hornet's Buzz City jerseys and I can't wait for the CLT fans to be salty about it. 

Hornets unveil new Mint-inspired Jordan Brand "City Edition" uniforms -  CLTure

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

1 hour ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Launching right next to the Botanical Gardens, going to be a City in the Trees Kit. Would be shocked if they went Peachtree theme since its on Piedmont and not one of the twenty something peachtree streets. Though this is setting up for a sweet Peachtree theme'd kit in a few years to marry the orange King Peach and this green City in the Trees kit. 

This is going to look alot like the Hornet's Buzz City jerseys and I can't wait for the CLT fans to be salty about it. 

It's ok, we've got our own, and we beat ya to it.

Reveal is set for the 17th.

the user formerly known as cdclt

3 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Hornets unveil new Mint-inspired Jordan Brand "City Edition" uniforms -  CLTure

2 hours ago, QCS said:

It's ok, we've got our own, and we beat ya to it.

Reveal is set for the 17th.

Colorado beat you both to it last year (and I suspect they’ll have done better than either ATL or CLT):

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Revs unveiling their kit on the 15th as well. I still like the whole angle of “Zero FCs Given” pushing that filter as much as possible.

hate that it’s going to be the full roundel and not the R crest alone. Maybe they can eventually do what the Timbers did and go to the simple crest as the primary

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

Revs unveiling their kit on the 15th as well. I still like the whole angle of “No FCs Given” pushing that filter as much as possible.

hate that it’s going to be the full roundel and not the R crest alone. Maybe they can eventually do what the Timbers did and go to the simple crest as the primary

It's actually "Zero FCs Given" and they took it from me:

I'm friendly with the team's CEO and Marketing Director, fortunately. I have a request in to them for something for taking that line.

patriotssignature.png

2 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

Revs unveiling their kit on the 15th as well. I still like the whole angle of “Zero FCs Given” pushing that filter as much as possible.

I've liked the entire tack and process with the Revs rebrand, except for the actual logo and jersey that they came up with. 😂 But the rest of it has been very clever and fresh compared to the usual MLS cliches. 

The logo thing still mystifies me. There was a piece about the rebrand when they unveiled it, I think in the Athletic, where someone with the team said the "official" logo needed the team name, hence the roundel. Which would explain why the roundel has to be on the official equipment but they use the R only in all the team-specific graphics and merch where they can. But...how did Chicago get away with a C-only logo for their 2nd rebrand, then? And Portland of course went the opposite way several years ago now. So IDK.

Anyway, good thing they'll have a kit to wear in their first CCL game that very night.

• Like 3

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 2022-02-07 at 12:16 PM, Digby said:

I actually prefer a plain thing to these weird embossed patterns Adidas is so into lately, like the Revs this year and Montreal/Miami last year. I always expect them to be pleather, I hate it!

I still think Revs should’ve have red or sublimated hoops/stripes.   

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

Fun new sleeve sponsor for NYCFC:

MB-Dude-Wipes-NYCFC.ashx?mw=408

If you've ever considering buying such a product, please don't. They're terrible for the environment and your plumbing. Consider a $30 bidet. You'll feel so much better and save money on TP in the long run.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags