MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

22 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

I could see Adidas reusing this pattern from the 2019 Man United kit for the Timbers kit.

s-l400.jpg 

I could definitely see that. I’m not usually a fan of Adidas recycling patterns, but at least in this case it’d be applied in a completely different way with the teaser suggesting that the roses are dark red on a pale pink/rose gold base. I’d rather see a completely original pattern of course, but I could still get on board with a design similar to that one.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Dallas: this pattern horizontally four times, getting a bit smaller height-wise as you go further down the shirt. The first one goes through the logo and crest and is slightly taller than the crest. Round collar with blue trim. Blue shoulder stripes. Blue back.  Fabric stripe up the sides and onto the sleeves is blue and back is red.
ylQWtu3.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KitLeakBoi said:

Dallas: this pattern horizontally four times, getting a bit smaller height-wise as you go further down the shirt. The first one goes through the logo and crest and is slightly taller than the crest. Round collar with blue trim. Blue shoulder stripes. Blue back. 

The back of the shirt is blue?!

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

36 minutes ago, KitLeakBoi said:

Dallas: this pattern horizontally four times, getting a bit smaller height-wise as you go further down the shirt. The first one goes through the logo and crest and is slightly taller than the crest. Round collar with blue trim. Blue shoulder stripes. Blue back.  Fabric stripe up the sides and onto the sleeves is blue and back is red.
ylQWtu3.png

Any Minnesota United leaks? :) 

spacer.png

This is fine. Red is better than black for them, and this carries over the checkerboard theme from the current white set. I really wanna see them do a Croatia-esque white and red checkerboard at some point, but I don’t see that being all that likely unless/until third kits become more widely attainable.

• Like 8

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

We're 3 weeks from opening weekend and there's been like 2 unveilings so far. You'd think the clubs would have wanted to get new merch sales in earlier due to the quick turnaround for this season. Guess not...

There are definitely some supply chain issues going on, because by now usually we would’ve seen a good deal of this year’s training and travel gear either being used by the teams or put up for sale. It’s been pretty limited on that front, and I’m guessing it’s playing a role in the later kit teases and unveilings as well.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Footy Headlines with the first actual shot of the Union primary:

spacer.png 

spacer.png

About time the Bimbo logo is gold. The white Bimbo logo was an improvement on their last two primaries, but this is what it should be. I even like the navy stroke on the Bimbo logo rather than breaking up the vertical stripe to accommodate the sponsor. IMO this is easily one of the better primaries in the Union’s history. Their full set this year will without a doubt be the best set in their history and should be one of the better sets in the league.

• Like 5

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

23 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Footy Headlines with the first actual shot of the Union primary:

spacer.png 

spacer.png

About time the Bimbo logo is gold. The white Bimbo logo was an improvement on their last two primaries, but this is what it should be. I even like the navy stroke on the Bimbo logo rather than breaking up the vertical stripe to accommodate the sponsor. IMO this is easily one of the better primaries in the Union’s history. Their full set this year will without a doubt be the best set in their history and should be one of the better sets in the league.

Holy moly, that is gorgeous! Might be one of the best kits in recent MLS history. Just goes to show you don't need to overthink things for them to look good.

• Like 3

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Just saw the Revs wore their carryover away kit with the new logo last night in a preseason game. That was a terrible kit before and now it's even worse; the new crest looks bad with the roundel AND rendered in monochrome.

Speaking of carryover away kits with new crests, Chicago wore theirs in preseason friendlies this past week:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Unlike the Revs, I’d call this one a huge upgrade. Not just because the new crest is far and away superior to the old, but also because the full color crest is a lot better than the monochrome navy version that it had last year with the old crest. The light blue ties into the pattern on the shirt and the red ‘C’ pops nicely.

• Like 5

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1